Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Watford 1-5 City Post Match

We were the only team to win in the five 2pm kickoffs, which makes the table look much more appealing.

Thursday v Chelsea is a free hit but we have to beat Southampton at home to end the season on a properly positive note. I’ll take whatever position we end up in if we win that one.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Why would we? We're not playing for anything? 

At this stage of the season they put it in order of importance in relation to the title/Europe/relegation.

"Why would we"?!! Because we just tanked Watford with FIVE goals!!

I’ve been a bit critical of Harvey Barnes recently but very pleased for him and his two nice finishes. Hope this gives him confidence to kick on.

Tielemans playing better, but he needs to cut out the potentially disastrous give-aways that he seems to dish out once or twice a match if he wants to play for the big boys.

Great scoreline and general attacking performance, but would it be churlish to point out that our defence still looks flakey despite having arguably our first choice players back? Perhaps, but if not for Danny Ward we could easily have conceded another couple. Anyway, very enjoyable watch.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

The fact that Barnes has had 24 G/A's in all competitions despite the number of question marks made over his performances this season is worthy of a lot of credit. Top performance today, him at his peak level may just be a joy to watch next season. 👀

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Good win, clearly cannot moan but not convinced and my opinion on Rodgers hasn’t changed. You can only play what is in front of you and we’ve successfully dispatched two relegated teams but it feels like it has papered over the cracks.

It seems likely that we will finish 8th or 9th. On paper, it seems like a commendable finish when you consider injuries and our run in Europe but I think certain players have prevented it from being embarrassing. If it wasn’t for Vardy and Maddison, we could genuinely have been in a relegation battle. You’re deluded if you don’t believe that.

A good week after a pathetic display last Sunday but it doesn’t change the fact that the performances have been mainly poor this season. Individual brilliance has dug us out a lot and Rodgers has been incredibly lucky to have certain players at his disposal.

Every team has two outstanding players that make them look better.

stupid thing to moan about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

We like playing relegated teams!

You can only beat what’s in front of you and we totally dominated them after an iffy start

Totally agree with you ,you still have to beat the team that's in front of you  and we did today .

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

"Why would we"?!! Because we just tanked Watford with FIVE goals!!

I refer you to the rest of my answer 🤷

I think any mid-table playing for nothing team could tank any already relegated team by 8 goals and it wouldn't be on first at this stage of the season (maybe a EPL record win might but even then would probably just be positioned best of the other pointless games).

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Every team has two outstanding players that make them look better.

stupid thing to moan about.

Yes, obviously but we’ve been more dependent on them than other clubs. For instance, whilst West Ham have been dependent on players like Bowen and Rice other players for them have had good seasons. Look at Cresswell, Dawson, Soucek, Fornals etc - they’ve all played really well. 

We have simply been more dependent on them because so many have been below par this season. How many players can you name for us that have had actually good seasons.

Good result against a really poor side very low on everything really.

Ward did some good stuff

Vards is on another planet to many of our players.

Madders is vital to us now for a creative spark.

Barnes is good but needs to be moving more 

He ,too often,receives the ball from a stationery position which makes him easier to make out the game.

He could really be something, if he works in it

Agreed with Ric Flair. A good 6-7 teams can't cope if we play like that, each season. You're bound to force mistakes off them and it's got to be worth a good 21-24 points. 

I just checked over our results and they're not horrendous. Certainly some memorable ones (and some awful) but it's the draws against the likes of Villa, Leeds, Everton and Southampton where you think 4 points should have at least been 9-10. Add that on to where we are and we're fighting for top 7.