Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Apparently he made 10 PL appearances last year..  Did we ever not lose a PL game that he started?

I’d be surprised if he started more than half of those 10 games, from memory away at Palace I think he started 2-2 and also Burnley at home 2-2.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, murphy said:

Apparently he made 10 PL appearances last year..  Did we ever not lose a PL game that he started?

He started 5 games our record in those W0 D2 L3     PPG 0.4

As sub 5 games our record W3, D1, L1                      PPG 2

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, murphy said:

Started in:

0-1 Man City

1-2 Brighton

2-2 Burnley

2-2 Palace

3-6 Man City

2-3 Spurs

I think I remember him being decent in the 1-0 loss to Man City? Although of course it would have been a game that suited him as we would have been in a low block

Then he/we got screwed by the ref/var in the Brighton game

Did alright against Burnley and Palace

Man City and Spurs he was poor for the 1st goals but none of the ones after

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not in a back 4 he wouldn't. Fofana is exceptional but to bail out Vestergaards lack of pace and absolutely horrific positioning would require Fofana to be a clairvoyant.

Would still be better than.

Vesty, Soyuncu 

Vesty, Amartey 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Would still be better than.

Vesty, Soyuncu 

Vesty, Amartey 

Of course but that doesn't mean he'd be " OK " or even half decent with Fofana. Not unless we play a style or formation that suits Vestergaard to protect his weaknesses and compliment what he is strong at.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Of course but that doesn't mean he'd be " OK " or even half decent with Fofana. Not unless we play a style or formation that suits Vestergaard to protect his weaknesses and compliment what he is strong at.

Maybe, But to be honest I think he will be gone before the start of the season.

Rodgers is not going to play him, his at best 5th choice, he need to play to go to the WC, can see him going on loan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe, But to be honest I think he will be gone before the start of the season.

Rodgers is not going to play him, his at best 5th choice, he need to play to go to the WC, can see him going on loan.

Hope so, I hope we get rid of everyone.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not in a back 4 he wouldn't. Fofana is exceptional but to bail out Vestergaards lack of pace and absolutely horrific positioning would require Fofana to be a clairvoyant.

Not helped by the fact he was asked to follow Kane around and play a high line. great idea putting your slowest player in a position he's never going to recover from. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Not helped by the fact he was asked to follow Kane around and play a high line. great idea putting your slowest player in a position he's never going to recover from. 

That is the thing with him that you can't play a high line. So was a strange signing thinking he was suddenly become usain bolt over the first 10 yards

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Vestergaard was clearly asked to play a high line, don’t think he is to blame for that positioning tbf to him.

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Vestergaard was clearly asked to play a high line, don’t think he is to blame for that positioning tbf to him.

That's sort of the same thing though, positional he's poor. If that's because what he's even poorer at is recoveries so his positioning gets exposed even more when being asked to play a style of play not suited to him, or he needs to be better positional to snuff out the situations where he gets exposed time and time again. He's muck.

17 hours ago, Col city fan said:

To be fair to Vestergaard there HAS to be a better player in there somewhere than the one we’ve had glimpses of over the last season. He’s pretty much an ever present for his international team.

I just can’t accept that we would have signed such a bad player as the one we’ve seen in a City shirt so far…?

Or am I being delusional?

🤔

He has actually been pretty awful in the national side - looks like a deer in headlights sometimes so he shouldn´t be judged on his international level - it doesn´t do him any favours.....

The Danish national coach Kasper Hjulmand (Rodgers´  potential successor....) has clearly stated that no playing time at club level means no inclusion in the national team. So that might help getting him offloaded.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It isn’t that hard to predict that Vestagaard will be beaten for pace and have terrible positioning every time the ball is in behind. :ph34r:

He is our Secret weapon,...so Secret our coaches Dont know whether  to Invest a guard, or guard a vest...

Basically hes a Danish West Farmer who seems short of a bale of hay,who needs a Cuddle from our goalkeeper

Edited by fuchsntf