Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Houssem Aouar

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not true at all. He started well at Sheff Utd but got a bad injury and they fell apart. He's had a very good season but will leave them this summer. His release clause won't be matched though at £35m but someone will pay £20m for him and likely get him.

Been fit since first week of December scored four goals and three assists. A goal every 400 minutes. 

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Been fit since first week of December scored four goals and three assists. A goal every 400 minutes. 

For a central midfielder that's not poor. He's a box to box midfielder, if we were to bring him in he'd offer us the ability to play as a DCM if needs be, in a double pivot, in a midfield 3 or even in a diamond as the RCM.

I like him, he's quick as well and at 6ft 4 he'd be a huge help at defending and attacking set pieces.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Great point but we could always change our system based on the opposition we play. In that system we were so much more proactive and put so many teams to the sword who simply cannot cope. IMO only Man City, Liverpool and then maybe Chelsea and West Ham we’d have to change our style. 

These days we play a style that’s too controlled and side to side. In that purple patch in 2019 we dominated so many teams and it was beautiful. 

Controlled play sees us 18 points worse off than last season. Take the handbrake off and attack! 1-0 down to PSV we went for it and won. Against Roma we were measured and did **** all. 

More proactive yes, but we also had the players that allowed us to play that way. As I said, it had the ability to get more out of Tielemans, but you knew we could also rely on him from a defensive standpoint, same applied to Praet whenever he stepped in. You play that way with KDH & Aouar or Maddison & Aouar, then I’m not so sure.

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

KDH has been deployed much further forward as a player to lead the press, I've no doubt he is a capable ball winner as he did so very well at Luton last season. He's dropped back a bit in recent weeks and although I've not checked the stats, he's been involved in the midfield battle more and comes out well in such situations.

Neuhaus is a good shout, as is Koopmeiners but he's not long gone to Atalanta.

We could easily deploy KDH as the more further forward player next season, Rodgers said the next step he wants to see from him is more goals & assists. KDH’s energy is what we as fans love, he might not tally up in terms of defensive work of a Tielemans, but you know he’ll scrap and give 100%.

I look at Neuhaus and I fully believe he is the closest thing we’ll get to Youri, will get you goals and assists from midfield, defensively on par with Youri and he dictates like Youri. 

• Like 1

I'm not convinced by this one. Shiny signing and a wonderful player, but I'm just not convinced he's our replacement.

What's his work rate like? As Maddison said not that long ago, you have to run in a Rodgers side. A lot, if the system is to work.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For a central midfielder that's not poor. He's a box to box midfielder, if we were to bring him in he'd offer us the ability to play as a DCM if needs be, in a double pivot, in a midfield 3 or even in a diamond as the RCM.

I like him, he's quick as well and at 6ft 4 he'd be a huge help at defending and attacking set pieces.

That’s a central midfielder playing in the Championship and I’d expect better for aspiring PL player. 

Just always felt he’s very much a player what looks the part but little end product 

56 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That’s a central midfielder playing in the Championship and I’d expect better for aspiring PL player. 

Just always felt he’s very much a player what looks the part but little end product 

Danny Drinkwater was voted the 2nd best player in the Championship in 2013/14 and went on to win the league with us and that season in the championship he got 7 goals and 4 assists playing nearly every game. Similar run rate to Sander Berge for a box to box midfielder.

• Like 2

According to the guy who seen it reported on tv, he makes it sound like it’s pretty much done and just waiting on Youri to go. Earlier in the thread as well he states that “This comes from a top journalist in a show I watch everyday. 100% accurate.”. Hopefully he’s telling the truth. 

Their Fans seem happy for him to leave Lyon. Many comments like this:

Juninho Pernambucano - Wed 18 May 22 at 2:26 p.m.

It would be a miracle if an English club wanted to relieve us of our dancer (he's going to be cut up there). 
OL have been opening the doors to him for years but nobody wants it. 
This time he really should leave, he has had his day at OL and will not progress here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

PS he’s only got a year left of his contract so this could be a bargain

Would would “bargain”constitute?  TM has him valued at 30M Euro, though I assume it’d be less given the contract situation.  18-20M Euro, maybe?

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Would would “bargain”constitute?  TM has him valued at 30M Euro, though I assume it’d be less given the contract situation.  18-20M Euro, maybe?

Player swap deal for Vestegaard and Bertrand! BARGAIN!

10 hours ago, kingfox said:

KDH averages less tackles & interceptions than Tielemans & Aouar. Tielemans defensive work often gets undervalued.

You mentioning 4-1-4-1 with two 8’s pushing up, it works better when you have a midfielder of Youri’s skill set, because not only can you get a lot out of him from an attacking standpoint, you’d still get the reliability factor from him defensively, you wouldn’t get that from a KDH, Aouar or Maddison, the midfield would be left too open and would have the potential to get overrun. We’ve seen lesser teams in the league, especially in the first half of the season, had so much space in our midfield, our defence was just left exposed and we were conceding shots left, right & centre. 

You need a creative midfielder who gives you some security defensively.

With Sander Berge it would all depend what type of midfield role you’d want from him, he’s changed his role slightly at Sheff Utd to more of an attacking central midfielder, but as seen from earlier in his career, he can also play as a 6. 

Fofana at Lens is defensively non existent. 

The perfect replacement for Youri would be Florian Neuhaus of Gladbach, a slightly mixed season from him, but if we could get the 20/21 version of Florian Neuhaus, he’d be an excellent signing. 

I agree with everything here. Neuhaus would be ideal, not sure we could get him. I also like Dahoud from Dortmund. 

6 hours ago, MPH said:

Their Fans seem happy for him to leave Lyon. Many comments like this:

Juninho Pernambucano - Wed 18 May 22 at 2:26 p.m.

It would be a miracle if an English club wanted to relieve us of our dancer (he's going to be cut up there). 
OL have been opening the doors to him for years but nobody wants it. 
This time he really should leave, he has had his day at OL and will not progress here.

Rarely a good sign. Anyone on here know much about him (outside of vid games)? Has he been poor lately or is he just flawed in certain areas of his game??

8 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

It must be indicative of something that I understood it.

I often re read sentences in books numerous times. My concentration is awful. I lose track of what’s happening between the start and finish. Quite frustrating. Apologies if it’s easy to understand. 

Edited by RumbleFox

40 minutes ago, sdb said:

Rarely a good sign. Anyone on here know much about him (outside of vid games)? Has he been poor lately or is he just flawed in certain areas of his game??

You have to think about people's view of Tielemans on here and what has been posted this season. Most on here are desperate for him to leave after having a very poor season. Is he a bad player for that? No. Will he likely come good again with a fresh start elsewhere? Probably.

Aouar is in the same position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

You have to think about people's view of Tielemans on here and what has been posted this season. Most on here are desperate for him to leave after having a very poor season. Is he a bad player for that? No. Will he likely come good again with a fresh start elsewhere? Probably.

Aouar is in the same position.

Which just means be ready to move him on in a couple of years after he’s had enough and thinks he’s too good for the place.

16 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Absolutely no chance. 

Would be one of my favourite transfers of all time, I'm a big fan. But absolutely no hope. 

It’s the hope that kills us… I do remember you saying the same about Daka too though… maybe… just maybe… aw shucks I’m hoping again!

Just now, Nick said:

It’s the hope that kills us… I do remember you saying the same about Daka too though… maybe… just maybe… aw shucks I’m hoping again!

I absolutely said 100% the same about Daka lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Which just means be ready to move him on in a couple of years after he’s had enough and thinks he’s too good for the place.

Sounds alright to me. Bung him on a 5-year deal, have him tear up the PL for two seasons, sell him when his value's at its highest and have his replacement lined up :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just now, ALC Fox said:

Sounds alright to me. Bung him on a 5-year deal, have him tear up the PL for two seasons, sell him when his value's at its highest and have his replacement lined up :thumbup:

That’s probably the most sustainable success model a club in our position could have.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

The never ending myth , I give you Ghezzal and Diabate. We have certainly not increased the value of Soumaré or Daka so far and unless they  get game time it won't happen. Our recent teams have included mostly long time players. The so called " Leicester Model " is a thing of the past. That was confirmed to me when we paid a record fee for a teenage defender.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

The never ending myth , I give you Ghezzal and Diabate. We have certainly not increased the value of Soumaré or Daka so far and unless they  get game time it won't happen. Our recent teams have included mostly long time players. The so called " Leicester Model " is a thing of the past. That was confirmed to me when we paid a record fee for a teenage defender.

If we buy CDK for the reported 30m then I would have to agree, but buying Fofana for his fee does not imply a new norm. We do not shop in the same market (Kante, Mahrez, etc) anymore I do agree, thoug I am also not sure that market is there either.

• Like 2