Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

Serious question, when does the PL squad need to be named?

Surely we have 2 at least players who won’t get named in the original squad? 

Is that when the vultures will start circling and we’re forced to move players on?

Totally understand not accepting every first offer but there is an arrogance to think there aren’t other CB’s out there for Fulham to enquire about?

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Serious question, when does the PL squad need to be named?

Surely we have 2 at least players who won’t get named in the original squad? 

Is that when the vultures will start circling and we’re forced to move players on?

Totally understand not accepting every first offer but there is an arrogance to think there aren’t other CB’s out there for Fulham to enquire about?

1st of September, first day after the transfer window closes.

2 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Gonna ask a silly question does that not mean we have to name an initial 25 man squad for the first game of the season next week?

I don’t believe that there are any restrictions on using all available pros in games whilst the window is open. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Gonna ask a silly question does that not mean we have to name an initial 25 man squad for the first game of the season next week?

Just now, st albans fox said:

I don’t believe that there are any restrictions on using all available pros in games whilst the window is open. 

:thumbup:

Thanks mate.

I genuinely thought it was going to highlight someone like Praet’s lack of future here when told he hasn’t made the 25 man squad for next week.

Back to Vesty, just get rid of the big oaf - when Hamza/Ndidi are starting at CB ahead of you and you’re told you need to play to get international football he should be banging on Rodgers’ door but I bet he isn’t 💰💰

2 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

8 million **** sake just say yes

I assume we have to pay a loyalty bonus on sale (standard practice)

what happens if we’re paying him 75k/week and Fulham only offer 55k?   Is he within his rights to ask us to pay the difference for the upcoming season  ?

i assume these ‘little things’ is what’s holding up our transfer business out and puts pressure on fees.  After all, it won’t be just us looking at wage structures compared to t/over 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I assume we have to pay a loyalty bonus on sale (standard practice)

what happens if we’re paying him 75k/week and Fulham only offer 55k?   Is he within his rights to ask us to pay the difference for the upcoming season  ?

i assume these ‘little things’ is what’s holding up our transfer business out and puts pressure on fees.  After all, it won’t be just us looking at wage structures compared to t/over 

Depends how long they're offering I suppose. He's got 2 years with us, if Fulham offer less money but a longer term it might be in his best interests to sign for a cut wage for long-term assurances. All depends on the disparity between the offer and his current deal.

5 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Depends how long they're offering I suppose. He's got 2 years with us, if Fulham offer less money but a longer term it might be in his best interests to sign for a cut wage for long-term assurances. All depends on the disparity between the offer and his current deal.

Agree but his agent may ask us to make the difference up this season and not the second. I’m just putting it out there that fees don’t necessarily reveal everything that’s going on. 

Agree but his agent may ask us to make the difference up this season and not the second. I’m just putting it out there that fees don’t necessarily reveal everything that’s going on. 

He has a contract for so much money with us , if an interested club can match that or improve it and offer him the chance of more playing time he will certainly consider that. He is most unlikely though to make any financial sacrifice . A longer contract at a slightly reduced salary could attract him.

When we turn down a bid could it be down to the structure of the bid ie instalments etc rather than just the overall figure being inadequate. Also if it’s made up of add ins such as “once he’s played 20 games” etc, problem being their manager will witness games 1 and possibly 2 so the chances of being selected 20 times are so thin you may as well have a clause in there for “Extra million when awarded PFA player of the season award”,

I do agree though gerrim off the wage bill, if he ever plays for us in a high line he costs us goals we’re better off fielding ten men than selecting him again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Vestergaard is apparently on 65k a week so where has this talk of his wages being an issue came from? Fulham aren’t exactly paupers 

There isn't an issue...only on football forums. 

Mitrovic must be on that if not more now.

Wages below are from a couple of years back when they was in the prem last. No issue with wages if 65k is true.

Screenshot_20220731-110341_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1