Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marshall Cockney Fox

Calvin Bassey

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It happens all the time at clubs. And why would they be more attractive? Villa only because they pay stupid wages.

I think that they are more attractive because he's been here already and it didn't work out for him so he most likely wants a new challenge. I also think that we are under uncertain circumstances at the moment with this rebuild coming up whereas a team like villa or West Ham look like the teams who could be upsetting the top six next season and could certainly offer more money than we would.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Mash21 said:

I think that they are more attractive because he's been here already and it didn't work out for him so he most likely wants a new challenge. I also think that we are under uncertain circumstances at the moment with this rebuild coming up whereas a team like villa or West Ham look like the teams who could be upsetting the top six next season and could certainly offer more money than we would.

What bit of villa last season looked like they could challenge the top 6? They're miles behind. Even the players they want to keep are average - mings, cash, digne, mcginn, ings, bailey. 

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What bit of villa last season looked like they could challenge the top 6? They're miles behind. Even the players they want to keep are average - mings, cash, digne, mcginn, ings, bailey. 

I think the only player from that list who is average is mings, all the rest are great players. Look at the players they are looking to get in also with them also signing that kamara. I think the second season under Stevie g will be a positive one for villa unfortunately for us.

2 minutes ago, January48 said:

AS I said he looked awful when I saw him in the SPL

I have to disagree, rangers fans rave about him. He's the exact sort of defender many clubs in Europe would want with left footed centre back being a bit of a rarity especially one of quality. As well as this, he was MOTM in the europa league final so he can't be that bad:dunno:

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Mash21 said:

I think the only player from that list who is average is mings, all the rest are great players. Look at the players they are looking to get in also with them also signing that kamara. I think the second season under Stevie g will be a positive one for villa unfortunately for us.

Do you watch football?

Signing huge players like Kamara who no other big side went for and Tarkowski who's just been relegated. ENORMOUS SIGNINGS.

1 minute ago, Mash21 said:

I have to disagree, rangers fans rave about him. He's the exact sort of defender many clubs in Europe would want with left footed centre back being a bit of a rarity especially one of quality. As well as this, he was MOTM in the europa league final so he can't be that bad:dunno:

I'm just going by what I saw and I thought he was very average

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I do think Villa have a lot of expensive fat to trim in that squad (Bailey has been a bit of a disaster, as has Sanson) but Cash and McGinn are consistently quite good.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Do you watch football?

Signing huge players like Kamara who no other big side went for and Tarkowski who's just been relegated. ENORMOUS SIGNINGS.

They are two solid signings who I would have taken both at Leicester 100%. And I'm sure I watch a lot more football than you mate. The only thing they are doing is improving their quality in squad depth which is a positive thing. I'm not saying they are 'enormous signings' I'm just saying that they are two premier league quality players which is improving a rival unfortunately.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Mash21 said:

They are two solid signings who I would have taken both at Leicester 100%. And I'm sure I watch a lot more football than you mate. The only thing they are doing is improving their quality in squad depth which is a positive thing. I'm not saying they are 'enormous signings' I'm just saying that they are two premier league quality players which is improving a rival unfortunately.

I'm sure you don't. Kamara and Tarkowski on 120k a week. No thanks.

Any chance we got a sell on clause? We offered him a new deal which he turned down, if it went to tribunal we'd have got more than £200k for him I'd have thought so perhaps we compromised with a nominal fee and a sell on clause.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I do think Villa have a lot of expensive fat to trim in that squad (Bailey has been a bit of a disaster, as has Sanson) but Cash and McGinn are consistently quite good.

Cash can't defend. Good going forward mind.

Even villa fans don't rate mcginn anymore.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Ric Flair said:

Any chance we got a sell on clause? We offered him a new deal which he turned down, if it went to tribunal we'd have got more than £200k for him I'd have thought so perhaps we compromised with a nominal fee and a sell on clause.

👀

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I agree that Bailey has been a disappointment for villa last season but I expect him to improve next season so if I was a villa fan I certainly wouldn't be giving up on him if you had seen what he had been doing for Leverkusen in the Bundesliga.

Money isn't a problem for villa so good for them, you can't deny that you would have both players at Leicester?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Mash21 said:

Money isn't a problem for villa so good for them, you can't deny that you would have both players at Leicester?

I wouldn't have Tarkowski no (and nor would the manager) and I don't think Kamara is better than Ndidi so unless he came as backup?

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

I wouldn't have Tarkowski no (and nor would the manager) and I don't think Kamara is better than Ndidi so unless he came as backup?

You wouldn't have tarkowski after seeing us defend corners like we have last season? And yeah looking like soumare is leaving and possibly hamza then yeah he would be perfect backup. Two smart singings in my eyes.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Mash21 said:

You wouldn't have tarkowski after seeing us defend corners like we have last season? And yeah looking like soumare is leaving and possibly hamza then yeah he would be perfect backup. Two smart singings in my eyes.

I wouldn't have Tarkowski after seeing he made the most mistakes leading to chances out of any centre back in the Premier league. Don't need anymore of them. And kamara won't come as backup.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

11 minutes ago, Mash21 said:

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

tumblr_mg3efdiyOP1qc9pwoo1_500.gif

• Haha 2

I wouldn't have Tarkowski after seeing he made the most mistakes leading to chances out of any centre back in the Premier league. Don't need anymore of them. And kamara won't come as backup.

I think that we would benefit massively from tarkowski in the air as well as his aerial threat when attacking corners which we've also lacked this season. And with kamara, I don't think that he would have been promised to start every week at villa so why wouldn't he here?

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tribunal doesn’t apply cos it’s not an English club I thought? 

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tribunal doesn’t apply cos it’s not an English club I thought? 

Yeah as he has gone to Scotland the fee is set through Fifa's training compensation regime rather than a tribunal, basically a set rate that is dependant on fewer factors and doesn't really take transfer interest or anything like that into account

Which is why we only got around £200k for him rather a seven figure fee which we would have got if he went to another English club and had to go through tribunal

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/scottish-premiership/premiership-transfer-news/why-rangers-only-have-pay-ps300k-joe-aribo-cross-border-transfer-rule-which-benefits-scottish-clubs-1414555

I think it will also mean there is unlikely to be any sell on clause (or if there is, it will be minimal)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1