Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Post match thread Leicester 4-1 Southampton

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Vardy’s goal was a thing of beauty

He’s simply irreplaceable I’m afraid. Of the two, I think Daka is going to prove more of a suitable alternative going forward, than Iheanacho. But Daka is a long long way off Vardy’s quality at present.

Agreed. Not Iheanacho for me TBH. He's good at scoring when the ball is played directly into him but he doesn't challenge from the front like Vardy does.. He's slow, rarely makes a good turn against a defender and never runs back once he's lost the ball. For me, he can go. He doesn't do enough for the team.

A game that shows how important Vardy is for us. He drives us forward and sparks enthusiasm, both from the players and the crowd! He closes down from the front which brings everyone up the pitch. When he plays we press higher and have more confidence on the ball. In turn that reduces freekicks near our goal and prevents CBS from pinging deadly balls forward. 

Absolute legend! A true Fantastic Mr Fox. 

OK so my take on today. First half was a bit slow and like they were already on the Beach somewhere. Second half BR must have given them a talking to and we stepped up a gear. 

My biggest disappointment this season is Harvey Barnes. He's gone from a player who teams feared, making the right runs, passing when it mattered etc to a ball greedy t3at with probably the least footballing brain in the country. Completely woeful. 

Glad to see Vardy back and giving it back to the Southampton fans with his celebration! I'm happy for Ayoze to score a brace, a player who's had it tough but doesn't seem to sulk. 

Fearing we've seen the last of Youri, second half today he played how we know he can play. 

Best player by a country mile today and most of the season, Maddison, I just love watching him play in this form. The ball he played from the centre down the line for JJ with the outside of his foot in the first half was just exquisite. 

Have a feeling Cags, Youri and Mendy will be on their way. I think singing Lookman will be astute as he's great and coming off the bench and having an impact. 

In the end not a terrible season. Finishing 8th is very respectable, taking into account the set backs (injuries esp Fofana) and sheer bad luck we've had, I'd say 8th is actually quite good. We have to keep perspective with these things and it's easy to get carried away. 

A couple of new signings, less games and the ability to concentrate on the PL means I'm excited for next season. I think BR is the man to lead us there and he deserves his chance to freshen up the team. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Why were Southampton so upset about the first goal? They were arguing for ages about it? Something to do with play restarting after Moss stopped it for Vardy when they were in posession I guess?

It looked to me like Kasper decided to kick it back to them but the rest of the team didn't realise and tried and did score from it.

7 minutes ago, Mark said:

It looked to me like Kasper decided to kick it back to them but the rest of the team didn't realise and tried and did score from it.

Don't know why Moss gave the ball to us but as he did it's play on and the Southampton players were clearly playing on aswell. 

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

I haven't seen it again but it is a little bit naughty if we didn't give posession back really.

5 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Can't believe there were so many people cheering oil city winning the title. They embody everything that's wrong with football. Liverpool have done amazingly well on a fraction of the budget.

Yeah, what the hell was that about?!

6 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Can't believe there were so many people cheering oil city winning the title. They embody everything that's wrong with football. Liverpool have done amazingly well on a fraction of the budget.

No one wants to see any team besides their own do a quadruple 

• Like 1

Just now, Saxondale said:

Yeah, what the hell was that about?!

Given what’s happened in the last few years in games between Leicester and Liverpool, majority don’t want to see them win anything. This season alone Liverpool got away with two very naughty challenges and had a player complete goad Leicester fans 

• Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Given what’s happened in the last few years in games between Leicester and Liverpool, majority don’t want to see them win anything. This season alone Liverpool got away with two very naughty challenges and had a player complete goad Leicester fans 

Yeah fine, but Man City are also dreadful w ankers. What’s the difference?