Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marbles

US Gun Violence

For me it would be quite straightforward. Send in the military, the Spanish Guardia Civil would do, nobody in their right mind fvcks with them. Surrender your gun or we'll shoot you, may as well use up the astronomical amount of ammo in the US and we all know the good old Americans love a shooting death.

Lots of idiots removed, almost like Darwinism, goodness knows the world could use a couple of hundred thousand fewer armed idiots who still can't understand it's the guns. Start the US over again with a European contingent, problem solved. Everyone left can learn metric and how to enjoy tapas, no processed food allowed.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, abc said:

It's not worth the breath trying to debate it with them, They know that for cars, you have to pass a test, to get a licence, then are policed in the use of that car, and then at risk of having the license removed if you do not behave properly,  or your health deteriorates. As well as having to register your car, and annually ensure it is safe and have insurance. Applying this to gun ownership would go along way to solve the problem. NRA and gun manufacturer's money in the government will ensure it does not change. I can not imagine what it is like to parent your way through a situation like this. They have my sympathy but at 51 I am becoming world weary of their weekly shootings.

But it don't say shit in the constitution about the right drive cars.

7 hours ago, abc said:

It's not worth the breath trying to debate it with them, They know that for cars, you have to pass a test, to get a licence, then are policed in the use of that car, and then at risk of having the license removed if you do not behave properly,  or your health deteriorates. As well as having to register your car, and annually ensure it is safe and have insurance. Applying this to gun ownership would go along way to solve the problem. NRA and gun manufacturer's money in the government will ensure it does not change. I can not imagine what it is like to parent your way through a situation like this. They have my sympathy but at 51 I am becoming world weary of their weekly shootings.

Not to defend the car v gun nonsense - but - up until a couple years ago, you were required to go through classes and get a license to carry a concealed handgun

24 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

For me it would be quite straightforward. Send in the military, the Spanish Guardia Civil would do, nobody in their right mind fvcks with them. Surrender your gun or we'll shoot you, may as well use up the astronomical amount of ammo in the US and we all know the good old Americans love a shooting death.

Lots of idiots removed, almost like Darwinism, goodness knows the world could use a couple of hundred thousand fewer armed idiots who still can't understand it's the guns. Start the US over again with a European contingent, problem solved. Everyone left can learn metric and how to enjoy tapas, no processed food allowed.

I usually respect your opinion - but this is just ridiculous, and lends absolute credence to the argument the gun nuts have for stockpiling military grade weapons

In other words - everything the Spanish Guard have, average citizens have.  Not too mention the fact that they would be outgunned. 

81.4 million Americans own guns - how many are in the Spanish Guard?

There are 393 million registered guns in the US - in other words, 120 guns for every 100 Americans.  That does not account for illegal/unregistered guns - like the 50calibers used to shoot through body armor as easily as a knife through butter, and have the ability to shoot down helicopters.

Anyone who thinks its as easy as "Take Them" or "Fight them" has no clue whatsoever, and it really is tiring to hear such a horrible solution.    

2 minutes ago, marbles said:

I usually respect your opinion - but this is just ridiculous, and lends absolute credence to the argument the gun nuts have for stockpiling military grade weapons

In other words - everything the Spanish Guard have, average citizens have.  Not too mention the fact that they would be outgunned. 

81.4 million Americans own guns - how many are in the Spanish Guard?

There are 393 million registered guns in the US - in other words, 120 guns for every 100 Americans.  That does not account for illegal/unregistered guns - like the 50calibers used to shoot through body armor as easily as a knife through butter, and have the ability to shoot down helicopters.

Anyone who thinks its as easy as "Take Them" or "Fight them" has no clue whatsoever, and it really is tiring to hear such a horrible solution.    

You clearly missed the fact it was completely tongue in cheek lol Did the mention of tapas, the metric system and processed food not give it away?

The Spanish guard are still very much open to corruption and bribery, so they could be bought before they even got within a mobile phone signal of the US lol

Calm down and go polish your gun or something :kissing:

• Haha 2

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

You clearly missed the fact it was completely tongue in cheek lol Did the mention of tapas, the metric system and processed food not give it away?

The Spanish guard are still very much open to corruption and bribery, so they could be bought before they even got within a mobile phone signal of the US lol

Calm down and go polish your gun or something :kissing:

dammit

Hard to read humor sometimes.

Already polished my gun for the day :)  Never know when I might need it (joking) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Captain... said:

Great use of the word aptronym. Sadly very predictable response from the gun nuts.

There just seems to be a massive cultural difference in what guns represent. UK - guns equal danger and death. US - guns equal safety and protection.

Maybe we don't hear all the stories of US folk protecting themselves successfully with guns, whereas we have the case of Tony Martin over here. Link below for those not familiar with his case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)

Interested in @marbles view on the Tony Martin incident and how he thinks it would have been viewed stateside.

There are quite a few instances of people defending themselves successfully.  Even cases of people stopping mass shootings.

Had a mall shooter a few weeks ago in El Paso Texas that was shot by someone before he could fire into a crowd.

Simple why you dont hear about things like that - just like I hear people on here post that your mainstream media is controlled by the right, ours is controlled by the left.

It does not fit the agenda to tell stories of armed people actually defending themselves or others - now, just to be clear, I understand the thinking.  Positive news could/would enforce the belief that the gun nuts are correct.

However, on the other side of things - if just one mass shooter realized he/she stood a chance of dying before shooting anyone, and therefore didnt - would it be worth it to publicize?  Dont know.  Kinda slippery slope I think.

Dont get me wrong though - in public, the killing of innocent people far outweighs the number of times a person saved themselves or others.

Didnt know about Tony Martin - thats a horrible story though.

There are a couple states that would have prosecuted him, but I have to believe the public outcry would have seen him exonerated, or serve no time.

Maybe some of you are not aware - but here, each state has its own laws governing what you can and cant do with guns.  If you travel with a gun, you are responsible for knowing and obeying those laws.

Here in Texas, you have the absolute right to defend not only your home, but the land you live on.  If you feel that you or a family member are being threatened with bodily harm, or you are protecting your property, deadly force is justified.

In some states, you can only use deadly force inside your home.  Some only allow you to use the same force being used on you -  so if a burglar is unarmed, you cannot shoot or stab him (guess you're supposed to ask first)

This may be fascinating, but 38 states have "Stand Your Ground Laws" - Florida I believe having the loosest interpretation of it.

Its basically a Shoot First law.  You are not required to retreat if being threatened or attacked in public, and can justifiably shoot first if you feel that you are in danger - no weapon has to be present from the attacker.

There was a famous incident a few years ago, where a man (Michael Drejka) came out of the store and saw his girlfriend and kids being harassed in the parking lot by an unknown man (he was questioning them for parking in a handicap spot).  When the Drejka confronted the man about what was going on, he was shoved to the ground.  Drejka immediately shot the man in the chest.       

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, marbles said:

dammit

Hard to read humor sometimes.

Already polished my gun for the day :)  Never know when I might need it (joking) 

I do have a serious question for you. I read the other day that US citizens mainly have guns to make themselves feel safe, is that only when they're in the US? So if you came say here to Spain, or anywhere in Europe really, you'd feel safe without one? If all your neighbours surrendered their weapons at the same time would you feel safe without yours? I don't mean you specifically btw, just citizens like you. How many people would need to give up their arms for ordinary US citizens to feel like they could sleep at night without being armed?

I've said before as I'm sure you will remember, it blows me away a little to think that so many people live in so much fear that the only thing they have to make themselves feel slightly better is a deadly weapon. Come live in Europe, you can eat tapas, no highly processed foods and the only guns you need to watch out for are the very rarely used guns of the GC, they're pretty much just for show really :) 

29 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I do have a serious question for you. I read the other day that US citizens mainly have guns to make themselves feel safe, is that only when they're in the US? So if you came say here to Spain, or anywhere in Europe really, you'd feel safe without one? If all your neighbours surrendered their weapons at the same time would you feel safe without yours? I don't mean you specifically btw, just citizens like you. How many people would need to give up their arms for ordinary US citizens to feel like they could sleep at night without being armed?

I've said before as I'm sure you will remember, it blows me away a little to think that so many people live in so much fear that the only thing they have to make themselves feel slightly better is a deadly weapon. Come live in Europe, you can eat tapas, no highly processed foods and the only guns you need to watch out for are the very rarely used guns of the GC, they're pretty much just for show really :) 

Police in the UK get a lot of justified bad publicity. I wonder though what the gun lobby in US make of that mostly our police are unarmed. I wonder also if the only visitors from US are non gun owners or surely they would feel completely scared here.

30 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Which is alright until they bring all their guns with them. The people of the US don’t want to help themselves, so let them get on with killing each other, maybe one day they’ll realise what a waste of human life their society has created. Other countries have banned guns and made them illegal to own, us for a start, and Australia after they had a mass shooting, guess what, no more mass shootings and everyone’s happy.

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Police in the UK get a lot of justified bad publicity. I wonder though what the gun lobby in US make of that mostly our police are unarmed. I wonder also if the only visitors from US are non gun owners or surely they would feel completely scared here.

There’s a reason why a lot of famous US movies stars and singers live here 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

That's a very good question

I think its a compounded fear, so not sure just one thing would alleviate it.

For me, the biggest thing I would need to feel is that we were being protected.  That our politicians/government cared more about law abiding citizens, than they do about career criminals (talking violent ones here).  

I don't worry about my neighbors.  I'm glad they are armed.  I hope that if something ever happened, I could count on them.

Times are strange.  Politicians are at each others throats, and they are encouraging us to be the same.

A friend and I from work have a theory (conspiracy?) - we believe the middleclass in  this country is disappearing. 

At the same time, jobs for lowerclass/poor are also disappearing (automation is wonderful, isnt it?). 

In order to keep the middle/lowerclass from realizing what the rich (politicians included) are doing to us, they are encouraging/instigating infighting.

Dont know if we are giving too much credit to the rich, but I do know that if we focused all our anger where it should be focused - it certainly wouldn't be at each other.

As for your question about traveling abroad - I think every last American (gun not or not) who travels, feels safe.  They know that the chance for gun violence is so minimal, that they don't even think about the gun they left at home.

I never hear anyone say "Yeah, it was great but I stayed in my hotel room because I couldnt bring my gun along".

Wish I had moved years ago, when I first moved out on my own.  Too hard to give up on everything now.

27 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Which is alright until they bring all their guns with them. The people of the US don’t want to help themselves, so let them get on with killing each other, maybe one day they’ll realise what a waste of human life their society has created. Other countries have banned guns and made them illegal to own, us for a start, and Australia after they had a mass shooting, guess what, no more mass shootings and everyone’s happy.

They wouldn't be able to bring them to Europe though, would they? Isn't the biggest problem that everyone has one, so nobody wants to be without, a bit of a catch 22 situation? We don't all live in a constant state of unarmed fear, because we all live safe in the knowledge that nobody within a very vast distance from us owns a firearm, at least not that we know about or are ever likely to encounter. 

23 minutes ago, marbles said:

That's a very good question

I think its a compounded fear, so not sure just one thing would alleviate it.

For me, the biggest thing I would need to feel is that we were being protected.  That our politicians/government cared more about law abiding citizens, than they do about career criminals (talking violent ones here).  

I don't worry about my neighbors.  I'm glad they are armed.  I hope that if something ever happened, I could count on them.

Times are strange.  Politicians are at each others throats, and they are encouraging us to be the same.

A friend and I from work have a theory (conspiracy?) - we believe the middleclass in  this country is disappearing. 

At the same time, jobs for lowerclass/poor are also disappearing (automation is wonderful, isnt it?). 

In order to keep the middle/lowerclass from realizing what the rich (politicians included) are doing to us, they are encouraging/instigating infighting.

Dont know if we are giving too much credit to the rich, but I do know that if we focused all our anger where it should be focused - it certainly wouldn't be at each other.

As for your question about traveling abroad - I think every last American (gun not or not) who travels, feels safe.  They know that the chance for gun violence is so minimal, that they don't even think about the gun they left at home.

I never hear anyone say "Yeah, it was great but I stayed in my hotel room because I couldnt bring my gun along".

Wish I had moved years ago, when I first moved out on my own.  Too hard to give up on everything now.

It's interesting to hear what you think about your government not making you feel protected from criminals, do you think they are too liberal? From my very limited knowledge I would say your criminal justice system is very harsh compared to ours in Europe, you certainly have much harsher sentences over there, and your prison system seems to be more about punishment than rehabilitation. Or is that not really what you mean?

I wonder if there was a poll, how many US citizens would rather be unarmed if they could feel safe and if it brought an end to all the deaths. Such a sad way to live imo, especially for the children, but to each their own I suppose. You probably think we're all mad over this side of the pond too, just in different ways :) 

Edited by FoxesDeb

38 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

They wouldn't be able to bring them to Europe though, would they? Isn't the biggest problem that everyone has one, so nobody wants to be without, a bit of a catch 22 situation? We don't all live in a constant state of unarmed fear, because we all live safe in the knowledge that nobody within a very vast distance from us owns a firearm, at least not that we know about or are ever likely to encounter. 

It's interesting to hear what you think about your government not making you feel protected from criminals, do you think they are too liberal? From my very limited knowledge I would say your criminal justice system is very harsh compared to ours in Europe, you certainly have much harsher sentences over there, and your prison system seems to be more about punishment than rehabilitation. Or is that not really what you mean?

I wonder if there was a poll, how many US citizens would rather be unarmed if they could feel safe and if it brought an end to all the deaths. Such a sad way to live imo, especially for the children, but to each their own I suppose. You probably think we're all mad over this side of the pond too, just in different ways :) 

Our prisons are about punishment, not rehabilitation.  They are also about completely ruining a persons life for the rest of their life (something that really drives me nuts, and we can discuss further)

In the past few years, things have begun to change.

It seems like certain states are no longer interested in prosecuting criminals, which has led to police no longer responding to certain calls.

There are plenty of youtube videos of people brazenly walking in stores, filling up shopping carts and walking out.  Police no longer show up in these cities.

California famously had train robberies last year.  The cops would arrest them, but they would be immediately released without having to post bail, and would be back the same day doing it again.

It got so bad, Amazon and the railroad commission threatened to stop running in parts of California

Some states have what's called the SAFE-T act.  For certain offenses, their is no bail.  You are free to go after being processed - this is not just things like shoplifting, or drugs charges.  It also includes things like 2nd degree murder.  Oh yeah, it also further restricts what the police are allowed to do, and what equipment they are allowed to purchase.

In Chicago, if you are released under the SAFE-T act, and have committed something like murder - you are given an ankle monitor.  However, the monitor only goes off after you've been away for 48 hours.   

Funny story from New York recently of a bank robber who got arrested, released under SAFE-T and then went down the street and robbed two more banks.

This is not everywhere. Yet.

Im willing to bet that normal citizens would gladly give up the guns.

The ones who wouldnt - criminals, and gun nuts.

Edited by marbles

America appears to a country of fantastic wealth but alongside awful poverty. I often hear that any collective responsibility and care for society is described as some as socialist/red plot. Most poor people don't resort to crime but enough do to create fear. I worry about increasing crime in the UK but could it be the US has ignored too many in their society for too long

2 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

America appears to a country of fantastic wealth but alongside awful poverty. I often hear that any collective responsibility and care for society is described as some as socialist/red plot. Most poor people don't resort to crime but enough do to create fear. I worry about increasing crime in the UK but could it be the US has ignored too many in their society for too long

That's about it, really. It's a microcosm of where nearly limitless individualism ends up - with massive inequality between the haves and the havenots, no willingness to change it, and all the associated problems that go with it that the "haves" then don't want to bother doing anything about.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

When i say bring, what i mean is the idealogy of owning a gun for protection and having the mindest to be able to actually shoot someone, i know i couldn't point a gun at a person and shoot them and i bet many people on this side of the pond probably couldn't and that's because of we're not raised that way and don't really live in fear, so maybe not now, but in years to come. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

When i say bring, what i mean is the idealogy of owning a gun for protection and having the mindest to be able to actually shoot someone, i know i couldn't point a gun at a person and shoot them and i bet many people on this side of the pond probably couldn't and that's because of we're not raised that way and don't really live in fear, so maybe not now, but in years to come. 

That is a possible reality that I hope your country never has to deal with.

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Completely, I shit myself whenever I see armed police. I have actually fired a gun as part of a Cadet training thing, it was only loaded with blanks, although I might have actually fired a live round once. It was a long time ago, but I do remember the safety training you had to go though and respect you had to show for handling a weapon. If you couldn't complete the training you were not allowed to fire a gun.

5 hours ago, marbles said:

That is a possible reality that I hope your country never has to deal with.

It has already been dealt with, 1997 a law was passed banning the use of handheld firearms after the dunblane massacre, and get this, it was actually an amendment (cos we have those aswell and understand what ammendments are) of the firearms act 1968. Australia went through the same processes after the port arthur massacres in 1996, so it can be done, it's just the US choses not to and the consequences are being highlighted on an almost daily basis, and i'm sorry to say, it's no longer shocking and probably not even headline news worthy now because none of the politicians are prepared to do anything about it for fear of losing a few votes.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

It has already been dealt with, 1997 a law was passed banning the use of handheld firearms after the dunblane massacre, and get this, it was actually an amendment (cos we have those aswell and understand what ammendments are) of the firearms act 1968. Australia went through the same processes after the port arthur massacres in 1996, so it can be done, it's just the US choses not to and the consequences are being highlighted on an almost daily basis, and i'm sorry to say, it's no longer shocking and probably not even headline news worthy now because none of the politicians are prepared to do anything about it for fear of losing a few votes.

I don't think it's a case of losing a few votes, I think it is political suicide and will quite likely be accompanied with death threats.

What we need is really old left leaning president that is not that worried about his career or even his life, cos he's so old, who can try and force this through...

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Completely, I shit myself whenever I see armed police. I have actually fired a gun as part of a Cadet training thing, it was only loaded with blanks, although I might have actually fired a live round once. It was a long time ago, but I do remember the safety training you had to go though and respect you had to show for handling a weapon. If you couldn't complete the training you were not allowed to fire a gun.

Used to walk into the firing range and shoot all sorts of mega guns when I worked in DC, wouldn't even get ID'd, genuinely harder to get a beer. Was good fun but I was awful at it. God. America. Freedom

In case you’ve lost track:

Thurston High School
Columbine High School
Heritage High School
Deming Middle School
Fort Gibson Middle School
Buell Elementary School
Lake Worth Middle School
University of Arkansas
Junipero Serra High School
Santana High School
Bishop Neumann High School
Pacific Lutheran University
Granite Hills High School
Lew Wallace High School
Martin Luther King, Jr High School
Appalachian School of Law
Washington High School
Conception Abbey
Benjamin Tasker Middle School
University of Arizona
Lincoln High School
John McDonogh High School
Red Lion Area Junior High School
Case Western Reserve University
Rocori High School
Ballou High School
Randallstown High School
Bowen High School
Red Lake Senior High School
Harlan Community Academy High School
Campbell County High School
Milwee Middle School
Roseburg High School
Pine Middle School
Essex Elementary School
Duquesne University
Platte Canyon High School
Weston High School
West Nickel Mines School
Joplin Memorial Middle School
Henry Foss High School
Compton Centennial High School
Virginia Tech
Success Tech Academy
Miami Carol City Senior High School
Hamilton High School
Louisiana Technical College
Mitchell High School
EO Green Junior High School
Northern Illinois University
Lakota Middle School
Knoxville Central High School
Willoughby South High School
Henry Ford High School
University of Central Arkansas
Dillard High School
Dunbar High School
Hampton University
Harvard College
Larose-Cut Off Middle School
International Studies Academy
Skyline College
Discovery Middle School
University of Alabama
DeKalb School
Deer Creek Middle School
Ohio State University
Mumford High School
University of Texas
Kelly Elementary School
Marinette High School
Aurora Central High School
Millard South High School
Martinsville West Middle School
Worthing High School
Highlands Intermediate School
Cape Fear High School
Chardon High School
Episcopal School of Jacksonville
Oikos University
Hamilton High School
Perry Hall School
Normal Community High School
University of South Alabama
Banner Academy South
University of Southern California
Sandy Hook Elementary School
Apostolic Revival Center Christian School
Taft Union High School
Osborn High School
Stevens Institute of Business and Arts
Hazard Community and Technical College
Chicago State University
Lone Star College-North
Cesar Chavez High School
Price Middle School
University of Central Florida
New River Community College
Grambling State University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Ossie Ware Mitchell Middle School
Ronald E McNair Discovery Academy
North Panola High School
Carver High School
Agape Christian Academy
Sparks Middle School
North Carolina A&T State University
Stephenson High School
Brashear High School
West Orange High School
Arapahoe High School
Edison High School
Liberty Technology Magnet High School
Hillhouse High School
Berrendo Middle School
Purdue University
South Carolina State University
Los Angeles Valley College
Charles F Brush High School
Georgia Regents University
Academy of Knowledge Preschool
Benjamin Banneker High School
D H Conley High School
East English Village Preparatory Academy
Paine College
Georgia Gwinnett College
John F Kennedy High School
Seattle Pacific University
Reynolds High School
Indiana State University
Albemarle High School
Fern Creek Traditional High School
Langston Hughes High School
Marysville Pilchuck High School
Florida State University
Miami Carol City High School
Rogers State University
Rosemary Anderson High School
Wisconsin Lutheran High School
Frederick High School
Tenaya Middle School
Bethune-Cookman University
Pershing Elementary School
Wayne Community College
JB Martin Middle School
Southwestern Classical Academy
Savannah State University
Harrisburg High School
Umpqua Community College
Northern Arizona University
Texas Southern University
Tennessee State University
Winston-Salem State University
Mojave High School
Lawrence Central High School
Franklin High School
Muskegon Heights High School
Independence High School
Madison High School
Antigo High School
University of California-Los Angeles
Jeremiah Burke High School
Alpine High School
Townville Elementary School
Vigor High School
Linden McKinley STEM Academy
June Jordan High School for Equity
Union Middle School
Mueller Park Junior High School
West Liberty-Salem High School
University of Washington
King City High School
North Park Elementary School
North Lake College
Freeman High School
Mattoon High School
Rancho Tehama Elementary School
Aztec High School
Wake Forest University
Italy High School
NET Charter High School
Marshall County High School
Sal Castro Middle School
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
Great Mills High School
Central Michigan University
Huffman High School
Frederick Douglass High School
Forest High School
Highland High School
Dixon High School
Santa Fe High School
Noblesville West Middle School
University of North Carolina Charlotte
STEM School Highlands Ranch
Edgewood High School
Palm Beach Central High School
Providence Career & Technical Academy
Fairley High School (school bus)
Canyon Springs High School
Dennis Intermediate School
Florida International University
Central Elementary School
Cascade Middle School
Davidson High School
Prairie View A & M University
Altascocita High School
Central Academy of Excellence
Cleveland High School
Robert E Lee High School
Cheyenne South High School
Blountsville Elementary School
Holmes County, Mississippi (school bus)
Prescott High School
College of the Mainland
Wynbrooke Elementary School
UNC Charlotte
Riverview Florida (school bus)
Second Chance High School
Carman-Ainsworth High School
Williwaw Elementary School
Monroe Clark Middle School
Central Catholic High School
Jeanette High School
Eastern Hills High School
DeAnza High School
Ridgway High School
Reginald F Lewis High School
Saugus High School
Pleasantville High School
Waukesha South High School
Oshkosh High School
Catholic Academy of New Haven
Bellaire High School
North Crowley High School
McAuliffe Elementary School
South Oak Cliff High School
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Sonora High School
Western Illinois University
Oxford High School
Robb Elementary SchoolThurston High School
Columbine High School
Heritage High School
Deming Middle School
Buell Elementary School
Lake Worth Middle School
University of Arkansas
Junipero Serra High School
Santana High School
Bishop Neumann High School
Pacific Lutheran University
Granite Hills High School
Lew Wallace High School
Martin Luther King, Jr High School
Appalachian School of Law
Washington High School
Conception Abbey
Benjamin Tasker Middle School
University of Arizona
Lincoln High School
John McDonogh High School
Red Lion Area Junior High School
Case Western Reserve University
Rocori High School
Ballou High School
Randallstown High School
Bowen High School
Red Lake Senior High School
Harlan Community Academy High School
Campbell County High School
Milwee Middle School
Roseburg High School
Pine Middle School
Essex Elementary School
Duquesne University
Platte Canyon High School
Weston High School
West Nickel Mines School
Joplin Memorial Middle School
Henry Foss High School
Compton Centennial High School
Virginia Tech
Success Tech Academy
Miami Carol City Senior High School
Hamilton High School
Louisiana Technical College
Mitchell High School
EO Green Junior High School
Northern Illinois University
Lakota Middle School
Knoxville Central High School
Willoughby South High School
Henry Ford High School
University of Central Arkansas
Dillard High School
Dunbar High School
Hampton University
Harvard College
Larose-Cut Off Middle School
International Studies Academy
Skyline College
Discovery Middle School
University of Alabama
DeKalb School
Deer Creek Middle School
Ohio State University
Mumford High School
University of Texas
Kelly Elementary School
Marinette High School
Aurora Central High School
Martinsville West Middle School
Worthing High School
Highlands Intermediate School
Cape Fear High School
Chardon High School
Episcopal School of Jacksonville
Oikos University
Hamilton High School
Perry Hall School
Normal Community High School
University of South Alabama
Banner Academy South
Sandy Hook Elementary School
Apostolic Revival Center Christian School
Taft Union High School
Osborn High School
Stevens Institute of Business and Arts
Hazard Community and Technical College
Chicago State University
Lone Star College-North
Cesar Chavez High School
Price Middle School
University of Central Florida
New River Community College
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Ossie Ware Mitchell Middle School
Ronald E McNair Discovery Academy
North Panola High School
Carver High School
Agape Christian Academy
Sparks Middle School
North Carolina A&T State University
Stephenson High School
Brashear High School
West Orange High School
Arapahoe High School
Edison High School
Liberty Technology Magnet High School
Hillhouse High School
Berrendo Middle School
Purdue University
South Carolina State University
Los Angeles Valley College
Charles F Brush High School
Georgia Regents University
Academy of Knowledge Preschool
Benjamin Banneker High School
D H Conley High School
East English Village Preparatory Academy
Paine College
Georgia Gwinnett College
John F Kennedy High School
Seattle Pacific University
Reynolds High School
Indiana State University
Albemarle High School
Fern Creek Traditional High School
Langston Hughes High School
Marysville Pilchuck High School
Florida State University
Miami Carol City High School
Rogers State University
Rosemary Anderson High School
Wisconsin Lutheran High School
Frederick High School
Tenaya Middle School
Bethune-Cookman University
Pershing Elementary School
Wayne Community College
JB Martin Middle School
Southwestern Classical Academy
Savannah State University
Harrisburg High School
Umpqua Community College
Northern Arizona University
Texas Southern University
Tennessee State University
Winston-Salem State University
Mojave High School
Lawrence Central High School
Franklin High School
Muskegon Heights High School
Independence High School
Madison High School
Antigo High School
University of California-Los Angeles
Jeremiah Burke High School
Alpine High School
Townville Elementary School
Vigor High School
Linden McKinley STEM Academy
June Jordan High School for Equity
Union Middle School
Mueller Park Junior High School
West Liberty-Salem High School
University of Washington
King City High School
North Park Elementary School
North Lake College
Freeman High School
Mattoon High School
Rancho Tehama Elementary School
Aztec High School
Wake Forest University
Italy High School
NET Charter High School
Marshall County High School
Sal Castro Middle School
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
Great Mills High School
Central Michigan University
Huffman High School
Frederick Douglass High School
Forest High School
Highland High School
Dixon High School
Santa Fe High School
Noblesville West Middle School
University of North Carolina Charlotte
STEM School Highlands Ranch
Edgewood High School
Palm Beach Central High School
Providence Career & Technical Academy
Fairley High School (school bus)
Canyon Springs High School
Dennis Intermediate School
Florida International University
Central Elementary School
Cascade Middle School
Davidson High School
Prairie View A & M University
Altascocita High School
Central Academy of Excellence
Cleveland High School
Robert E Lee High School
Cheyenne South High School
Blountsville Elementary School
Holmes County, Mississippi (school bus)
Prescott High School
College of the Mainland
Wynbrooke Elementary School
UNC Charlotte
Riverview Florida (school bus)
Second Chance High School
Carman-Ainsworth High School
Williwaw Elementary School
Monroe Clark Middle School
Central Catholic High School
Jeanette High School
Eastern Hills High School
DeAnza High School
Ridgway High School
Reginald F Lewis High School
Saugus High School
Pleasantville High School
Conniston Middle School
Waukesha South High School
Oshkosh High School
Catholic Academy of New Haven
Bellaire High School
North Crowley High School
McAuliffe Elementary School
South Oak Cliff High School
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Sonora High School
Western Illinois University
Oxford High School
Bridgewater University
Robb Elementary School
Michigan State University
Covenant Christian School
Forsyth Technical Community College

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Feckin hell, hurt me thumb scrolling your post.

Gun's don't kill people, bullets do.

Gun's don't kill people, people do.

Now is not the time to talk about gun control.

Our constitution gives us the right to not think critically and change with the times

Rinse, repeat, add another school to your list  unfortunately.

56 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

In case you’ve lost track:

Thurston High School
Columbine High School
Heritage High School
Deming Middle School
Buell Elementary School

Etc

Blows my mind, lists like this.

We were talking about the Hungerford massacre yesterday and that's another example, like Dunblane, where something terrible and unprecedented happens and the immediate response is to legislate so it doesn't happen again. It's a bit mad to think that prior to 1988 in the UK you could legally own semi automatic rifles of the type favoured by school shooters throughout the US. And then you couldn't.

I think from memory something very similar happened in Australia.

America, in contrast: let's not be hasty