Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

19 minutes ago, teblin said:

I still think he must be better than what we have seen, however still not the right player for the way we play.

strange thing, seems like a good footballer but bad defender 

So the genius recruiter needs firing. One salary saved. 

32 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Everyone shooting the messenger. 

Can i have an apology for being the poop stirrer now please?

I dont just get my information from any old place you know. This was from Leicester Bandgladesh fans Facebook page.

Screenshot_20220722-183641_Facebook.jpg

Hahaha no chance. We've told him he's no future here and given how disastrous he's been there's no way we think we can turn a profit on him. I suspect we'll loan him out and have his wages covered with a small loan fee for the rest of his contract.

On 23/07/2022 at 09:35, Gamble92 said:

Everyone shooting the messenger. 

Can i have an apology for being the poop stirrer now please?

I dont just get my information from any old place you know. This was from Leicester Bandgladesh fans Facebook page.

Screenshot_20220722-183641_Facebook.jpg

Bangladesh Facebook screams legit.

• Haha 1

On 23/07/2022 at 09:32, Finn Claw II said:

We paid £15m for a squad defender.    It’s not like we paid £50m for him.  Hopefully we can offload for something like £10m and whilst bad business it’s not quite the end of the world

We could have bought a better player from the championship for a fraction of the price, disastrous and expensive signing.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

This signing is the football equivalent of Operation Barbarossa. A monumental cock-up resulting in severe costs to the perpetrators.  

We will never know who at LCFC had the summer 2021 brain fart.  I wonder if Boris is in charge of the cover-up?

14 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This signing is the football equivalent of Operation Barbarossa. A monumental cock-up resulting in severe costs to the perpetrators.  

We will never know who at LCFC had the summer 2021 brain fart.  I wonder if Boris is in charge of the cover-up?

(Quickly sneaks off to the toilet to Google Operation Barbarossa so I appear intelligent)

Completely agree, what a cock-up!

Guest Col city fan
13 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I’ve said this before. Someone should be accountable for signings like this. The knock on effect it has on being able to do further transfer dealings is huge. 
I’m not sure about the simile between this and Barbarossa though.. Hitlers invasion into Russia effectively lost them WW2. 
I doubt we’ll be relegated?!

Point remains though

👍

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, brookfox said:

(Quickly sneaks off to the toilet to Google Operation Barbarossa so I appear intelligent)

Hitler had gone mad by that point. Thank God. High on painkillers and other drugs!

1 minute ago, brookfox said:

Sneaking off to the toilet (on an Internet forum) so that you can appear intelligent was an interesting choice.   

Thank you for sharing.

What is Operation Barbarossa?

He looked really poor on Saturday. Especially the first 30 minutes. Put Caglar under some pressure which was really not needed. Any fee would be a bonus. I cant understand how this guy is a PL footballer. It cant all be about his passing ability (which we havent seen a lot of). 

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Hitler had gone mad by that point. Thank God. High on painkillers and other drugs!

That could explain what happened to the Recruitment Team?  Yes thank God this was the beginning of the end .

22 minutes ago, majaco said:

Sneaking off to the toilet (on an Internet forum) so that you can appear intelligent was an interesting choice.   

Thank you for sharing.

What is Operation Barbarossa?

Sarcasm is fantastic. Love it.

Try Google. That’s what unintelligent people like me do when I want to know something. I can recommend when on the toilet.

30 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He looked really poor on Saturday. Especially the first 30 minutes. Put Caglar under some pressure which was really not needed. Any fee would be a bonus. I cant understand how this guy is a PL footballer. It cant all be about his passing ability (which we havent seen a lot of). 

Not just a Premier league footballer, but an international who has played in the Euro semi's.....

39 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It really worries me how he’s reached the level he has.

James Collins easily had the beating of JV on Saturday, let alone any prem striker. 

On 21/07/2022 at 10:27, 5waller5 said:

He’s a terrible fit for our team rather than a terrible footballer. 

As a team we literally play to his weaknesses and don’t use his strengths. That’s what makes it so utterly baffling why we signed him in the first place. 

I hope, for everyone involved, he gets a move to somewhere that suits him. Brentford would be a good match

I genuinely think he is just an all round terrible footballer (for the level we're at). Even if we did play a low block I dont think he has it in him to be consistently solid. If he had electric pace there would still be his weak physicality, poor aerial ability and just all round awkward style of defending that holds him back.

A truly awful player as far as I can see.

20 minutes ago, teblin said:

I didn’t think he looked that bad on Saturday, should be tighter for the goal. Made a loose pass that out soyuncu under pressure. Other than that didn’t really look troubled.

This is the issue with him though. All it takes is one attack at pace Where's he's not already camped in our box and it's panic stations. If he's allowed to sit deep and ping balls all over the place then he looks a capable squad player but he's not to be relied upon unless we change our tactics drastically.

18 minutes ago, teblin said:

I didn’t think he looked that bad on Saturday, should be tighter for the goal. Made a loose pass that out soyuncu under pressure. Other than that didn’t really look troubled.

The biggest problem with judging players on pre season friendlies isn't just that the standard of opposition is usually poor, its that the pressure is completely off. 

One of the biggest things separating mediocre athletes from elite ones is the resilience and the speed of thought needed to operate under pressure in an intense competitive environment like the Premier League. 

It's why I'm not really interested in guys like Praet and Soumaré putting in eye catching performances against teams like Derby and Preston in front of half empty stadiums in a game that's really a training exercise. 

They may be showcasing that they have the raw building blocks to make a top level footballer but if they can't do it come the first game of the season then it doesn't really matter because friendlies and competitive games will just never be all that comparable. 

And this isn't a low key attempt at flaming those particular individuals, for the record, I've spoken elsewhere about hoping Soumaré in particular comes good and I'd still like it if it was at this club. But we won't know either way until the season starts, ultimately. Vestergaard has done enough to illustrate he's just not really up to the task for a top half Premier League team and for me that includes his time at Soton. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

I think he was in charge of the signings.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

This is the issue with him though. All it takes is one attack at pace Where's he's not already camped in our box and it's panic stations. If he's allowed to sit deep and ping balls all over the place then he looks a capable squad player but he's not to be relied upon unless we change our tactics drastically.

As we play a 3 at the back on occassion, he could be ok in this middle of a 3 as the deepest sitter, pinging the balls, but 100% agree that in a 4 he is just too slow and would be targetted as a weak point