Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Post match thread Leicester 4-1 Southampton

Good to end with a win and a few goals. First half was a non event but second much better. Good goals too.

8th is below par but ending the season well was important. Been a long season and a break will do everyone good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We have to happy with 8th considering most of our fans would have said we've had such a poor season.

But, it makes results like spurs at home and Everton away feel a little more bitter, 5 more points would have a 3rd season in succession of European football.

In the long run, missing out on Europe might do us good, no extra games etc but seeing us conceded game after game from corners and seeing stats about how many points we've dropped from winning positions...... this season could have been so different.

considering how badly we played at times, yeah we have to be happy with 8th. 

but you can’t help but think if we’d at least been consistent not even spectacular, where could we have finished?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Yes I agree he's contributed to lots of goals, but no one can deny that he could have had a lot more. He's got so much potential but he is lacking in the intelligence department. So many bad decisions through out the season 

I agree, feels like he's had a poor season and yet he delivers more than some players who look like they're contributing more in games. It's not a bad trait to have but let's hope he gets back to his best next season, fast and dynamic football helps him, he's wasted when we play that slow ponderous possession football as he's only interested in taking players on when the games is stretched.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

A game that shows how important Vardy is for us. He drives us forward and sparks enthusiasm, both from the players and the crowd! He closes down from the front which brings everyone up the pitch. When he plays we press higher and have more confidence on the ball. In turn that reduces freekicks near our goal and prevents CBS from pinging deadly balls forward. 

Absolute legend! A true Fantastic Mr Fox. 

...the way Vardy functions for us, is dependent on how the opposition approaches the game!!!

The amount of time we have had Vardy isolated and unable to get into the game as he does not get the service that he needs. Against certain teams we can squeeze them and pressure them in their own half. We are pretty much flat track bullies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree, feels like he's had a poor season and yet he delivers more than some players who look like they're contributing more in games. It's not a bad trait to have but let's hope he gets back to his best next season, fast and dynamic football helps him, he's wasted when we play that slow ponderous possession football as he's only interested in taking players on when the games is stretched.

Spot on. :thumbup: That ponderous tippy tappy style hardly suites any of our players.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sishades said:

9 months, 58ish games, ups and downs galore, skip load of goals,  but one question remains.

Where is Ian Stringer?

13 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Doing birch’s run today 

I’ve often felt he could be the one to take over the run after the Birch hangs up his trainers. Andy king for the pitch bit when he hangs up the microphone.

Has stringer retired from bbc radio Leicester now or is he planning on coming back?

Was  it me or was yesterday a disproportionately joyous occasion with Birch's run (what a guy!), the atmosphere in the crowd before the game, the c*ck up from Mossy giving us our 1st goal (seemed fitting some how) a very good second half performance and the togetherness at the end between players, their families, the crowd and our Wonderful Chairman. 

I enjoyed it ridiculously and can't wait for some transfers, pre season and next season.  

Edited by CrazyKopCorner
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Was  it me or was yesterday a disproportionately joyous occasion with Birch's run (what a guy!), the atmosphere in the crowd before the game, the c*ck from Mossy giving us our 1st goal (seemed fitting some how) a very good second half performance and the togetherness at the end between players, their families, the crowd and our Wonderful Chairman. 

I enjoyed it ridiculously and can't wait for some transfers, pre season and next season.  

I already miss it 😂 at least we have the CL final to look forward to. 

3 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I’ve often felt he could be the one to take over the run after the Birch hangs up his trainers. Andy king for the pitch bit when he hangs up the microphone.

Has stringer retired from bbc radio Leicester now or is he planning on coming back?

No idea why he’s not on there anymore. There have been rumours on here.
I’d presume he’s not going back though.

5 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Just watched the BBC’s after match interview with the Southampton manger and he wanted a penalty for the clash of heads with Evans and Armstrong also how come we both made 4 subs Southampton 3 + concussion sub we just made 4  😂 

They declared Armstrong as being a concussion sub when he was taken off

hence they are then allowed to make 4 subs total. Had they just subbed him as an injury then both sides would have been restricted to three. It’s their call. 

to avoid any shenanigans, the rules state the opposition are allowed to make the same number of subs = 4 in this case 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They declared Armstrong as being a concussion sub when he was taken off

hence they are then allowed to make 4 subs total. Had they just subbed him as an injury then both sides would have been restricted to three. It’s their call. 

to avoid any shenanigans, the rules state the opposition are allowed to make the same number of subs = 4 in this case 

OK thanks for that I didn’t know the last bit I knew the concussion sub rule and that he’d gone of with concussion 

6 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Just watched the BBC’s after match interview with the Southampton manger and he wanted a penalty for the clash of heads with Evans and Armstrong also how come we both made 4 subs Southampton 3 + concussion sub we just made 4  😂 

Perhaps their manager was trying to deflect from his own failures during Saints last games

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Was  it me or was yesterday a disproportionately joyous occasion with Birch's run (what a guy!), the atmosphere in the crowd before the game, the c*ck up from Mossy giving us our 1st goal (seemed fitting some how) a very good second half performance and the togetherness at the end between players, their families, the crowd and our Wonderful Chairman. 

Yeah mentioned here yesterday, it was like the anti of watching us normally play 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah mentioned here yesterday, it was like the anti of watching us normally play 

the contra with the last day of the previous season was notable - a week after winning the fa cup and the quarter full stadium was very muted for the lap  ...... 

• Like 1