Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

So we want to off load players, we get offers in allegedly for Vestergaard and Soumare and turn them down, if we need players off the books surely we should just take the hit financially if we can afford to and get rid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm coming around to offer you £10 for your house or car, you taking it?

No, because they’re worth more than that.

Whatever Brentford offer, is likely to be a sufficient price to want to sell. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

I just had the weirdest dream.  You'll laugh.  I dreamt that we actually got an offer for Vestergaard and we turned it down!

I know. 

Crazy right?

Anyway, no more cheese for me at bedtime.

I’m just about to eat a load of cheese with a nice bottle of saint emilion grand cru. Not sure it will have any impact on the Vesty departure, but I’m sure I’ll dream well. 

I am not going to slate the club when we don’t know the details of the rejected offer, it’s obvious we need to sell to make room for new signings and there is clearly a group of players available that we would like to offload if a sensible offer was received. 

Despite this the club aren’t going to accept offers if they aren’t close to our valuation and as others have said it doesn’t mean we are going to keep Vesty and it doesn’t mean Brentford won’t be back with an offer that is a lot closer to our valuation. The important thing is things appear to be moving with a few players now which hopefully means we will be in a position to kick start our recruitment. 

48 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

First rule of business always reject the first offer.

If they're truly interested they'll be back with an improved offer.

The second rule is do not purchase Turkeys in the first place.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

So we want to off load players, we get offers in allegedly for Vestergaard and Soumare and turn them down, if we need players off the books surely we should just take the hit financially if we can afford to and get rid.

Don't think we can afford to and the price offered, according to the press might be completely different to the reality. Fans,  in their heads, are quite happy to write 5m and 10m off quite easily as if it's monopoly money or a game, but the business reality is something quite different. Selling everyone cut price would also strategically effect future financial dealings. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

First rule of business always reject the first offer.

If they're truly interested they'll be back with an improved offer.

That's the third rule of business - the preceding ones are "never give a sucker an even break" and "never look a gift horse in the mouth". 

Football recruitment is a speculative affair at best - last season's transfers were middling to catastrophic. Money was spent unwisely, so why bother overly with trying to squeeze the last sou out of an interested party. The three who've contributed very little to the team are not just salary burdens but burdens to the squad's motivation and energy. Weigh the cost of continuing to employ them against a reduced transfer out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KingsX said:

Opinions genuinely mixed ... apparently Brentford fans don't lurk on here

https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/jannik-vestergaard-leicester-c-cb.137640/page-2

I loved the amount of them convincing themselves it's Rodgers fault he's been poor here because Rodgers can't coach defences. 

Yeah guys, "Brendan" is the reason it takes Vestergaard five minutes to run the 100m.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I loved the amount of them convincing themselves it's Rodgers fault he's been poor here because Rodgers can't coach defences. 

Yeah guys, "Brendan" is the reason it takes Vestergaard five minutes to run the 100m.

Thats the sort of delusion we need to get rid of him.

• Haha 1

We are going to have to hope any prospective buyer doesn't read this thread. In truth Jannick's huge frame would work OK in teams who don',t defend on the half way line. He has proved quite effective when we are under the cosh.