Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Watford 1-5 City Post Match

Good to see us attack and not forsake any risk in favour of keeping the ball at all costs.

Albeit against a heavily depleted championship team and with no pressure on now we've fluffed everything, but it's a start.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Started playing when Vardy returned

Fixed it for you 😉

In all seriousness, it shows how much we miss Vardy when he’s not in the team (and how much of a problem we have coming over the hill…)

Even Daka’s cameo (which wasn’t bad) shows the difference between the two of them. Daka did well to win the ball back for the 5th but was outmuscled 2 or 3 times. Apart from how clinical JV can be, he just causes so many problems for defenders (especially ones of Cathcart’s standard..) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Weird take, we have to play everyone twice over the course of a season, and after 38 games we ultimately finish where we deserve. If we hadn’t beaten them today, we would have picked up the six points at another point this season. 

Not really a weird take at all. We were on an awful run of results and performances. If we had been playing two top half teams, it probably would have been another 2 losses and the trigger may well have been pulled. 6 points now has most likely saved his job.

Good win, clearly cannot moan but not convinced and my opinion on Rodgers hasn’t changed. You can only play what is in front of you and we’ve successfully dispatched two relegated teams but it feels like it has papered over the cracks.

It seems likely that we will finish 8th or 9th. On paper, it seems like a commendable finish when you consider injuries and our run in Europe but I think certain players have prevented it from being embarrassing. If it wasn’t for Vardy and Maddison, we could genuinely have been in a relegation battle. You’re deluded if you don’t believe that.

A good week after a pathetic display last Sunday but it doesn’t change the fact that the performances have been mainly poor this season. Individual brilliance has dug us out a lot and Rodgers has been incredibly lucky to have certain players at his disposal.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wins breed confidence so hopefully this will help us for next season. 

I still have my doubts with Rodger’s but if we can keep Vardy fit we will have a great chance of finishing top 6 we have the players to finish there.

A managerial masterclass against a Brazil side in the ascendancy. Well, i think so - with my stream it was hard to tell.

In reality, you can only beat who is in front of you. Ward had a haircut and a shave, so looked like an actual sportsman, and he as pretty decent to be fair. Be interesting to see what the Kasper fuss was all about.

Frailties are still there for everyone to see though, and its there to be sorted by the manager. Felt we we more direct in the 2nd half though and less piss*ng about at the back. Harveys goal straight after half time was great, and brilliant to see Vardy getting a couple.

Think 8th its now really possible, as wolves won't beat Liverpool on the last day - just need a result against Chelsea or Southampton. Doesn't really change my opinion on anything - its been a season of wasted opportunity. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Pride of the Midlands still up for grabs. Win the remaining two games and we finish 8th above Wolves. Get it done.

Win just one of them and don't get smashed in the other and we've probably finished above Wolves.

Well, good win that means we don't have to put up with the whingers for a few days.

Raised a few questions with Kasper being dropped and Amartey coming on and not Soyunchu? Brendan reasserting his authority? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

As much as they were terrible we were really good today. Very easy to not put it in with little to play for and the beach just over a week away. If you’re gonna find something to moan about today then I feel for you. We’ve scored 5 goals in a very good win. 

I think you'll understand mine. Stream was shit and saw virtually none of it. Signed up to iptv now and awaiting the details to set it all up.

Just now, Webbo said:

Well, good win that means we don't have to put up with the whingers for a few days.

Raised a few questions with Kasper being dropped and Amartey coming on and not Soyunchu? Brendan reasserting his authority? 

Soyuncu looked well pissed off behind bredan,