Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

3 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Why is this hot ? Is something really happening or are we still talking about how tall he looks 

We knocked back an offer (we don’t know how much) from Brentford for him

Edited by moore_94
  • Sad 1

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just curious as to what you mean by this?

From the little I know about Rudkin, he’s been around at City for a long time and has come up through the ranks, starting with the youth teams I believe? He never joined the club as a Recruitment analyst, or a Director or anything of that nature. He’s been in and around successive managers for years. 
Always makes me wonder just what credentials he has to have given him the success he’s had at City. Tbf it must be something cos he’s stayed the course during a number of transitions. I’m probably just jealous as he drives a big flash 4by4? Saw him filling up a month or so back.

17 minutes ago, Sly said:

The principle for both Bertrand / Vestergaard were correct.

We don’t move for Vestergaard if Fofana doesn’t get injured. He was available at a relatively low fee, Premiership and international experience and despite turning like the Titanic when sinking, isn’t that dissimilar to Maguire when played in the right system (which isn’t a high line). 

Bertrand looked okay pre season, then got covid and injured and to be honest, looked finished when he came back. You could have played me at left back and I’d have contributed more. It’s unfortunate but it’s life. He was a cheap acquisition that again had Premier League experience. Even with his wages, he’ll only cost us £10m - £12m over the duration of his contract. It’s not like the Silva / Slimani deals where we’ve actually

paid money to acquire him. 

Like it or not, we always would have signed him eventually. I feel like if that hadnt have happened we still would have gone for him in january (for less money) or this summer when his contract was up. 

We were long term admirers and It wasnt going away 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Sad 1

So we need space in the squad to make improvements and we’ve rejected an offer to move on a player we dont need? The offer must have been extremely poor or the club are playing a daft game of poker. 

This thread just endorses what a f-up this signing was. In any other organization the  culpable decision maker behind this signing would have toasted months ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

The principle for both Bertrand / Vestergaard were correct.

We don’t move for Vestergaard if Fofana doesn’t get injured. He was available at a relatively low fee, Premiership and international experience and despite turning like the Titanic when sinking, isn’t that dissimilar to Maguire when played in the right system (which isn’t a high line). 

Bertrand looked okay pre season, then got covid and injured and to be honest, looked finished when he came back. You could have played me at left back and I’d have contributed more. It’s unfortunate but it’s life. He was a cheap acquisition that again had Premier League experience. Even with his wages, he’ll only cost us £10m - £12m over the duration of his contract. It’s not like the Silva / Slimani deals where we’ve actually

paid money to acquire him. 

I never thought JV was good for Southampton and I was appalled that we paid the fee we did for him considering his age, talent and contract situation. 

I understood the reasoning for Bertrand somewhat.

Edited by Phenom
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Who remembers how good he was when he came on at Rennes? OMG what a player:wub:

...and wanted to clean up the changing rooms after the match too! What a guy!! He'd be an asset to any club.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Dave said:

Why on earth would we do that. Take him!

40 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Brentford came in for Blundergaard why the Fuch didn’t we bite their fuching hands off ffs???:ph34r:

I'm coming around to offer you £10 for your house or car, you taking it?

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

That's my point, people say why have we rejected an offer without knowing the context.

The club have a value if its met he goes.

It was probably a loan offer that they made and we’re trying to get him gone permanently. Loaning him will be the last resort.

• Like 1