Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marshall Cockney Fox

Calvin Bassey

6 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Being talked about as the next vvd. I don’t see it. Looks average and uses pace when strength to cover lack of quality 

He wasn’t average last night against a good quality German team in the final of the Europa league. He has improved a lot since he left us. You can’t always get things correct. Imagine how Sheffield must feel letting Jamie go!  

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Didn’t really get the rave about him. Used his strength well but culpable for the goal where he allowed a striker to get in front of him. Made a couple of last ditch tackles because he made errors in the first place. 

Apparently according to someone on here, he threw a tantrum when LCFC said centre back is your position at under 23s level

True the man got across him but I think Goldson was more at fault. 

He played well last night but is clearly very, very raw. One of those players that’s out of position/gets caught but does have the pace and athleticism to make up for it at times. 

Likeable player though. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Wanted to go and play first team football when he wasn't ready to do it here.

It's a football club not a prison. Good luck to him.

Yep. All that needs to be said before there’s any silly comments about us letting him go etc etc. fair play to him

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

True the man got across him but I think Goldson was more at fault. 

He played well last night but is clearly very, very raw. One of those players that’s out of position/gets caught but does have the pace and athleticism to make up for it at times. 

Likeable player though. 

I think going to Rangers and playing at a league of lower intensity helps develop a player.

Without a couple of loans, he'd never got the chance to do that here. 

PS. Bassey should have been communicating to Goldson about his positioning. Didn't surprise that a set of pundits devoid of a defender levelled it at Goldson 

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Wanted to go and play first team football when he wasn't ready to do it here.

It's a football club not a prison. Good luck to him.

This is all we really need to say about his move from us to Rangers really. There's nothing we can comment on other than wish him the best in his career and hope that his time with us sets him up well.

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

And Rogers eye for a promising youth player.

I’m not convinced, Rodgers has promoted two youth players in his time here and both were due to injuries. KDH even came back the best and most prepared in pre season and it took until December to get a look in.

• Like 1

Every decision is made with information, and data available at the time.

It is very easy to question any decision years latter with the availability of new information, data and hindsight.

Chelsea sold two of the best players in the league in KDB and Salah, both like to very poor decisions with ew information, data and hindsight.

However at the time the decisions were made they weren't the best two players in the league.

Edited by coolhandfox

54 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I’m not convinced, Rodgers has promoted two youth players in his time here and both were due to injuries. KDH even came back the best and most prepared in pre season and it took until December to get a look in.

Bit of revision there on KDH. Played in a couple of cup games and was quite poor. Particularly Legia away 

This might actually be a good thing, obviously I'd rather we had Bassey here as he'd strengthen our defensive options but having to deal with the annoyance of losing a player who within 2 years has developed in to a very good player means we will be acutely aware of it happening again and the development plan of such players will need to be a priority. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This might actually be a good thing, obviously I'd rather we had Bassey here as he'd strengthen our defensive options but having to deal with the annoyance of losing a player who within 2 years has developed in to a very good player means we will be acutely aware of it happening again and the development plan of such players will need to be a priority. 

Yeah it goes one way or the other doesn't it, hopefully we don't see too many lads look at what Bassey has done and start to question whether they should move on.

• Like 2