Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Under 18s team vs Sheff Wed in FA Youth Cup

Dillon Addai, Ben Grist, Jahmari Lindsay, Henry Cartwright (c), Tom Wilson Brown, Liam McAlinney, Jayden Joseph, Logan Briggs, Reece Evans, Trey Nyoni, Amani Richards

Subs: Tyler Weeks, Freddie Cook, Mirsad Ali, Jack Lewis, Tristan Thomas, Josh King, Abdullah Javaid

Being streamed on YouTube

@moore_94, who’s our best ones out of that bunch? Thought the LB (number 3) looked way and above anyone else in our team. Midfield were way off Sheff Weds and our No.9 up top looked slow and had his head down moaning for most of what I seen whilst contributing nothing himself. 🙈

Edited by MalletFox

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Both sides losing after leading ………. Good to see the same mentality running right through the club ….

Just thinking - has a club ever been relegated from PL and PL2 in the same season ?? (I haven’t chucked the women in because it’s not going to make a difference but could be a hat trick) 

Edited by st albans fox

Pretty miserable start to the weekend, which will probably continue tomorrow.

I watched the youth cup game. We were in control at 2-0 up but conceded just before half time from. inevitably, a set piece.The 2nd goal, we were in a very good attacking position, gave the ball away needlessly on the edge of their penalty area & got caught on the break. Admittadly it was a great strike from the Wednesday player for the equaliser but a bad error cost us dearly. (to quote Brendan, this is what happens with young players!!!). Needless penalty for the 3rd.

More similarities to the first team, we picked up injuries & the opposition were fitter , faster & more determined than us.

Our club is broken

• Sad 1

Sometimes lately I regret signing my son to the academy. There does seem to be an issue at all age groups. The feel around the place just  seems off. Don't see as many staff around the place. No physios on training nights, don't see sports science around anymore. Just seems like they're making big cuts. 

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, MGsDad said:

Sometimes lately I regret signing my son to the academy. There does seem to be an issue at all age groups. The feel around the place just  seems off. Don't see as many staff around the place. No physios on training nights, don't see sports science around anymore. Just seems like they're making big cuts. 

A lot of kids are there to make up the numbers - unless you’re one of the top sides out there you won’t have a whole academy of incredible talent. if yours is one of those real talents then it’s very disconcerting that you dont feel wanted, irrespective of the stuff you’ve mentioned.  how long is he signed for and would you consider driving to another club? Seeming to care about people and especially youngsters should be the bare minimum at any football club. 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

A lot of kids are there to make up the numbers - unless you’re one of the top sides out there you won’t have a whole academy of incredible talent. if yours is one of those real talents then it’s very disconcerting that you dont feel wanted, irrespective of the stuff you’ve mentioned.  how long is he signed for and would you consider driving to another club? Seeming to care about people and especially youngsters should be the bare minimum at any football club. 

My son has been there for 6 years since he was 6. He had offers with Man City, Arsenal, Utd, Villa amongst others but we chose to sign with Leicester at U9 because of the new facility being 7 minute drive from our house. We've seen the decline in atmosphere over the past 2 years and like I said something doesn't feel right throughout the ages. My son is one of the better players in the age group and yes you are right there is certainly a factor of making up numbers. We have 25 odd kids with trialists and you most definitely don't have 25 stars there. There's a definite core of players that are standout though. 

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

With regard to going to another club. It wouldn't be that easy. If we wanted to pull him from the academy it would be something like £50k compensation owed to LCFC. He'd need to be released to go somewhere else. I wouldn't give up on the club just yet. He loves it and would absolutely hate me if I pulled him out. 😂

4 minutes ago, MGsDad said:

With regard to going to another club. It wouldn't be that easy. If we wanted to pull him from the academy it would be something like £50k compensation owed to LCFC. He'd need to be released to go somewhere else. I wouldn't give up on the club just yet. He loves it and would absolutely hate me if I pulled him out. 😂

How long have you signed for?  Are you saying that if the club ask you to sign a new agreement (when the existing one finishes) then you have to or pay them compensation if you refuse?

Btw, wouldnt arsenal and Man City have been too far from where you live ??

Edited by st albans fox

Just now, st albans fox said:

How long have you signed for?  Are you saying that if the club ask you to sign a new agreement (when the existing one finishes) then you have to or pay them compensation if you refuse?

No it's standard EPPP rules. That if registration is offered and is refused the club retain the right to compensation from another club. Up to end of U12 registration is 1 year at a time. After that it's 2 years until U16 then it's scholarship or gone. We are on the last year of single year registrations. Going in to 2 year registration next season. If we refuse that registration then the club will retain their rights to compensation. If the club release my son he is free to go to another club without compensation owed. It's complicated but there is the EPPP premier league academy charter which is the "rule book", easily found on the web if you're interested. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MGsDad said:

No it's standard EPPP rules. That if registration is offered and is refused the club retain the right to compensation from another club. Up to end of U12 registration is 1 year at a time. After that it's 2 years until U16 then it's scholarship or gone. We are on the last year of single year registrations. Going in to 2 year registration next season. If we refuse that registration then the club will retain their rights to compensation. If the club release my son he is free to go to another club without compensation owed. It's complicated but there is the EPPP premier league academy charter which is the "rule book", easily found on the web if you're interested. 

I didn’t realise that clubs are entitled to that level of comp at such a young age - I guess it’s to try and stop the bigger clubs just nicking the emerging talent at 10/11.  

14 minutes ago, MGsDad said:

Before I read your last post, I read that as if you'd have to pay £50k to the club lollol

It's a shame there's a bit of a lull for your son's age group, which appears to be filtering from the top of the club i.e higher age groups/senior team. Especially lack of staff. Is that something that you've seen progressively worsen or is it sudden in last few weeks/months?

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Btw, wouldnt arsenal and Man City have been too far from where you live ??

Yes we would've had to relocate and were asked if we were "thinking about moving". 😂

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Before I read your last post, I read that as if you'd have to pay £50k to the club lollol

It's a shame there's a bit of a lull for your son's age group, which appears to be filtering from the top of the club i.e higher age groups/senior team. Especially lack of staff. Is that something that you've seen progressively worsen or is it sudden in last few weeks/months?

It's the last year or so I'd say. They've lost quite a few physios, haven't seen many sports science around either. It's like there's been gradual cuts. Quite a few parents have said the same thing. 

• Like 1