Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marshall Cockney Fox

Calvin Bassey

On 11/06/2022 at 02:59, TrentFox said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if I look at what Bassey offers a squad, compared to what Thomas offers a squad ….. then I’m clear which one I’d rather we had available to us. 😞

So is conjecture... lol

Personally, I think both parties did what was BEST for each of us, since he was looking for first-team football and we did not think him ready for it with us (and I have no idea if loan deals were discussed), but he most likely would have been better for us than Vestergaard and Bertrand in the two positions they play - LB and LCB - and probably cheaper as well. All in all, he's a credit to our academy and best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if we have got a sell on clause with Calvin Bassey? Football can be a cruel game sometimes. Would love to see some of our squad’s dead wood mi Ed on and off our wage bill. But no takers for Bertrand, Vestergaard, etc. Maybe a nice sell % for Calvin Bassey to help kick start our summer refresh? I hear Brighton are sniffing and may offer up to £20M for Bassey!

3 minutes ago, Notting your mums forest said:

Anyone know if we have got a sell on clause with Calvin Bassey? Football can be a cruel game sometimes. Would love to see some of our squad’s dead wood mi Ed on and off our wage bill. But no takers for Bertrand, Vestergaard, etc. Maybe a nice sell % for Calvin Bassey to help kick start our summer refresh? I hear Brighton are sniffing and may offer up to £20M for Bassey!

Nope, ran down his contract and left on a free.

7 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Didn't we offer him a contract? In which case there's slightly to be a small sell on clause as part of the compensation.

Us offering him a contract doesn't make a difference unfortunately, only if he had gone to an English team

As he went to Rangers there could be no tribunal or anything like that to get more money, we just got a fee based on a set rate

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Didn't we offer him a contract? In which case there's slightly to be a small sell on clause as part of the compensation.

Would have been paid at time of him signing a contract with new club, but I believe that only if he signed for a club form the same association.