Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

5 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

It seems to me, with minimal collective inside insight, we judge 1 person (who does have a lot of responsibility) for all the perceived failures, I am unsure how logical that is! Yes he is ultimately responsible for the football operations, then again you don't get a dog and bark yourself, otherwise you'd have Top serving drinks at half time.

The success and failure of any football club, is a collective effort, the same as in any organisation.

You make a lot of points in your last post but i just want to briefly address the point you make above from a business perspective about Jon Rudkin as without doubt, he has a very Autocratic management style which is no doubt borne of his empire building days as Academy manager and the loyal foot-soldiers he continued to surround himself with knowing they would always protect his back in exchange for his loyalty to them.

I witnessed it first hand for many years and those i know who know him (including many ex-coaches) will all testify to this and his micro-management style which again is the sign of insecurity in his position.

The point is that there are several key disadvantages with an Autocratic management style and one of the main ones is that ultimate responsibility can only fall on one person as they are the ones who are insistent on making ALL decisions and, regardless of  whether they are correct or not, the decision is not open to challenge for those who work under them.

As such, businesses with very good people often end up following strategic thinking that is misguided/wrong and may have been challenged at an earlier stage by better qualified employees who failed to do so for fear of losing their jobs......just as happened to Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis which is one of the strongest business case studies highlighting the pitfalls of Autocratic leadership (see the link below if you wish to understand how the leadership of one man, Richard Fuld, pretty much brought one of the worlds oldest and most powerful banks to its knees purely because of his own arrogance and self-importance!)

Form my perspective having watched closely for several years, this is exactly the type of scenario that was potentially possible at the LCFC academy for a long time as JR simply refuses to relinquish control and leadership or encourage highly qualified people/coaches to challenge the status quo (ie Inni Idiakez who was marginalised because he challenged Beaglehole as a coach....and Beaglehole was JRs buddy!)

Other disadantages of Autocratic leadership style??     

Micro-management ; lack of accountability : poor employee morale or engagement; Lack of Trust ; Difficulty in Correcting Poor results ; Ignores the skills and knowledge of key workers ; Joyless experience for employees)

All these failings sound worryingly familiar from what i am reading in your posts.....

https://cronkitehhh.jmc.asu.edu/blog/2017/12/weakness-charismatic-leadership/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

You make a lot of points in your last post but i just want to briefly address the point you make above from a business perspective about Jon Rudkin as without doubt, he has a very Autocratic management style which is no doubt borne of his empire building days as Academy manager and the loyal foot-soldiers he continued to surround himself with knowing they would always protect his back in exchange for his loyalty to them.

I witnessed it first hand for many years and those i know who know him (including many ex-coaches) will all testify to this and his micro-management style which again is the sign of insecurity in his position.

The point is that there are several key disadvantages with an Autocratic management style and one of the main ones is that ultimate responsibility can only fall on one person as they are the ones who are insistent on making ALL decisions and, regardless of  whether they are correct or not, the decision is not open to challenge for those who work under them.

As such, businesses with very good people often end up following strategic thinking that is misguided/wrong and may have been challenged at an earlier stage by better qualified employees who failed to do so for fear of losing their jobs......just as happened to Lehman Brothers during the 2008 financial crisis which is one of the strongest business case studies highlighting the pitfalls of Autocratic leadership (see the link below if you wish to understand how the leadership of one man, Richard Fuld, pretty much brought one of the worlds oldest and most powerful banks to its knees purely because of his own arrogance and self-importance!)

Form my perspective having watched closely for several years, this is exactly the type of scenario that was potentially possible at the LCFC academy for a long time as JR simply refuses to relinquish control and leadership or encourage highly qualified people/coaches to challenge the status quo (ie Inni Idiakez who was marginalised because he challenged Beaglehole as a coach....and Beaglehole was JRs buddy!)

Other disadantages of Autocratic leadership style??     

Micro-management ; lack of accountability : poor employee morale or engagement; Lack of Trust ; Difficulty in Correcting Poor results ; Ignores the skills and knowledge of key workers ; Joyless experience for employees)

All these failings sound worryingly familiar from what i am reading in your posts.....

https://cronkitehhh.jmc.asu.edu/blog/2017/12/weakness-charismatic-leadership/

I have no experience of him, hence I am unable to comment on his style. 

I do however see the overall culture, I can't say its horrific, the boys in the main are happy. They should be they are playing football for a top team. 

It is a safe environment, one can question any coach to see if they progress a player sufficiently. It's all subjective though isn't it!

Do I really know any better than the next person?

Does a pro license mean you are a great coach? Of course not, but that's the way that the industry judges coaches. 

I'd suggest it's a normal academy, weather that is good enough or not, depend son ones expectations.

I'd suggest that we are underachieving from the players we have produced over the last 20 years, who have gone on to have careers. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Under 18s are playing at home against Brighton

Addai, Cook, Ali, Amartey, Grist, Lindsay, Joseph, Lewis, King, Richards, Nyoni

Subs: Bausor (GK), McAlinney, Ononaye, Fisken, Thomas

1 nil - Amani Richards after 2 mins

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If we can get Alves, Braybrooke and Nelson in the starting lineup we'll have done well.

Here's my cheapass Championship lineup for next season.

Iversen

WormL Amartey Nelson Thomas

Hamza

Alves Braybrooke KDH

Popov Barnes*

*In my dreams

Edited by Foxxed
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

If we can get Alves, Braybrooke and Nelson in the starting lineup we'll have done well.

Here's my cheapass Championship lineup for next season.

Iversen

WormL Amartey Nelson Thomas

Hamza

Alves Braybrooke KDH

Popov Barnes*

*In my dreams

That team would get relegated 100 percent

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

That team would get relegated 100 percent

Four of those players have played top tier Championship football.  Thomas and Amartey are easily capable of good championship football. Braybrooke too. 7 players easily good enough for that level.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Four of those players have played top tier Championship football.  Thomas and Amartey are easily capable of good championship football. Braybrooke too. 7 players easily good enough for that level.

The same Thomas and Amartey that got absolutley rinsed by a Championship team last week?  Braybrooke has played 10 minutes of senior football in his life but is now more then good enough for the Championship? Wont even go there with the Popov leading the line part, think youre massively under estimating the quality of the Championship, its a gigantic gulf from youth team football 😂

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

The same Thomas and Amartey that got absolutley rinsed by a Championship team last week?  Braybrooke has played 10 minutes of senior football in his life but is now more then good enough for the Championship? Wont even go there with the Popov leading the line part, think youre massively under estimating the quality of the Championship, its a gigantic gulf from youth team football 😂

They've been crap in some matches in line with our season-long descent; they're easily Championship quality otherwise. Popov is a massive gamble of course. I'm confident in Braybrooke.

22 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Not sure if it belongs in here but new appointment at academy level in sports science department

D02B23A4-86CC-467B-AE52-786ADB8DF800.png

was this announced today? if this is a brendan connection which it likely is, that is a for sure sign the club are doubling down on him staying. 

3 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Leshabela is 30 right?

He started quite young by us,though now 23..

Hes had some good game time by us,he deserves IMO,mote 1st team bench time and from there game time..

If he can’t cut it now,time to move him on…or decide to play him.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

He started quite young by us,though now 23..

Hes had some good game time by us,he deserves IMO,mote 1st team bench time and from there game time..

If he can’t cut it now,time to move him on…or decide to play him.

He’s no where near premier league level 

• Like 2