Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

He started quite young by us,though now 23..

Hes had some good game time by us,he deserves IMO,mote 1st team bench time and from there game time..

If he can’t cut it now,time to move him on…or decide to play him.

He's had a loan at League 1 level where he only managed 3 apps and then one at League 2 level where he only made 10 and was cut short - he definitely doesn't seem anywhere near our level sadly.  

I know we’re crap, but having an opposition able to field a side like that is a joke. 

I know Blackburn have a young squad but I think if you’ve played a percentage of first team games in a season you should be blocked from this level. 

They’re basically giving minutes to their bench from the weekend every week. 

Just now, It'sblueupnorth said:

Victor Johansson formerly of our youth set up getting rave reviews in the championship for Rotherham. Also formerly of Aston Villas academy. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but he would probably be our best gk right now 😂

He looked great and travelled with the first team a couple of times. I wasn't sure why we let him go frankly. I guess Iversen has outperformed Johansson or at least equalled his achievements.

First Team only 3 points above bottom

Womens Team bottom and 2 points from safety

Under 21s bottom and 8 points from safety

Under 18s only 4 points above bottom (no relegation in that league luckily for them)

What a mess.

image.png.6d8d2b1dfd5c938ceb0509681b335ed6.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Under 18s only 4 points above bottom (no relegation in that league luckily for them)

What a mess.

I'm really hoping this is the wake up call needed. A hard, long look is needed at our internal workings this summer. Heads need to roll and new faces and direction is needed.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

What a mess.

Women’s U18s are 2nd bottom too 😂 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

I know we’re crap, but having an opposition able to field a side like that is a joke. 

I know Blackburn have a young squad but I think if you’ve played a percentage of first team games in a season you should be blocked from this level. 

I totally agree with you.....but isn't that exactly what we used to do under Beaglehole for years to boost our results and that only served to block the pathway for so many talented youngsters for so many years?

8 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

I totally agree with you.....but isn't that exactly what we used to do under Beaglehole for years to boost our results and that only served to block the pathway for so many talented youngsters for so many years?

I don’t think we really did it to the level that Blackburn did it last night

We just had 22/23 year olds who didn’t have any first team experience

Blackburns first 11 last night has 130 Championship appearances between them this season!

It was effectively a reserve side for them rather than an under 21 development side

Edited by moore_94

8 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Oh absolutely, I didn't like it then either.

I think when I mentioned it last night I thought it was their young first teamers, but they actually had a 27 y/o and two 24 y/o first teamers. Morton and Phillips are the only younguns who feature regularly for their first team.

Also didn't realise the rules had changed and you can now have 5 over 21's in the team!

13 hours ago, Foxxed said:

He looked great and travelled with the first team a couple of times. I wasn't sure why we let him go frankly. I guess Iversen has outperformed Johansson or at least equalled his achievements.

I always liked the look of him watching the u23s. The club probably saw Iversen as the 1 more likely to become 1st choice and Johansson wanted first team football so moved on, glad to see he’s doing well though 

• Like 2

They may as well go back to a recognised Reserve League where they have to play a number of U21s. This would enable our none playing 1st  team players to keep match fit instead of chucking them in for a 90min high pressure game after not playing for many weeks. 

The most promising U21s could then get regular games with experienced players. You could still keep an U21 league but it could then have more 18 t0 20 years olds in it.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, AjcW said:

It's good development of players.  We should have given minutes to Alves and Braybrooke 

5 minutes ago, majaco said:

It's good development of players.  We should have given minutes to Alves and Braybrooke 

Don’t know if you know but both have ACL injuries 

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I don't have the same approach to the Under 21s as most. This is all part and parcel of academy football.

The results shouldn't be used as a negative - it's about personal footballers development, that's where we fail badly. 

Results themselves may not be the most important but a winning persona is surely in there somewhere. Besides if you stick them in a league with similar aged players it will automatically be in the players minds. 

Does relegation also mean you're playing against poorer opposition.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Results themselves may not be the most important but a winning persona is surely in there somewhere. Besides if you stick them in a league with similar aged players it will automatically be in the players minds. 

Does relegation also mean you're playing against poorer opposition.

Acadmey football is all about individual development not results.