Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

I thought he did OK , but the opposition were moderate. We had a back three which left him less exposed , he won't play too often under normal circumstances so I am not concerned. In the other match Fofana made some rash decisions which he will need to watch. Soyuncu, Evans and Amartey made no real errors so all in all I am relaxed.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve said this before. Someone should be accountable for signings like this. The knock on effect it has on being able to do further transfer dealings is huge. 
I’m not sure about the simile between this and Barbarossa though.. Hitlers invasion into Russia effectively lost them WW2. 
I doubt we’ll be relegated?!

Point remains though

👍

Light those torches and get your pitch fork mate :D

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is the issue with him though. All it takes is one attack at pace Where's he's not already camped in our box and it's panic stations. If he's allowed to sit deep and ping balls all over the place then he looks a capable squad player but he's not to be relied upon unless we change our tactics drastically.

I could live with that if he won every header from a cross or a corner, but he doesn't even do that.

55 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The biggest problem with judging players on pre season friendlies isn't just that the standard of opposition is usually poor, its that the pressure is completely off. 

One of the biggest things separating mediocre athletes from elite ones is the resilience and the speed of thought needed to operate under pressure in an intense competitive environment like the Premier League. 

It's why I'm not really interested in guys like Praet and Soumaré putting in eye catching performances against teams like Derby and Preston in front of half empty stadiums in a game that's really a training exercise. 

They may be showcasing that they have the raw building blocks to make a top level footballer but if they can't do it come the first game of the season then it doesn't really matter because friendlies and competitive games will just never be all that comparable. 

And this isn't a low key attempt at flaming those particular individuals, for the record, I've spoken elsewhere about hoping Soumaré in particular comes good and I'd still like it if it was at this club. But we won't know either way until the season starts, ultimately. Vestergaard has done enough to illustrate he's just not really up to the task for a top half Premier League team and for me that includes his time at Soton. 

Yep Agree about that, I wasn't saying he is good enough and should be in the team. But he was far from woeful on saturday.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, teblin said:

But he was far from woeful on saturday.

Then you need a new pair of danish sunglasses, because he was AWFUL, He made countless bad decisions that were totally avoidable, a better team would of punished us, mans a liability.

Edited by Simoken

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

As we play a 3 at the back on occassion, he could be ok in this middle of a 3 as the deepest sitter, pinging the balls, but 100% agree that in a 4 he is just too slow and would be targetted as a weak point

Pinging balls where? There are no targets available up the pitch when we play a back 3. They all come and collect the ball from the centre backs :D

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Pinging balls where? There are no targets available up the pitch when we play a back 3. They all come and collect the ball from the centre backs :D

To our marauding wing backs of course!   lol 

Straight over our 3 midfielders having a cup of tea in the centre circle 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

As we play a 3 at the back on occassion, he could be ok in this middle of a 3 as the deepest sitter, pinging the balls, but 100% agree that in a 4 he is just too slow and would be targetted as a weak point

If you've one sat back though it still allows the opposition to move up and then the whole point of playing a high line and constricting the space for the opposition becomes void. We've also seen when he has played in a back 4/5 when defending leads in the closing stages of games, we have sat back and it's not worked either. So it's all well and good playing to one particular players strengths to prevent their lack of pace being exposed but last season he got turned or switched off in phases of play that should have been his bread and butter and he was still a liability.

He's so u suited to us it's actually scary.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If you've one sat back though it still allows the opposition to move up and then the whole point of playing a high line and constricting the space for the opposition becomes void. We've also seen when he has played in a back 4/5 when defending leads in the closing stages of games, we have sat back and it's not worked either. So it's all well and good playing to one particular players strengths to prevent their lack of pace being exposed but last season he got turned or switched off in phases of play that should have been his bread and butter and he was still a liability.

He's so u suited to us it's actually scary.

I am not championing the guy, he is ill suited to how we perceive Brendan wants us to play (I still saw the logic at the time, but...have since been proved incorrect) and all I am trying to do is think of ways he may not be a dead loss, as  it looks unlikely we can shed all the deadwood in one window....but here's hoping we see movement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He looked really poor on Saturday. Especially the first 30 minutes. Put Caglar under some pressure which was really not needed. Any fee would be a bonus. I cant understand how this guy is a PL footballer. It cant all be about his passing ability (which we havent seen a lot of). 

Reminded me of Ryan Bennett levels of slow and lazy… we seem to be averaging at least 1 dud a season 😂

Edited by UKEchelon

3 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

That's better than Manu, arsenal and chelsea

Oh 100% 😂 Although, for a club who is renowned for generally good recruitment and no where near the level of financial pull as them, we need to limit the amount of cock ups 😅

2 minutes ago, UKEchelon said:

Oh 100% 😂 Although, for a club who is renowned for generally good recruitment and no where near the level of financial pull as them, we need to limit the amount of cock ups 😅

The warning signs were there for all to see before Congerton even arrived but the club ignored them, we are paying the price for it now but it could have easily been avoided unless Rodgers insisted on his mate following him here which I suspect he did.

If I owned a Turkey Farm, I would install Congers as the person to go find any birds that went missing.  For all his faults, he sure can find a Turkey.  Last summer he did us up like an Arbroath Smokey.  The mess is seemingly his doing.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Yes indeed. The well run club moniker has well and truly slipped. So well run we cannot actually sign anyone because there is so much shite clogging up the system. 

Despite the fact that most of us on FT are opinionated morons, most of us looked at Congerton’s track record and saw him for what he is, crap. We have been vindicated in a manner none of us would have wished. 

Some people also said we didn’t need to money from Champions league as we are now loaded lollol 

On 25/07/2022 at 12:39, Dahnsouff said:

To our marauding wing backs of course!   lol 

Straight over our 3 midfielders having a cup of tea in the centre circle 

If only our marauding wingbacks would actually maraud a little more often :yesyes:

2 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Despite all the well merited skepticism, we need to try and support him when he is on the pitch, because he ain't going anywhere.

Hopefully that will not be very often.

Totally. Players use social media and he will be aware of all the negativity dieected towards him from Leicester fans. It’s a shame as it’s not his fault we bought him and he can’t do much about his shortcomings. He also seems like a perfectly decent chap.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Totally. Players use social media and he will be aware of all the negativity dieected towards him from Leicester fans. It’s a shame as it’s not his fault we bought him and he can’t do much about his shortcomings. He also seems like a perfectly decent chap.

Do you think he might fancy the keepers gloves? Defo better than Kasper on the deck, can't be worse on crosses with that height.