Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Vestergaard

6 hours ago, MPH said:

We’ll probably send him on a season long loan to one of the championship favorites with an obligation to buy if they get promoted. With us paying half of his wages. I reckon that’s the best we can hope for.

I'll take it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It was the very definition of a panic buy and just one of the reasons why the wage bill is currently running at 105% of turnover. It's not that FFP has suddenly been sprung on the club and the choice is either play by the rules or have legal representatives that are expert at smoke and mirrors. Seems that we have gone for the former. 

Was it though?

We had been linked with him the previous year and it was obvious he was on the club's radar for some bizaare reason.  Makes it all the more heinous a signing,

• Like 4

Guest itude

£12 million it seems ? That would have been a decent deal...for us. Now we are stuck with him, some rumours suggest he wants a loan deal so he can show off for the world cup ? What to do ? Personally I would shove him in the reserves,along with Tielemans, but I imagine neither will happen

No fan of Vestergaard but it was only one publication that isn’t particularly reliable saying a bid had been accepted for Vestergaard. Nixon said a deal was close but not confirmed. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if Fulham used Vestergaard as a smokescreen to try to hurry West Ham along to let go of Diop, rather than Vestergaard rejecting wages, especially with the World Cup coming and him needing first team games.  

Based on the fact Vestergaard has barely featured in preseason and he wasn’t in the match day squad suggests the club are desperate to get rid. 

• Like 2

Sheez the drama with lurch only gets worse. Him and Bertrand are turning out to be some of the clubs most disastrous buys. They are Living large without having to do much. Of course there gonna resist getting offloaded. With lurch he does have an urge to play in the WC so we do have a little leverage but it might still be tough seeing as he turned down Fulham which would have been a good move for him. There won’t be many better teams that come for him. Should have stuffed him into the back of the brentford team bus before it left the KP on Sunday. Damn!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Seriously though, what is the mechanism for clubs 'officially' putting players up for sale? 

Nothing official really.

The player / players agent get advised. They then speak with other agents / clubs to identify interest and a potential new home. 

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Seriously though, what is the mechanism for clubs 'officially' putting players up for sale? 

Agents / agencies pretty much

There is a platform as well that clubs have started using more and more called TransferRoom

https://www.90min.com/posts/how-digital-football-platform-transfer-room-revolutionises-transfers/amp

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Agents / agencies pretty much

There is a platform as well that clubs have started using more and more called TransferRoom

https://www.90min.com/posts/how-digital-football-platform-transfer-room-revolutionises-transfers/amp

For sale. Tall Centre back with International and Premier League experience. Good range of passing. £12,000,000 ono. Interesting trades considered.

4 hours ago, itude said:

£12 million it seems ? That would have been a decent deal...for us. Now we are stuck with him, some rumours suggest he wants a loan deal so he can show off for the world cup ? What to do ? Personally I would shove him in the reserves,along with Tielemans, but I imagine neither will happen

Don’t give up hope yet, I think Fulham wanted 2 cbs.