Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

Covid Roll Call

Covid Roll Call  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had Covid-19?

• Tested Positive
    • Not had it yet
    • Never tested positive, but think I’ve had it

31 minutes ago, Libertine said:

People who aren't eligible for covid jabs on NHS now can get them in Boots if anyone is interested. Bit pricey (just under £100) but may well make it a lot milder and speed up recovery.

That’s ridiculous, should be free for anyone who wants one. I’m sure if you mix with vulnerable people you could call your surgery and ask? 
I’ve had 11 Covid so far, a pneumonia jab that lasts 5 years (I think) and due my second Shingles jab in two weeks. 
edit: plus my annual flu jab

Edited by jgtuk
  • Haha 3

On 31/01/2023 at 15:30, StanSP said:

Yeah I'm fully vaccinated but symptoms seem quite bad. Splitting constant headache and shivering constantly. Lethargic and achy body. 

I found the same thing, I had two vaccinations and three boosters, whereas my brother didn't have any vaccinations and his symptoms were far milder than mine. The joys of immune system variance!

On 02/08/2024 at 15:04, chuddy8 said:

I found the same thing, I had two vaccinations and three boosters, whereas my brother didn't have any vaccinations and his symptoms were far milder than mine. The joys of immune system variance!

Or of course, could be evidence that the jabs don't make a blind bit of difference. 

Just saying like...😉

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Or of course, could be evidence that the jabs don't make a blind bit of difference. 

Just saying like...😉

I knew someone who smoked 20 a day till he passed in his mid nineties.  His brother went in his early sixties from lung cancer ….. 

just saying like …….: 😉

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I knew someone who smoked 20 a day till he passed in his mid nineties.  His brother went in his early sixties from lung cancer ….. 

just saying like …….: 😉

In a way, it's a pity a trial wasn't done to measure COVID jabs versus placebo. 

Whichever side of the fence you sit, it would be interesting to see the results. 

16 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

In a way, it's a pity a trial wasn't done to measure COVID jabs versus placebo. 

Whichever side of the fence you sit, it would be interesting to see the results. 

Wasn’t the time for detailed scientific analysis like that. and once it’s a case of how ill you feel as opposed to risk to life is there much point ?

I doubt we’ve learned the best way of dealing with a pandemic should one appear again in our lifetimes. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wasn’t the time for detailed scientific analysis like that. and once it’s a case of how ill you feel as opposed to risk to life is there much point ?

I doubt we’ve learned the best way of dealing with a pandemic should one appear again in our lifetimes. 

Sure sure sure I get that. I was just pontificating that it'd be interesting to see the results of jab (the only jab I've ever heard of that DOESN'T prevent the infection it protects against) versus placebo. 

You may know I suffer from sleep apnoea.

The treatment I recirve for that is similar to the first stage hospital treatment for covid (continuous positive air provision).

It certainly helped during coughing fits!

On 09/08/2024 at 21:45, Paninistickers said:

Just saying like...😉

I don't think I would get any more, it may just be confirmation bias, but everybody I know who has been vaccinated had worse symptoms than the (admittedly few) people I know who didn't get the vaccine. The sad thing is, it's made me sceptical about any quickly developed new vaccines that ay be needed for future pandemics.

1 hour ago, chuddy8 said:

I don't think I would get any more, it may just be confirmation bias, but everybody I know who has been vaccinated had worse symptoms than the (admittedly few) people I know who didn't get the vaccine. The sad thing is, it's made me sceptical about any quickly developed new vaccines that ay be needed for future pandemics.

Mate, in the interests of fairness, I had the jabs (in order to travel) but absolutely refused the kids to have them. 

My COVID back in whenever, 2021 I think, was a heavy very snotty cold that left me with tinnitus. But basically a cold, wasn't much illness as such 

My kids were both knocked sideways with flu type symptoms and pretty unwell, but recovered within 72 hours. 

Basically, I suspect the natural strength of someone's body (at any given time)  and exposure to viral load has far more to do with it than the vaccine

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Worth the wait? Do you feel it might be the end of civilisation? 

Symptoms have been mild so far fortunately; lethargy, sore throat and sinusitis but just left with the sore throat now -

tested positive again today :(