Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Post match thread Leicester 4-1 Southampton

6 minutes ago, TK95 said:

No one wants to see any team besides their own do a quadruple 

Why? If a team wins it all through sheer hard work and shrewd business like Liverpool have then good luck to them. A club like Man City winning everything or if Newcastle start winning things is everything that's wrong with football.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Vardy’s goal was a thing of beauty

He’s simply irreplaceable I’m afraid. Of the two, I think Daka is going to prove more of a suitable alternative going forward, than Iheanacho. But Daka is a long long way off Vardy’s quality at present.

Don’t forget the Vardy was along way off Vardy’s quality when he was a fair bit older…

2 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Daka might be adequate one day but he will never ever lacing Jamie's  goat boots

I dont think anyone will. I very much doubt we will ever have a striker as good as Vardy again  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Daka might be adequate one day but he will never ever lacing Jamie's  goat boots

It’s heavily odds on you’re right of course, but, let’s see…

Edited by Wolfox

2 hours ago, MPH said:

A lot of people will mention we could have finished higher if we hadn’t of played so poorly in so many games.. but there’s a huge Jump to 5th place so realistically speaking 6th would have been the highest we could have achieved ..

And 6th would have been excelent really.

50 minutes ago, hejammy said:

My biggest disappointment this season is Harvey Barnes. He's gone from a player who teams feared, making the right runs, passing when it mattered etc to a ball greedy t3at with probably the least footballing brain in the country. Completely woeful. 

Yet only Salah and TAA have more assists than him in the PL and has 11 goals this season in all comps.

Even made a decent assist today too. Bit harsh take I think.

Edited by shen
  • Like 2

Good result. As disappointed as I was when Europe disappeared for us, but on reflection I'm now looking forward to next season where we only have the league and the cups to focus on. If we can get back the defence and keep up the scoring going forward, we could get another trophy next year. 

We only have the cups to bring through the youngsters but let's see what happens. 

3 hours ago, MPH said:

A lot of people will mention we could have finished higher if we hadn’t of played so poorly in so many games.. but there’s a huge Jump to 5th place so realistically speaking 6th would have been the highest we could have achieved ..

We have to happy with 8th considering most of our fans would have said we've had such a poor season.

But, it makes results like spurs at home and Everton away feel a little more bitter, 5 more points would have a 3rd season in succession of European football.

In the long run, missing out on Europe might do us good, no extra games etc but seeing us conceded game after game from corners and seeing stats about how many points we've dropped from winning positions...... this season could have been so different.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Because people like me remember going to school in the 80s in Leicestershire and be in the minority supporting Leicester while all of the rest supported Liverpool because they were the best club side in the world. Not that any of the hideous little shits ever went to a game.

Cue 30 years later and the majority have wormed their way in to the Leicester fan base proclaiming themselves as true Leicester fans when we win the league. Glory supporting ****tards the lot of them. 

Liverpool will always be a team to be hated in my mind. At the moment I have 3 Liverpool fans at work. Only one of them goes occasionally. They are from London with no connection to the city of Liverpool. They laud it at every opportunity. 

Much rather City win it as at least they know what it is like to support a team outside of the top league. Forget the glory supporters, we seem to have picked up a lot along the way in the last 10 years. 

So true! Even had one Liverpool fan ask me why I didn't "support a proper team" 

30 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Funniest moment, Ward-Prowse and others wrestling the ball from Kasper after their goal, confident that a quick restart will benefit them, minute later we stick another in! :D

Also Fofana getting stuck in! Shows his passion! 

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

OK so my take on today. First half was a bit slow and like they were already on the Beach somewhere. Second half BR must have given them a talking to and we stepped up a gear. 

My biggest disappointment this season is Harvey Barnes. He's gone from a player who teams feared, making the right runs, passing when it mattered etc to a ball greedy t3at with probably the least footballing brain in the country. Completely woeful. 

Glad to see Vardy back and giving it back to the Southampton fans with his celebration! I'm happy for Ayoze to score a brace, a player who's had it tough but doesn't seem to sulk. 

Fearing we've seen the last of Youri, second half today he played how we know he can play. 

Best player by a country mile today and most of the season, Maddison, I just love watching him play in this form. The ball he played from the centre down the line for JJ with the outside of his foot in the first half was just exquisite. 

Have a feeling Cags, Youri and Mendy will be on their way. I think singing Lookman will be astute as he's great and coming off the bench and having an impact. 

In the end not a terrible season. Finishing 8th is very respectable, taking into account the set backs (injuries esp Fofana) and sheer bad luck we've had, I'd say 8th is actually quite good. We have to keep perspective with these things and it's easy to get carried away. 

A couple of new signings, less games and the ability to concentrate on the PL means I'm excited for next season. I think BR is the man to lead us there and he deserves his chance to freshen up the team. 

And yet still got 25 goal contributions this season. Frightening.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Because people like me remember going to school in the 80s in Leicestershire and be in the minority supporting Leicester while all of the rest supported Liverpool because they were the best club side in the world. Not that any of the hideous little shits ever went to a game.

Cue 30 years later and the majority have wormed their way in to the Leicester fan base proclaiming themselves as true Leicester fans when we win the league. Glory supporting ****tards the lot of them. 

Liverpool will always be a team to be hated in my mind. At the moment I have 3 Liverpool fans at work. Only one of them goes occasionally. They are from London with no connection to the city of Liverpool. They laud it at every opportunity. 

Much rather City win it as at least they know what it is like to support a team outside of the top league. Forget the glory supporters, we seem to have picked up a lot along the way in the last 10 years. 

Brilliant post, I can't express how much I hate Liverpool.  Solely because of all the Leicestershire based fans . We were really struggling in the 80s but these scum bags chose to support the glory team . Even now we have coaches going from Leicestershire to Anfield on a regular basis

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Lots of comments about no European football being a bonus next season but that will make it more difficult to keep the squad interested, especially if we don’t have a big injury list …..

I think it's going to be very difficult, I also think our academy players have nigh on zero chance of any games for us next season given there'll be 14 other 1st team players in the pecking order first. I do think we could do with losing 8-10 from the squad this summer but it'll be very difficult to do so.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And yet still got 25 goal contributions this season. Frightening.

Yes I agree he's contributed to lots of goals, but no one can deny that he could have had a lot more. He's got so much potential but he is lacking in the intelligence department. So many bad decisions through out the season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Lots of comments about no European football being a bonus next season but that will make it more difficult to keep the squad interested, especially if we don’t have a big injury list …..

On a positive note, next season is the one to miss out on Europe. The WC is going to mess it up for so many teams. Get top 6 next season and  prepare for Europe properly the following season.