Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Scarves for Southampton - WYS

30 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Because when it comes to YNWA ..... the Liverpool fans don't spend all their time arguing over whether the Gerry and the Pacemakers version is the best or whether they should defer back to the original as it appeared in the 1945 Broadway musical, Carousel ..... or whether they should sing the version that Claramae Turner sang in the 1956 film musical of the same name. 

Or whether it's sung too fast or too slow...

Or whether it really represents the club ....

Or whether it feels a bit cringe ....

...... or they don't like it as much as Delilah, I'm for Ever Blowing Bubbles or One Man Went to Mow 

.... or they feel they're copying what others do ...... or they'll support the club how they like and they don't want to be told to hold their scarves in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY JUST ****ING SING IT!!!! LOUD AND PROUD 

..I  was referring to singing the song in a fuller version before the game starts, instead of shoehorning a clip just before the ref blows the whistle.

39 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I  was referring to singing the song in a fuller version before the game starts, instead of shoehorning a clip just before the ref blows the whistle.

Apologies .... I tagged in your post, but I wasn't really referring to it directly. 

It was more a retort to all the negative nellies in this thread and the other similar ones on this subject. We moan about the atmosphere all the time, but then can't agree to just sing something, "anything", without a lengthy debate about its relevance, musical integrity and street credibility 

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Am i the only one who cringes at the fact we now have WYS come on before kickoff? Or am i just a grinch lol 

I used to cringe but now I stick my earpods in till it’s over. Won’t be popular on here but I fvckin hate that song, especially JB version 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I used to cringe but now I stick my earpods in till it’s over. Won’t be popular on here but I fvckin hate that song, especially JB version 

Embrace it, mate, else you'll get Sweet bleedin' Caroline. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

They can play what they like as long as my phone and earpods have charge 

I get that a lot of people are enthusiastic about this and if most people embrace it then great but I can’t pretend to like the song 

Sounds like the sort of thing that would have been played at the It Ain’t Half Hot Mum gang show 

23 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

That's for the foxy ladies or as they must be now the foxy grannies.

I dunno, most of our male  fans probably have titties, the size of them!!

2 hours ago, Raj said:

So what we doing?

Getting scarves out, clappers out, shoes off or choppers/tits out?

Let me know in advance!

Get your arse out mate, I’m sure the whole stand will follow 

• Haha 2