Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

25 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

No offence to the lad why we bothering with leshabala he won’t make it here and needs to be trying to forge a career lower down.

He looked decent in the u23s a while back yet he rarely stood out on loan. Perhaps it's simply a case of needing a defensive midfielder with Braybrooke out plus the chance he may impress enough for a small fee from a league two club.

Edited by Foxxed

I only watched the last ten minutes but basically Wolves, a team so bad they only recently found the back of the net this calendar year, casually passed the ball around our half as our players watched them do so with the enthusiasm of a man watching reruns of a TV series he never liked the first time around. The most positive thing the commentators could say is that Wanya once tracked back and the highlights for me was Odunze first kicking the ball into touch and then kicking it straight at their goalkeeper. The ball did once pinball itself into their penalty area but our striker seemed startled and overwhelmed by the opportunity and so that chance fizzled out. Wolves, playing with both a lack of confidence and acres of space, did manage a shot on target and Odunze managed, I suspect, a fine save and such excitement reminded me that I was in fact not dead. My eyes fixated in the clock for the final 15 second until the ref put us, albeit it temporarily, out of our misery. Can't decided if I'm watching the second half.

• Haha 2

Having watched the first half of tonight’s u21 game I’m left wondering how the majority of these young players have been taken on by a premier league club. It has been woeful.
What is the point of having a £100M training centre unless we have a top drawer recruiting team who can spot young talent and top class coaches to develop them. The evidence I’ve seen suggests we are sadly lacking in both respects. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, filbo rob said:

Having watched the first half of tonight’s u21 game I’m left wondering how the majority of these young players have been taken on by a premier league club. It has been woeful.
What is the point of having a £100M training centre unless we have a top drawer recruiting team who can spot young talent and top class coaches to develop them. The evidence I’ve seen suggests we are sadly lacking in both respects. 

I have long suspected we basically focus our efforts on a couple of players max at this level.

The academy sums the club up, invest in a £100m training ground and leverage this golden opportunity... by making very few staff ing changes at all. Lots of Rudkins and Beagleholes on the payroll doing the best by the club.

Edited by Stadt

22 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Correct me if I am wrong but has our academy produced only three full internationals in the last twenty five years. I can only think of Chilwell , King and Barnes.

15 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

English ones maybe but Im sure it will have produced other nationalities.

Heskey would count if it's last 25 years.

Max Gradel (Ivory Coast), Jeff Schlupp (Ghana) came through the academy.

Bit tenuous but Harry Panayiotou is a St. Kitts & Nevis international.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier