Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

Brentford have tried to sign Jannik Vestergaard, but have been rejected by Leicester. The transfer window goes up in the air in a little while.

why would we reject that!? 

Just now, Jabfox said:

You've got to hope because they only wanted him on loan and weren't covering a certain amount of wages. To accept that will be later in thr window when we get desperate. Hopefully they come back in as the Danish connection makes it plausible. 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2022 at 17:28, JimmyC74 said:

Vestergaard is not capable of playing the high press system Brendan favours where we try and pin the opposition in their  half and centre backs sit on the half way line. He doesn’t have the pace to recover.

He is better in a low block, counter attacking system which goes to prove how desperate we were to sign him.

This for me is the thing that's baffled me most some of our recruitment, it's not even so much they've not been good enough but more they're such obvious ill fits. Ryan Bennett was exactly the same. I don't think Vestergaard's really been much good at what I hoped he'd be good at mind you but we've become really a bit poor at buying players to fit what we supposedly want.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You've got to hope because they only wanted him on loan and weren't covering a certain amount of wages. To accept that will be later in thr window when we get desperate. Hopefully they come back in as the Danish connection makes it plausible. 

Yeah absolutely, funnily enough I can picture him in a Brentford shirt for them. Like you say the Danish connection and the way they play  

In an ideal world they want him on a permanent deal. 

Nothing in the article at all about what the offer was so you can only assume that it must have probably been them offering a loan with small wage contribution which wouldn’t be beneficial to us

Good to see there is at least some movement with him, probably be a late window move though

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

We don't know what they offered. It might have left us with some liability for wages, for example. Just taking him off our hands is the sort of offer we might have to take seriously on deadline day, not now. We should be able to get circa £5M for Vesty. Should!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

He has always reminded me of a giraffe 🦒 once he gets going he can hit speeds of 30 mph, but slow to turn around and stop more importantly 

He's a hybrid..

Girpotimus.

Edited by weller54
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, they probably wanted a loan and us to pay them a lump sum to take him.

dominos beginning to fall. Juve are signing bremer, which means torino are now replacing bremer with denayer on a free. Denayer had been lined up to sign for Trazonspor who will now have to move on to their next target …. who my friends could well be vestergarde!!! 

Edited by Lambert09

7 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

How reliable is the source?

Very, very reliable.  

Now repeat that in your own head over and over again. Within a couple of minutes you will be smiling inanely and the fact it's probably not true won't matter anymore.   

It's worked for me.