Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Watford 1-5 City Post Match

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Easy for you .

Our defending would bring shame to Sunday league football .

:(

Clinical finishing in your part .

must have been tough to watch. New manager had a face like a slapped arse watching that..

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Spurs at home went from (W) to (L) in about 2 minutes but I'd rather think about the VAR calls at Brighton and United that have cost us massively. Even now I haven't seen any club get penalised in the way we were at the Amex.

Would have been incredible to get some sort of Euro place despite all the set piece issues.

Might be a blessing to concentrate on the League and possibly two cups. Playing Thursday / Sunday stretches resources and a lot of injury problems seem to be muscular caused by fatigue ?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Spurs at home went from (W) to (L) in about 2 minutes but I'd rather think about the VAR calls at Brighton and United that have cost us massively. Even now I haven't seen any club get penalised in the way we were at the Amex.

Would have been incredible to get some sort of Euro place despite all the set piece issues.

Don’t torment yourself ;) it drives you nuts thinking like that .

mind you we know we’ve been inconsistent in games and pitiful in defence but the whole league below 3 rd place has been rubbish based on the fact we’re only a handful of points from European qualification 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Don’t torment yourself ;) it drives you nuts thinking like that .

mind you we know we’ve been inconsistent in games and pitiful in defence but the whole league below 3 rd place has been rubbish based on the fact we’re only a handful of points from European qualification 

Weve been inconsistent but we've had some rotten luck too.

Hope the old boy on row W who took sick is ok ! 

He looked in a lot of pain bless him 

cracking day out , and cracking effort in the away end 

Ollie Bains, think that was your name; Colleen Rooney will fall in love with you, your a ringer for Wayne at 18 🤣; you and your buddies are a credit to the club ,kept the singing going all game well done lad 💪💪

42 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Still haven't forgotten the Sky ref watch thing when Dermot Gallager defended the ref by saying that although Barnes wasn't blocking the keepers sight he did make a move towards the ball when he moved his head! It seemed to be a rule just applied in that match. 

1 minute ago, DoveValleyFox said:

Regardless of whether Watford are already down, poor and deflated, I'd have loved to have witnessed a 5-1 away win in the PL.

I’m pretty gutted I didn’t fork out the train fare today. Had tickets in the palm of my hand, but trains seemed overpriced… 

Up and down sides of today really for me. 

Corners continue to be a joke. I wouldn't blame Ward for it (not always Kaspers fault but he hasn't helped at times), the desire or lack of, to clear the ball and win the ball is non existent. Second balls are just as bad too. Lack of concentration and aggression is just poor. They hit the bar with another corner straight after too, we could have been two down.

Ward made a top class save also from a flick heading in the corner. Again could have been further down. 

Watford defensively were poor but we can only do what we did today and put a few past which has pleased me. 

The whole game has really summed our season on the whole, showed our weaknesses and what we're capable when firing. Also shows how we miss a fully fit Vardy.

I would like to finish in 8th now, let's not argue it papers over the cracks or that the season has been good enough but a bit of momentum for next season will always be good. 

Maddison man of the match I think today too. 

Edited by peterborofox

39 minutes ago, DoveValleyFox said:

Regardless of whether Watford are already down, poor and deflated, I'd have loved to have witnessed a 5-1 away win in the PL.

I am glad l went, easy to say its an end of season game, and a little matter of being luckily to get a ticket and travel

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Weird take, we have to play everyone twice over the course of a season, and after 38 games we ultimately finish where we deserve. If we hadn’t beaten them today, we would have picked up the six points at another point this season. 

Ah but would we have?

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

Thursday v Chelsea is a free hit but we have to beat Southampton at home to end the season on a properly positive note. I’ll take whatever position we end up in if we win that one.

Not quite a "free hit".     

If we lose to Chelsea, we don't want to get absolutely stuffed ... otherwise goal difference could cost us, if we end up on the same points as any of Wolves/Brighton/Brentford/Palace/Villa.

• Like 1