Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

2 minutes ago, taupe said:

Well, again, I honestly don't see a big issue. Maybe Kasper was involved in getting Veste the gig but, again, the club would have respected Kasper's opinion. At worst, it was Kasper's bad and the club was naive. They'd not be the first employer to take someone on on the recommendation of an employee. Tbh, I think maybe the club panicked a little and perhaps rushed its own usual due diligence. 

They probably did panic. But me as a long term supporter would be hacked off if the club were bypassing core principles of recruitment and scouting over "references from mates" even if they come from long term legends.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, taupe said:

Well, again, I honestly don't see a big issue. Maybe Kasper was involved in getting Veste the gig but, again, the club would have respected Kasper's opinion. At worst, it was Kasper's bad and the club was naive. They'd not be the first employer to take someone on on the recommendation of an employee. Tbh, I think maybe the club panicked a little and perhaps rushed its own usual due diligence. 

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

They probably did panic. But me as a long term supporter would be hacked off if the club were bypassing core principles of recruitment and scouting over "references from mates" even if they come from long term legends.

we had been linked with him over multiple different windows. he had always been an option for us. We were even keen before he went to southampton. He could well have come in instead of bennett as well. 

He may not have been a top choice but for whatever reason he had always been on our lists as an option. Kasper may have been used as a character reference but nothing more 

• Like 1

But me as a long term supporter would be hacked off if the club were bypassing core principles of recruitment and scouting over "references from mates" even if they come from long term legends.

Yes, I get that. I know where you're coming from.

Edited by taupe
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Suze is already on the phone to Moshiri asking if he wants to panic buy our panic buy from last year.

Panic buy don’t be silly we looked at him for ages 🤔😉

He’s a snip at £80m he’s the new Harry Maguire solid at the back never makes a mistake and takes out everything that comes anywhere near the defence, also he scores loads of goals from set pieces as his height is well spottable from a set piece every free kick & corner takers target in it goes bang he scores what else would you need in a quality defensive gem of a find at such a low price ??  😉🤔:ph34r:

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Figured he would be here until at least Fofana's future is decided. For cover.

So a little surprised by the murmur that Fulham have agreed.

Why? He didn't play last season when we literally had no center backs? Get rid as soon as. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Squads usually carry 10 defenders. Bertrand and Ricardo hurt. Without Vesty makes 7. We don't have a 2nd choice back 4 without bringing in Albrighton at RB.

Wouldn’t want him playing even if we had 0 defenders. I’d have; Fofana, Evans, amartey, Ndidi, Soyuncu all ahead of him. So he’s 6th choice on probably like 50k p/W, joke 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Micky said:

He hasn't worked in our system but he is a very good player in the right system. He hasn't played in the premier league and represented a strong national team being an awful player. 

You need to have more about you, than only being able to play in one system. Unless you are exceptional and he isn't. 

1 hour ago, HarryDee8 said:

Aren't we covered in CB area. We've got fofana and Evans and Soyuncu as cover? If need be ndidi and amartey as 4th backup 

if you are going to include Ndidi it’s only fair to include Hamza!

3 minutes ago, Mint_Fox said:

You need to have more about you, than only being able to play in one system. Unless you are exceptional and he isn't. 

Granted and accepted point.

However, likewise, the style, should be adaptable to get the best out of what's available, at times last season, we were desperate, alot of excuse made for our situations  - people will say it wasn't excuses, it was just circumstances of which they'd be right, the reason I call them excuses is not once did we try and adapt to play different ways to help our situations, make the best and get the best out of what was available.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Granted and accepted point.

However, likewise, the style, should be adaptable to get the best out of what's available, at times last season, we were desperate, alot of excuse made for our situations  - people will say it wasn't excuses, it was just circumstances of which they'd be right, the reason I call them excuses is not once did we try and adapt to play different ways to help our situations, make the best and get the best out of what was available.

BR is stubborn,  but it just makes you question why buy him in the first place. He was a very square peg in a round hole. He never fitted the brief. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Squads usually carry 10 defenders. Bertrand and Ricardo hurt. Without Vesty makes 7. We don't have a 2nd choice back 4 without bringing in Albrighton at RB.

Definitely hurts to have Bertrand.

• Like 2

I'm not saying he's not garbage. I'm saying it's easy to spite sell someone and that cover is more complicated than looking at simply who can play CB. It's who is now playing LB/RB, who is now cover at those positions, and if you really want to bring NDIDI back who his playing there as well.

1 minute ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I'm not saying he's not garbage. I'm saying it's easy to spite sell someone and that cover is more complicated than looking at simply who can play CB. It's who is now playing LB/RB, who is now cover at those positions, and if you really want to bring NDIDI back who his playing there as well.

Keeping deadwood that we don’t trust doesn’t really solve that, though.