Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

dominos beginning to fall. Juve are signing bremer, which means torino are now replacing bremer with denayer on a free. Denayer had been lined up to sign for Trazonspor who will now have to move on to their next target …. who my friends could well be vestergarde!!! 

" Would you like to come back to mine for pizza and sex? " 

" NO "

" What's up wiyer, don't you like pizza? "

• Haha 4

Guest Col city fan

Doesn’t this just show that the Vestie and Bertrand signings really were absolutely diabolical bits of business from the club!

Who’s accountable here? Rudkin?

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Dahnsouff said:

The club

Nah, that won’t be the case I assume. There will be someone responsible for agreeing the contracts. 
If Rudkin, it’s another example of how comfortable he’s become with the Thais (Christ knows why btw) 

They were utterly dreadful acquisitions which is having a big impact on our transfer activity currently and heads should roll over it really. 

The principle for both Bertrand / Vestergaard were correct.

We don’t move for Vestergaard if Fofana doesn’t get injured. He was available at a relatively low fee, Premiership and international experience and despite turning like the Titanic when sinking, isn’t that dissimilar to Maguire when played in the right system (which isn’t a high line). 

Bertrand looked okay pre season, then got covid and injured and to be honest, looked finished when he came back. You could have played me at left back and I’d have contributed more. It’s unfortunate but it’s life. He was a cheap acquisition that again had Premier League experience. Even with his wages, he’ll only cost us £10m - £12m over the duration of his contract. It’s not like the Silva / Slimani deals where we’ve actually

paid money to acquire him. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nah, that won’t be the case I assume. There will be someone responsible for agreeing the contracts. 
If Rudkin, it’s another example of how comfortable he’s become with the Thais (Christ knows why btw) 

They were utterly dreadful acquisitions which is having a big impact on our transfer activity currently and heads should roll over it really. 

To be honest, and I realise it makes me a spoil sport, but I have no idea why  people need to point the finger at individuals, as the club I think will be operate as collective taking inputs from scouting and data departments, backed up by a visit to view.

I even saw the sense in Vestergaard, but am happy to admit I was wrong, but losing Wes and a ‘up on  blocks’ Jonny left us short in numbers and experience. 

Like I say, got that so wrong as adjudged by hindsight.

Edited by Dahnsouff

The COVID quarantines wouldn't have helped with getting a centre back once we lost fofana, we would have probably struggled to get a transfer agreed and someone into the country to sign before the deadline, given the injury occurred during our final pre season game. Maybe that's why they decided to go for a prem centre back in Vestergaard. Always smacked of crap scouting though, like someone had decided that Maguire had been good next to Evans, and came up with Vestergaard because he's tall and can pass, so he's a sort of Aldi Harry Maguire.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

To be honest, and I realise it makes me a spoil sport, but I have no idea why  people need to point the finger at individuals, as the club I think will be operate as collective taking inputs from scouting and data departments, backed up by a visit to view.

I even saw the sense in Vestergaard, but am happy to admit I was wrong, but losing Wes and a ‘up on  blocks’ Jonny left us short in numbers and experience. 

Like I say, got that so wrong as adjudged by hindsight.

Aye fair play for admitting that but don’t forget these guys are paid lots of money to perform a job. In this case, player recruitment. In any other business sector, there would have been implications for signing these duff players with zero sell on value. But the Thais seem very loyal. Even moreso I think since the tragic death. 
Moving forward, someone (or collective) must get our transfers right at the club. Or ‘more right’ because continued failure to do so will see us facing a relegation battle in a year or two. I’m not up on the gen, but I believe someone new has come in to solidify this somewhat? It needs to be 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did JWP play that game?  

The full 90, as did Hojbjerg. Not the biggest fan of Ward-Prowse but I wouldn't turn my nose up at either of them. I think if we accept that being part of a team that got relegated doesn't make a player bad, we should probably also accept that being part of a couple of huge defeats doesn't either.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Depends on the clubs structure but usually the DoF negotiates and then goes to the Finance Director or CEO for sign off. They would carry out some form of benchmarking to gauge what the going rate is for a player of X ability vs what they are asking for.