Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

8th place

9 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

The problem is that our A-team is good enough for top 4 - but our B-team is worse than we expected, and we've had to rely on too many of our B-team in the league this season...

Someone posted our team that beat Liverpool, which must be one of our best results this season.  It was a real "B" team, even included Choudhury who has been completely frozen out otherwise.  I think our "B" team is more capable than you're giving credit for, and their shortcomings have been down to mismanagement on the field rather than the innate quality of the players.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

You are able to look at it from a business perspective -- how such decisions are made. 

The club have invested a ton in Rodgers, and this was his only mediocre year’s work out of three.  The players have not downed tools.  Fofana and JJ re-signed. 

That said, I don’t believe areas of regression will be ignored.  The board are not fools.  They have recently taken back power from Rodgers in both recruitment and medicine.  Surely the obvious failures in defensive coaching will be similarly reviewed this summer, and some change made.  But it’s not realistic -- or wise IMO -- to think he’d be axed with three years and ₤30M left on his contract.

Yes, good post.  I just hope our owners are on the ball as much as you believe as I am very wary of Rodgers having too much influence in this summer's transfer dealings.. :fc:

If Fofana, Vardy and Ndidi had not been out for large chunks of the season I think it would have been Europe again. That's basically the spine of the team. Guess more strength in depth needed but 8th place about right.

Edited by Peterorange
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Peterorange said:

If Fofana, Vardy and Ndidi had not been out for large chunks of the season I think it would have been Europe again. That's basically the spine of the team. Guess more strength in depth needed but 8th place about right.

And Evans.

• Like 2

8th is very good considering our performances this season. There's a lot of "what ifs" on this thread but in reality we've been one of if not the most clinical side in the league which has helped cover up our dour football, we could have easily finished lower. Hopefully we play better and get to 60 points next season though.

• Like 2

It was a very scary eye opener at points to what life will be like in the post-Vardy era. I hope it is a wake up call to the recruitment team that improvement is needed in that area

Kasper has also been a fine servant but we also need to look at moving him on in the near future for a more modern style goalkeeper. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deep blue said:

Someone posted our team that beat Liverpool, which must be one of our best results this season.  It was a real "B" team, even included Choudhury who has been completely frozen out otherwise.  I think our "B" team is more capable than you're giving credit for, and their shortcomings have been down to mismanagement on the field rather than the innate quality of the players.

One swallow does not make a summer. Our primarily B-team defence without Ndidi in front has been our biggest weakness all season, including set pieces. Consistency is what matters and we've not really had any, even for BR to work with. 

Unlikely that we would've achieved 8th place had we been gearing up for a UECL final for the past couple of weeks. As much as we wanted a Euro trophy on our honours board, losing to Roma has most likely made the club financially wealthier. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Interesting stats here (barring xG). 

Competent but busy defence. Quiet attack. 

Languidly clinical is perhaps the shortest but best phrase to describe how it's been. 

Generally approach the game defensively, but we've scored 100+ goals in all comps... 

Team America GIF - Team America Vomit - Discover & Share GIFs

2 hours ago, Dave Fishwick said:

It was a very scary eye opener at points to what life will be like in the post-Vardy era. I hope it is a wake up call to the recruitment team that improvement is needed in that area

Kasper has also been a fine servant but we also need to look at moving him on in the near future for a more modern style goalkeeper. 

When your non Leicester mates make the realisation that Vardy is playing - we score goals and win matches, surely the whole management/recruitment team are on it.

Daka has the raw abilities so hope he spends time with Vardy.

I like Kelechi but can’t see him staying as he really can’t play the lone striker role that Brendan clearly prefers.

• Like 2

....FYI..!!!

The Summer 2022 Transfer Window for Premier League clubs will open on 10 June 2022 and will close at 23:00 BST on 1 September 2022. This is line with other European leagues. Transfer of players from another national association may take place once the FIFA Transfer Matching System (TMS) is active.

On 23/05/2022 at 15:16, SafewayFox said:

When your non Leicester mates make the realisation that Vardy is playing - we score goals and win matches, surely the whole management/recruitment team are on it.

Daka has the raw abilities so hope he spends time with Vardy.

I like Kelechi but can’t see him staying as he really can’t play the lone striker role that Brendan clearly prefers.

Daka will come good, I think. His goals per minute aren't bad, as is.

I agree about Nacho. I think he will move on, both because he doesn't really fit in the system and because he is worth a hunk of change. It would be a win- win for player and club.

12 hours ago, MalletFox said:

En toute sincérité, en avez-vous déjà fini ? 🤣

yes, and as in a friendly match Rennes will host Aston Villa this summer, we can start the ranking of the cleanest English teams!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Roazhon said:
good, too bad, we won't meet in the European Cup, for revenge, and cleaning the changing rooms!😉

Well it should have been the Champions League but you bottle that didn't you? And then very nearly bottled the Europa League qualification too 

il y a 58 minutes, Cardiff_Fox a dit :

Eh bien, cela aurait dû être la Ligue des champions, mais vous avez embouteillé, n'est-ce pas ? Et puis a failli mettre en bouteille la qualification de la Ligue Europa aussi 

on va changer de gardien, et ça ira mieux. Mais on a du caractère, Ligue Europa à la 92e minute ! Avec un bon arbitre...

6 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

on va changer de gardien, et ça ira mieux. Mais on a du caractère, Ligue Europa à la 92e minute ! Avec un bon arbitre...

It's okay my friend. We known exactly what it's like when a local rival ensures your season is disappointing. 

21 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

Nurse. Quick. West Ham have just died.

Feel this summer is very interesting for them. Lots of media hype and delusions being thrown around. They went from sure bet top four finish and Europa League winners to playing conference league. They weren’t willing to spend in January and their owners have had the fans enraged before. They’ve actually benefited from covid and not having toxic fans in the ground. Let’s see if, and excuse the pun, the bubbles start to slowly burst. Lots of older players in that squad too and injuries aren’t kind to them…

• Like 1