Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

18 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I only watched the last ten minutes but basically Wolves, a team so bad they only recently found the back of the net this calendar year, casually passed the ball around our half as our players watched them do so with the enthusiasm of a man watching reruns of a TV series he never liked the first time around. The most positive thing the commentators could say is that Wanya once tracked back and the highlights for me was Odunze first kicking the ball into touch and then kicking it straight at their goalkeeper. The ball did once pinball itself into their penalty area but our striker seemed startled and overwhelmed by the opportunity and so that chance fizzled out. Wolves, playing with both a lack of confidence and acres of space, did manage a shot on target and Odunze managed, I suspect, a fine save and such excitement reminded me that I was in fact not dead. My eyes fixated in the clock for the final 15 second until the ref put us, albeit it temporarily, out of our misery. Can't decided if I'm watching the second half.

Sounds like they’re all on drugs or if not perhaps they ought to be 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Liam Moore

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Simonas Stankevičius, Adi Yussuf...

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Heskey would count if it's last 25 years.

Max Gradel (Ivory Coast), Jeff Schlupp (Ghana) came through the academy.

Bit tenuous but Harry Panayiotou is a St. Kitts & Nevis international.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Correct me if I am wrong but has our academy produced only three full internationals in the last twenty five years. I can only think of Chilwell , King and Barnes.

Kamal Sowah

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Cambridge United play Arsenal in the Youth Cup Q/Finals tonight. Beat Chelsea previously too 

Quite the achievement, got 3000 going to the Emirates tonight to watch them too.

I guess it's a decent catchment area for those who perhaps haven't been poached by Prem academies yet. 

• Thanks 1

I would be surprised if Barnes has a long international career. Southgate would not trust his lack of defensive skills as a wide man. As a pure striker , he would have to show he can score in slow build up football . Personally I will be glad if he devotes all his attention to LCFC. 

On 21/02/2023 at 14:10, An Sionnach said:

Correct me if I am wrong but has our academy produced only three full internationals in the last twenty five years. I can only think of Chilwell , King and Barnes.

On 21/02/2023 at 14:24, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Heskey would count if it's last 25 years.

Max Gradel (Ivory Coast), Jeff Schlupp (Ghana) came through the academy.

Bit tenuous but Harry Panayiotou is a St. Kitts & Nevis international.

There's also Admiral Muskwe (Zimbabwe), Callum Elder (Australia), Kairo Mitchell (Grenada) and Alie Sesay (Sierra Leone).

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Under 18s are currently drawing 0-0 with bottom of the league Aston Villa after 20 minutes

Addai, Joseph, Lindsay, Amartey, Grist, Cook, Richards, Lewis, Toure, Nyoni, Ali

Subs: Bausor, McAlinney, Ononaye, Javaid, Thomas

Losing 3-1 with 5mins left

Under 21s are playing away against Liverpool, kick off at 2pm

Oduzne, Wormleighton, Hill, Brunt, Appiah, Spencer-Adams, Wanya Marcal, Booth, Maswanhise, Leshabela, K. Pennant

Subs: Doherty, Godsmark-Ford, Cover, Briggs, T. Pennant

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Under 21s are playing away against Liverpool, kick off at 2pm

Oduzne, Wormleighton, Hill, Brunt, Appiah, Spencer-Adams, Wanya Marcal, Booth, Maswanhise, Leshabela, K. Pennant

Subs: 

...Appiah has fought to get the chance at this club, and now he looks a complete liability at the back!!!

Is this down to coaching, contradicting advise being given, or is it a plain dysfunctional team plan, causing what appears to be quality players to go backwards.

I just want Wormlrighton to get out and go on loan, any buoyancy he has experienced in this team is now long gone. We never seem to realise when we need to take a player to the next step.

I do understand that teams may need to want them, but even being on the bench in a professional atmosphere will be a bonus. He needs to grow and he looks like he has it in him to excel on loan, mentally and professionally.

How can petty still be there.?? 6 months without a win, referencing on social media re injuries but is that the excuse for a number of seasons? Constant relegation battle for 3 years…..someone has to be held to account to enable change 

• Like 1