Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Houssem Aouar

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We don’t need him unless Youri or Maddison leave really

And at the moment neither of them look anywhere near close to going anywhere

No but if we're interested and Brendan reckons he can get him back to his earlier hype then we need to act on it. Money to be made/saved/wasted/burnt take yer pick!

He’s gone from being linked to all the big clubs and being in the Champions League Team of the Season (albeit on the bench), to being linked to the City Ground with 18 months. 

This does feel a lot like when we picked up Tielemans. He could be our long term Youri replacement but it would be a gamble for us to take him now without shifting Perez or Praet. Unless Youri goes of course. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

He’s gone from being linked to all the big clubs and being in the Champions League Team of the Season (albeit on the bench), to being linked to the City Ground with 18 months. 

This does feel a lot like when we picked up Tielemans. He could be our long term Youri replacement but it would be a gamble for us to take him now without shifting Perez or Praet. Unless Youri goes of course. 

He got Covid and went crap for a bit didn't he? Reckon there is something in this long Covid.

I would definitely take him here; but central midfield (if youri stays) is one place we're not short.

18 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

My view is that we should pick up both Aouar and Sabitzer and then ditch all the others midfielders other than KDH; just have some sort of jumble sale.

Blind Raffle!

Sabitzer is on a bit of wedge aint he?

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

He got Covid and went crap for a bit didn't he? Reckon there is something in this long Covid.

I would definitely take him here; but central midfield (if youri stays) is one place we're not short.

If this is going “crap” I’ll take it.A9B39B62-F5FE-4B90-AED0-BA3D69D329DE.thumb.jpeg.21fc2d63e2d986f4bad3486a8651c839.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For a player perceived to be an attacking midfielder, his defensive stats are pretty strong. He's box office

Can he play in a double pivot like Youri does when we play 4 2 3 1 with Madders in the cam role?

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

Can he play in a double pivot like Youri does when we play 4 2 3 1 with Madders in the cam role?

He can play there, or in a 3 in a 4-3-3 or as a double 8 in a 4-1-4-1 or the ACM in a 4-2-3-1. He's Tielemans but quicker and a bit more attacking.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

We need to get relegated and start over. I can’t be arsed. 

Slight over reaction and something that you truely can’t believe, just because we’re not signing one player? Yes it’s been a tough preseason, transfer window etc… but to wish the club to get relegated is too far. It would put us in such financial difficulty it would take years to recover. Also, do you really want to relegated the season that forest are in the prem? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wow, lack of shiny new toys and people lose their sh*t…football is not a shopping challenge. :rolleyes:

Rebuilding the squad when contracts are running down and players leaving is important. I guess the wages issue is still one reason but I wonder if there’s another.