Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

I still wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave. Danish coach has already warned him he won’t be picked for the national team if he isn’t a regular starter. The sources here aren’t exactly A-tier, how much his media advisor knows, I have no idea…

Probably worth reiterating that Vestergaard is a good player… we just play to his weaknesses rather than his strengths, particularly with where he is asked to position himself. Makes sense for him to move on and play in a team who uses a low block. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Probably worth reiterating that Vestergaard is a good player… we just play to his weaknesses rather than his strengths, particularly with where he is asked to position himself. Makes sense for him to move on and play in a team who uses a low block. 

He’s a good player but I’m sick of the sight of him, mainly because we signed him without thinking about him actually fitting into our team. A very expensive 5th option centreback 

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Probably worth reiterating that Vestergaard is a good player… 

Indeed. You don't get to be selected for your country, any country, by being crap. 

He's absolutely the wrong player for us, we messed up right royally signing him because we're never likely to play in a manner to suit him, but that doesn't make him rubbish. If there was anything to the Fulham link then him turning it down would probably be down to (imho) game time. If you saw how Fulham wanted to play, how they went at Liverpool, they are just not a side that naturally want to sit back, soak up pressure and play on the break. Veste probably wouldn't start for them either. Why take a lower wage to sit on a bench, even if that bench is in west London?

Everton, well, given what happened yesterday, there's a greater chance of him getting a start... unless for a number of months, until the World Cup starts. But that's just me speculating hopefully. 

12 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I’m yet to see this good player… for a giant of a man he gets physically bullied by players half the size of him as well as beaten in the air by them… he’s slow cumbersome and even his main strength in his passing is erratic as Kaspers was! 

Edited by dbtcity

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

People falling over themselves trying to justify how good he apparently is. He isn’t. He’s cack. 

He can be a good player and not suited to playing in a high line… He’s arguably the best passer at the club, but his lack of pace is really exposed with the way we play.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

He can be a good player and not suited to playing in a high line… He’s arguably the best passer at the club, but his lack of pace is really exposed with the way we play.

Beat passer at the club?

I hate people that call posters out but are you ok mate?

Jannik is a below par PL standard CB with obvious flaws that OUR scouting team ignored when spunked 15m and 3 year contract on.

16 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I’m yet to see this good player… for a giant of a man he gets physically bullied by players half the size of him as well as beaten in the air by them… he’s slow cumbersome and even his main strength in his passing is erratic as Kaspers was! 

He literally was subbed on for youri against West Ham and we conceded a corner 2 mins later. He’s crap, an absolute stain on this club. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

Depressing thing is, if Wes is off he’ll be a regular feature in the match day squad, as I think we’ll struggle to get a replacement in. 

He didn’t even get in when we only had Amartey and Soyuncu stinking the place out, Ndidi was preferred ahead of him. 

Just now, kingfox said:

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Somebody needs to graffiti the words Sell Vestergaard on the doors of main reception and the players entrance.

Not sure it fits next to FOAD Brendan tbh

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

He didn’t even get in when we only had Amartey and Soyuncu stinking the place out, Ndidi was preferred ahead of him. 

Yeah he won’t start but when we don’t get another quality player in then we’re one injury away from him. Two injuries already doesn’t fill me with any confidence.