Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Houssem Aouar

12 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

If youre competing with Forest for a player then its safe to say he probably isnt at the required level..

Said everyone when we signed Kante, Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, Fuchs, Schmeichel, Morgan, Huth, Albrighton, Simpson and Okazaki. 

A players transfer value, or who they are being linked with, doesn’t determine their ability. 

13 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I have news for you they are premier league  - I hate reading this as though we are something special and forest beneath us - let’s not become like lots of fans from some clubs as though we are billy big balls - I hate Forest more than any other club but certainly don’t think we are on a different planet - time will tell but I think they will surprise a few !!

Spot on

14 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I have news for you they are premier league  - I hate reading this as though we are something special and forest beneath us - let’s not become like lots of fans from some clubs as though we are billy big balls - I hate Forest more than any other club but certainly don’t think we are on a different planet - time will tell but I think they will surprise a few !!

Could go either way with them.  Brought in, is it 12 players up to now?  Thats alot of players that need to gel as a team.  Also they will have to rebuild the team spirit and the "we are all in it together" mentality from last season, and with so many new players who never experienced that with them last season, that may take time.   It`s basically a whole new dressing room.   Some of their players from last season may feel like they are being frozen out without given a proper chance to prove themselves, after all the effort they put in last season, and may be dressing room sulkers, which is never good for a dressing room.

Quite alot of their new players have never played in the premier league, and may struggle to adapt, and they have Jesse (show me the money honey!) Lingard, who is just as likely to be a waste of space for the season, as he is to perform at the levels he did for West Ham.

Alot of the pundits are predicting them to do well, and they may do, but it is certainly no certainty.

They could very easily end up the way of Fulham, when they came up and spent over 100 million on alot of new players and were relegated.

I hope so anyway, i`m already fed up of the pundits and media drooling over them!

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Said everyone when we signed Kante, Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, Fuchs, Schmeichel, Morgan, Huth, Albrighton, Simpson and Okazaki. 

A players transfer value, or who they are being linked with, doesn’t determine their ability. 

Just to clarify, none of those were linked with Forest, were they? 🤔 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

If youre competing with Forest for a player then its safe to say he probably isnt at the required level..

He was in the Champions league team of the season in 19/20, i think it was bench rather than starting XI though. Still i remember watching him be the best player on the pitch against juventus when they were still winning titles and Man city, he's clearly got talent but it's worrying how far he seems to have fallen in that time.

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

He was in the Champions league team of the season in 19/20, i think it was bench rather than starting XI though. Still i remember watching him be the best player on the pitch against juventus when they were still winning titles and Man city, he's clearly got talent but it's worrying how far he seems to have fallen in that time.

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

You can say that again 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Old Fox said:

To be fair its no different than comparing a target for 2014 Everton to 2014 us. Everton then would be a bit miffed as being linked with players a newly promoted Leicester are linked to and would rightly be making the same sort of comments as SouthShireFox.