Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

8th place

Only a couple of last minute goals away from challenging for European places. That falls on Rodgers of course but not many teams will have coped with injuries and managed to finish a respectable 8th. 

That said, style and performances have not been good and needs to change next season. 

• Like 4

Would have taken it at the start of the season but coupled with a europa league win.

Know everyone says it about their own team but we must be the most frustrating team in the premier league for inconsistency.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Only a couple of last minute goals away from challenging for European places. That falls on Rodgers of course but not many teams will have coped with injuries and managed to finish a respectable 8th. 

That said, style and performances have not been good and needs to change next season. 

Was the European Johnstone Paints Trophy equivalent, mind you. 

4 minutes ago, Monk said:

At times this season and even quite recently it seemed impossible that we would finish in the top half, yet with a strong finish we have managed 8th. 

I’ll take it, definitely. It’s frustrating as without the stupid collapses we could have finished higher. 

Are you happy with 8th?

It's disappointing with the squad we have. 

• Like 2

Maddison and Vardy have dragged us there really. Most of the rest have been poor. We saw how much worse we got after Vardy got injured then how much better we got again when Vardy came back again.

Am happy with 8th overall but we’d be ****ed if Vardy and Maddison were both out injured for a long time.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

Good end to the season, can't complain at 8th considering the difficulties we've had with injuries, COVID disruptions and European fixture congestion. I think 6th or 7th would have been ultimately damaging to next season. We can now focus on streamlining the squad for a purely domestic season. If Youri is going then I just hope we get that sorted quickly.

• Like 2

I would of taken 8th happily for most of this season but now looking at the table and seeing how appalling Man Utd were, it is frustrating to be so near to top 6. Given our injuries and lack of cohesion and momentum a strong finish is great though. Lots to take into pre-season and hopefully confidence and swagger will be high in the team. 

Bring it on!

• Like 3

In terms of revenue, spend, squad etc. 8th is par for us.

The big 6 have retuned To the top 6 places and for anyone outside that to make the top 6, you need one of them to have a stinker of a season.

Ultimately, just 4 points behind West Ham, coupled with a European Semi is a decent season for us. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

It's disappointing with the squad we have. 

Is it? Do we genuinely when you look at it subjectively, have a better squad than anyone who finished above us?

Especially, when you consider how many first choice players have missed large chunks of the season.

• Like 3

Rodgers/Rudkin have a HUGE summer ahead of them now.

Last summers signing have been underwhelming in the main.

As someone else just mentioned, getting the Youri situation sorted early doors is very important to how we get our business sorted.

8th with the context of injuries, iffy VAR decisions against us is better than I predicted not long ago.

“Time to train set-pieces” will mean we’ll have a mean defence next season (say it enough times, got to come true right?)

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Glad we finished 8th mainly because that's what I predicted at the start of the season so it confirms that i'm awesome.

I was overly optimistic and predicted 5th. Oh well. I got Man City, Liverpool, West Ham and Norwich right :P :D