Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

16 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Younger age groups are more important?

No point in having great coaches at u21s when they're given poorly developed players.

...I was alluding to students below U21 and focusing on younger players!!!

We get the technical aspect right in our youth set up and we get the players who are comfortable taking the ball in tight spaces, not too one footed and comfortable in their own skin.

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Under 18s are currently drawing 0-0 away at Southampton after 25 minutes

Addai, Cook, Ali, Amartey, Gray, Grist, Joseph, Lewis, King, Nyoni, Richards

Subs: Bausor (GK), Ononaye, Thomas, Fisken, Otchere

Please tell me that Amartey is Dan Amartey

Edited by UniFox21

22 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Kirsten Otchere on the bench - up and coming striker 

Some very interesting talent coming through from the U16s and U18s in attack.

King, Evans, Richards, Tristen, Nyoni and Otchere. Would be nice if one of them could make it through to challenge for a 1st team place in the next few years.

That Josh King has scored an astonishing amount for the U16s

When our top six manager relegates us past twentith place can we get a new manager who uses our lowly status to bed in our youth?

If we go down and still don't give our youth significant experience the money spent on the training ground may as well have been spent on meth-fuelled whores and binbags of cocaine.

On 08/03/2023 at 22:51, Ric Flair said:

The new coaches is more in regards to the older age groups in the academy, there's been precious little change. Behind the scenes lower down it looks like the standard and quality is high.

I've no idea why we don't use our power / finances a bit more. We could pull in coaches from quite reputable clubs on the continent if we offered them the money.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've no idea why we don't use our power / finances a bit more. We could pull in coaches from quite reputable clubs on the continent if we offered them the money.

We need a technical director, clear as day how much this is missing from our structure.

It's what Brighton (and England and now Newcastle) have with Ashworth and you can see the difference it makes. 

It's like running a big business without an MD and opps director and just letting the founders do as they please, that's essentially what we are doing.

Again though I imagine it's not an appointment that happens while Rudkin is here as he sees himself as DOF, Tech Director and our lord & savior jesus christ...

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 3

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-could-repeat-left-8248105

Leicester City could repeat left-field transfer trick after winter training trip
Latest Leicester City transfer news from LeicestershireLive as Buriram United striker Suphanat Mueanta could be set to join one of the King Power clubs in the summer window after impressing on two training trips to Seagrave

ByLuke PawleyMidlands Football Writer
20:48, 13 MAR 2023

Eyebrows were raised on transfer deadline day in January when Leicester City announced the signing of 21-year-old striker Nathan Opoku from Syracuse University.

The Ghanaian forward was immediately loaned to OH Leuven in Belgium, who are also owned by King Power, where he has made a positive start to life in European football.

Leicester have earned themselves a positive reputation for finding hidden young talent in left-field corners of the globe, and there's every chance that could continue this summer.

Buriram United striker Suphanat Mueanta, known colloquially as 'Bank', could be the next talented youngster to make the switch. The 20-year-old has eight goals and eight assists in 23 Thai Premier League appearances this season, and is firmly on Leicester's radar.

In fact, Mueanta has had two prolonged stints training with Leicester, one last summer and another this past winter. Last July he played in some friendlies with the under-21s, and in January spent time training with the team.

"Suphanat is only 20 years old but when he is training with the U23 team, he is smarter than other players so it should be taken care of," Newin Chidchob, president of Buriram United, told reporters in Thailand. "We don't care how much the deal will be worth and just think about how to make it happen. to play in the Premier League.

"If he really goes to the Premier League, he will inspire the next generation of players. Then you can go to the Premier League, or at least the J1 League, the K.League."

Mueanta was joined in Leicester last summer by teammates Supachai Chaided (24) and Ratthanakorn Maikami (25), and they also came to England with him this winter. Narubadin Weerawatnodom (28) also made the trip in the New Year. It is understood that City staff were impressed with Mueanta over the course of both trips, and that there is no interest in signing the three other players.

Following the 2022-23 season, it has been confirmed that Muenta will spend pre-season in Europe. It remains unclear whether that will be with Leicester, OH Leuven or elsewhere.

Thailand under-23s boss Issara Sritaro has said: "In the case of Suphanat Mueanta, I had several discussions and was told that he will not be able to join our 2023 SEA Games squad (in the summer). I was told he will undergo pre-season in Europe after the Thai League 1 season ends."

It is unlikely that Mueanta would be granted a work permit to play for Leicester City immediately due to Thailand's low FIFA ranking. The club could sign him, though, and loan him to Leuven for a period. City have made such a move with Kamal Sowah in the past.

48 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-could-repeat-left-8248105

Leicester City could repeat left-field transfer trick after winter training trip
Latest Leicester City transfer news from LeicestershireLive as Buriram United striker Suphanat Mueanta could be set to join one of the King Power clubs in the summer window after impressing on two training trips to Seagrave

Eyebrows were raised on transfer deadline day in January when Leicester City announced the signing of 21-year-old striker Nathan Opoku from Syracuse University.

The Ghanaian forward was immediately loaned to OH Leuven in Belgium, who are also owned by King Power, where he has made a positive start to life in European football.

Leicester have earned themselves a positive reputation for finding hidden young talent in left-field corners of the globe, and there's every chance that could continue this summer.

Buriram United striker Suphanat Mueanta, known colloquially as 'Bank', could be the next talented youngster to make the switch. The 20-year-old has eight goals and eight assists in 23 Thai Premier League appearances this season, and is firmly on Leicester's radar.

In fact, Mueanta has had two prolonged stints training with Leicester, one last summer and another this past winter. Last July he played in some friendlies with the under-21s, and in January spent time training with the team.

"Suphanat is only 20 years old but when he is training with the U23 team, he is smarter than other players so it should be taken care of," Newin Chidchob, president of Buriram United, told reporters in Thailand. "We don't care how much the deal will be worth and just think about how to make it happen. to play in the Premier League.

"If he really goes to the Premier League, he will inspire the next generation of players. Then you can go to the Premier League, or at least the J1 League, the K.League."

Mueanta was joined in Leicester last summer by teammates Supachai Chaided (24) and Ratthanakorn Maikami (25), and they also came to England with him this winter. Narubadin Weerawatnodom (28) also made the trip in the New Year. It is understood that City staff were impressed with Mueanta over the course of both trips, and that there is no interest in signing the three other players.

Following the 2022-23 season, it has been confirmed that Muenta will spend pre-season in Europe. It remains unclear whether that will be with Leicester, OH Leuven or elsewhere.

Thailand under-23s boss Issara Sritaro has said: "In the case of Suphanat Mueanta, I had several discussions and was told that he will not be able to join our 2023 SEA Games squad (in the summer). I was told he will undergo pre-season in Europe after the Thai League 1 season ends."

It is unlikely that Mueanta would be granted a work permit to play for Leicester City immediately due to Thailand's low FIFA ranking. The club could sign him, though, and loan him to Leuven for a period. City have made such a move with Kamal Sowah in the past.

Since when have any of these experiments worked? Focus is completely off at the moment. Hope it’s not coming from the Top. 

15 hours ago, AjcW said:

We need a technical director, clear as day how much this is missing from our structure.

It's what Brighton (and England and now Newcastle) have with Ashworth and you can see the difference it makes. 

It's like running a big business without an MD and opps director and just letting the founders do as they please, that's essentially what we are doing.

Again though I imagine it's not an appointment that happens while Rudkin is here as he sees himself as DOF, Tech Director and our lord & savior jesus christ...

I think what's become apparent, something I've long suspected but I'm almost sure is now the case, is that our model was never truly sustainable in the way Brighton's and Brentford's is. Their brains of the operation really did come from the top while ours hasn't done. We've been largely propped up for me by having the luxury of an elite level striker that we were never in danger of losing.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, davieG said:

FM wonderkid. Approved tbh.

On 15/03/2023 at 00:21, Dan LCFC said:

I think what's become apparent, something I've long suspected but I'm almost sure is now the case, is that our model was never truly sustainable in the way Brighton's and Brentford's is. Their brains of the operation really did come from the top while ours hasn't done. We've been largely propped up for me by having the luxury of an elite level striker that we were never in danger of losing.

Thats a gross oversimplification.. 

Football clubs pay good money to expect a level of performance from its senior staff and that isn't happening and hasn't for the recent years. 

Top didn't buy a dog and bark himself he isn't stupid. 

Under Pearson we had a clear project with was successful. A squad which was highly motivated and physically and technically prepared for every game. Ware a complete 180 of that team and club now. 

On 14/03/2023 at 05:05, davieG said:

you have to be a little worried because if he was just  close to being good enough, i’d hate to think there would be pressure put on to play him. 

Probably at the expense of an opportunity a better youngster should be getting. It felt that way with the thai lad from france who was getting pre-season minutes.  Certainly didn’t seem to deserve a chance compared to some of the other lads 

7 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

Thats a gross oversimplification.. 

Football clubs pay good money to expect a level of performance from its senior staff and that isn't happening and hasn't for the recent years. 

Top didn't buy a dog and bark himself he isn't stupid. 

Under Pearson we had a clear project with was successful. A squad which was highly motivated and physically and technically prepared for every game. Ware a complete 180 of that team and club now. 

I don't at all disagree - I just think a lot of the upper hand we've had on teams was having an elite striker on our hands. Look at the tens of millions that clubs like West Ham, Everton etc.. have spent going for strikers that haven't got to near what Vardy has done.

Vichai made mistakes but I think he knew when to rectify them.

We won't go back up next season if we don't sort our shit out.