Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

He's a back 3 player for a team that likes to sit deep, be comfortable on the ball but not be pure possession based and whom mix their pressing where they push up or sit off the opposition. The more I think about it, the more I think Brentford are perfect for him.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a back 3 player for a team that likes to sit deep, be comfortable on the ball but not be pure possession based and whom mix their pressing where they push up or sit off the opposition. The more I think about it, the more I think Brentford are perfect for him.

Brentford is half Danish anyway so one more or less wouldn´t harm them (but help us.....')

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

He's gonna sign for Brentford and power in a header from a corner against us in the first game of the season isn't he?

I'd take it.

I'd take that scenario if it meant that we could just get rid of the lump.

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

He's gonna sign for Brentford and power in a header from a corner against us in the first game of the season isn't he?

100% 

But on the flip side, he will get out paced by the ball boy five times in the same game so pretty sure that goal will be evened out by something comically bad.

He’s a terrible fit for our team rather than a terrible footballer. 

As a team we literally play to his weaknesses and don’t use his strengths. That’s what makes it so utterly baffling why we signed him in the first place. 

I hope, for everyone involved, he gets a move to somewhere that suits him. Brentford would be a good match

Edited by 5waller5
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

In a 60 metre race between prime Wes Morgan, Robert Huth and Vestergaard , I know would win. No man of their size is generally quick off the mark.

Problem is that when we had Huth and Morgan in the centre of defence we sat deep and defended on the 18yard line. We play differently now and Vestergard is not suited. I am not sure that Huth and Morgan would be either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Problem is that when we had Huth and Morgan in the centre of defence we sat deep and defended on the 18yard line. We play differently now and Vestergard is not suited. I am not sure that Huth and Morgan would be either.

Another major difference is the fact that both Huth and Morgan were "hard/tough men" and their mere presence commanded respect

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

In a 60 metre race between prime Wes Morgan, Robert Huth and Vestergaard , I know would win. No man of their size is generally quick off the mark.

If they started now, they'd probably get there by Tuesday.

24 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

When Morgan got motoring he could be quite fast, I’ve yet to see Vestergaard get motoring 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I loved the amount of them convincing themselves it's Rodgers fault he's been poor here because Rodgers can't coach defences. 

Yeah guys, "Brendan" is the reason it takes Vestergaard five minutes to run the 100m.

Well he is if he signed him and then tried to play someone with no pace and the turning circle of a bus up the pitch. Actually just signing him in the first place makes him totally to blame. 

1 hour ago, Hamilton Fox said:

When Morgan got motoring he could be quite fast, I’ve yet to see Vestergaard get motoring 

With a stride length of a giraffe he would take some catching when flat out but agile he is not. That must have been the case right throughout his career so it should come as no surprise if you turn him he is going to struggle.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Well he is if he signed him and then tried to play someone with no pace and the turning circle of a bus up the pitch. Actually just signing him in the first place makes him totally to blame. 

So this whole ‘the manager is some form of autocrat’ is still a thing then?  :blink:

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So this whole ‘the manager is some form of autocrat’ is still a thing then?  :blink:

If Rodgers has nothing to do with recruitment then its a "not me guv" situation but strangely poor recruitment follows him around. Is he just unlucky?

Just now, An Sionnach said:

If Rodgers has nothing to do with recruitment then its a "not me guv" situation but strangely poor recruitment follows him around. Is he just unlucky?

So the past utterly dictates the future 100% Learning lessons is not a thing?

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

So the past utterly dictates the future 100% Learning lessons is not a thing?

Everywhere he’s gone, the clubs have had a terrible record in signings at that point. It’s not coincidence. We got rid of Congerton and brought in Glover for a reason. 

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Everywhere he’s gone, the clubs have had a terrible record in signings at that point. It’s not coincidence. We got rid of Congerton and brought in Glover for a reason. 

So that’s not the manager then is it.  lol

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

So that’s not the manager then is it.  lol

Well yeah it is, we brought Congerton in because he was Rodgers man. We’ve got rid of Congerton and the club have now removed Brendan’s heavy influence on recruitment after last year’s shit show. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Well yeah it is, we brought Congerton in because he was Rodgers man. We’ve got rid of Congerton and the club have now removed Brendan’s heavy influence on recruitment after last year’s shit show. 

That’s a rabbit hole of inferred blame I am not going down. lol
Let’s the new guy delivers better results

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I loved the amount of them convincing themselves it's Rodgers fault he's been poor here because Rodgers can't coach defences. 

Yeah guys, "Brendan" is the reason it takes Vestergaard five minutes to run the 100m.

The post saying that he can also play left back lollollollollol 

• Haha 1