Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

54 minutes ago, turlo said:

Sounded too good to be true yesterday. Either the bid didn't happen or Fulham are complete amateurs and didn't tap him up in advance to agree terms

Yesterday, all my troubles looked to be going far away.

but now it looks as though he’s here to stay! 
Oh now we’re lumped with Vestergaard.

Why he had to stay I don’t know! He wouldn’t say…

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Posturing for me, he doesn't want to take a pay cut, probably wants us to pick up some of his wages to make up for the salary being offered elsewhere 

Agreed lots of people need to remind themselves how a negotiation works. He's trying to get more money out of us or Fulham or both. 

He knows he's done here just postioning for the best possible deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Posturing for me, he doesn't want to take a pay cut, probably wants us to pick up some of his wages to make up for the salary being offered elsewhere 

Hopefully that’s what it is. It’s not in our nature as a club, but I think we need to take a firmer line with these fringe players we want to get rid of. We should literally bin this guy off, train with the kids (but not play U21 games), to impact his World Cup chances. Similar with Youri, he should not be starting games even if he is the best choice, he’s using us and running down his contract and so we should “play the game” too, in a World Cup season he should be benched and not played so he can go into that World Cup undercooked, unfit and out of match practice, that is the risk he appears willing to take, so let him have it.

• Like 1

I get that he's entitled to the money but I have zero respect for players who stay where they're not picked or even wanted just to keep picking up wages. It's not like you're going to go hungry if you go somewhere else on £5k-£10k less a week. Show some professional pride.

Hopefully this is just part of the negotiations with Fulham.

Fair play to him if he feels the need to stay and fight for his place. Quite surprised because surely he knows he’s going to struggle with game time and that will perhaps jeopardise his chance of going to the World Cup.

Its really strange that he has rejected a move to Fulham. He most likely knows that he is not going to get much playing time and with the World Cup coming up and the Danish coach Kasper Hjulmand clearly stating "no first team play at the club - not picked for Denmark". So he really is gambling but maybe money talks?

3 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Its really strange that he has rejected a move to Fulham. He most likely knows that he is not going to get much playing time and with the World Cup coming up and the Danish coach Kasper Hjulmand clearly stating "no first team play at the club - not picked for Denmark". So he really is gambling but maybe money talks?

I imagine he'd rather be paid sitting on his arse here than actually play football for Fulham on less money.

We should be looking for ways to bridge the gap as I dont think anyone wants to see him pay for us again.

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

It could also be that there are other clubs interested that appeal to him far more and the leak of the Fulham interest could be to try and force the others to come in with concrete offers and get a deal moving 

I'm not religious, so I'm not sure praying will help! 

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

It could also be that there are other clubs interested that appeal to him far more and the leak of the Fulham interest could be to try and force the others to come in with concrete offers and get a deal moving 

As if

Pretty harsh to just boo him because he doesn’t want to leave I know it’s not ideal for him to stay here and no body mows what Fulham offered him going to but player for us maybe ok double your wages to a big part player at Fulham on maybe half for all we know not many people will do that. He prob knows will need to use him here at some point with our injury record the last few years 😂

• Like 4