Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Watford 1-5 City Post Match

This was my last away for the season, counted that I've done 15 this year and that was the first time I've seen us win away:Danyone else got a better record of losses? Not counting Rennes either as we lost on the night but technically won the tie. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Royston. said:

As 5-1's go that was fairly dull:P

Was nice to see us spank someone as all too often this season we have had our pants down, even in this game.

Can't see much changing with Rodgers next season regarding tactics and results but considering what a crap season it's been we still look like finishing top ten.

Would take that next season too providing we sort out defending set pieces which would gain a bunch of extra points.

Not gonna change though is he:nono:

Neither the fans being open..:nono:

18 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Hope the old boy on row W who took sick is ok ! 

He looked in a lot of pain bless him 

cracking day out , and cracking effort in the away end 

Ollie Bains, think that was your name; Colleen Rooney will fall in love with you, your a ringer for Wayne at 18 🤣; you and your buddies are a credit to the club ,kept the singing going all game well done lad 💪💪

Of course he was, because the idiots behind him launched themselves down the rows because CELEBRATION BANTZ. Absolutely embarrassing from that lot as we made it 1-1 in a game that meant nothing.

When the guilty looking lad managed to get himself back up all he could say was "I didn't know there was an old chap." Because launching yourself onto someone not old is clearly acceptable. We really do have a bunch of wet wipe cowards following our club.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Of course he was, because the idiots behind him launched themselves down the rows because CELEBRATION BANTZ. Absolutely embarrassing from that lot as we made it 1-1 in a game that meant nothing.

When the guilty looking lad managed to get himself back up all he could say was "I didn't know there was an old chap." Because launching yourself onto someone not old is clearly acceptable. We really do have a bunch of wet wipe cowards following our club.

I hate these types of pr*cks with passion. They've all watched "SCENES" or "LIMBS" videos on instagram and then do this forced fake supporting where they exaggerate their celebrations. The same types that are all mouth in the concourse while their mates are filming and then don't say a word in the ground. Probably too busy seeing how many likes their concourse video is getting.

16 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

At man u away, when we equalised, an absolute (I will say 'idiot', but you know what I mean!) Launched himself down about 6 rows, just missing my 11 year old son. When he got up I said that was close and he was apologetic and said it won't happen again. When we scored the ruled out equalise the absolute 'idiot' did exactly the same thing, but managed to hit my son a lot more. He was just about OK, but really shaken up.

I still regret not stamping on the guys face, if I'm honest.....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

And it's arseholes like that who could cause rethinks on bringing standing or even singing areas back. Club owners aren't necessarily supporters and to many, they can just do without even the hint of any problems in the future. Whilst safe standing on the one hand can serve to eliminate the threat of certain accidents occurring, to 'some', standing and singing is merely reminiscent of an era in football crowd behaviour that the authorities tried to stamp out. There's a happy medium to be had with a coming together on both sides. Such behaviour will just result in an even more sterile atmosphere at football matches. It's all pretty childish to be honest, no-one really thinks the perpetrators are remotely big, hard or funny, just a bunch of twats.

Thought we looked off the pace for the first 10 mins but once we got our equaliser we were well in control.

Granted Watford rolled over, but some of our passing through their press was brilliant. We really do look good on the ball when we up our tempo.

Have to say, the atmosphere in the away end was brilliant. Sang for most the game, didn’t see a huge amount of toxicity after conceding early on, chanted Rodgers name. Felt like the good old days. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

And it's arseholes like that who could cause rethinks on bringing standing or even singing areas back. Club owners aren't necessarily supporters and to many, they can just do without even the hint of any problems in the future. Whilst safe standing on the one hand can serve to eliminate the threat of certain accidents occurring, to 'some', standing and singing is merely reminiscent of an era in football crowd behaviour that the authorities tried to stamp out. There's a happy medium to be had with a coming together on both sides. Such behaviour will just result in an even more sterile atmosphere at football matches. It's all pretty childish to be honest, no-one really thinks the perpetrators are remotely big, hard or funny, just a bunch of twats.

As you say, the problem is that when you are standing in a normal seated area it is the easiest thing in the world to launch yourself forward ‘in the heat of the moment’ not just by accident.  Rail seats in well designed safe standing areas make that much more difficult - short of climbing onto the rail and launching from there I don’t see how it can be done.  My seat is in this area and personally I hope it becomes safe standing sooner rather than later and that this is what the reconfiguration is about.  I am 57 by the way so hardly a young ‘un and definite not capable of climbing onto the rail!

• Like 1