Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

16 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I don't at all disagree - I just think a lot of the upper hand we've had on teams was having an elite striker on our hands. Look at the tens of millions that clubs like West Ham, Everton etc.. have spent going for strikers that haven't got to near what Vardy has done.

Vichai made mistakes but I think he knew when to rectify them.

We won't go back up next season if we don't sort our shit out.

We are on a downward trend yes. 

Something had to change. Otherwise the results will not. 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3111087/petty-expecting-tight-tottenham-battle

Ben Petty is anticipating another close encounter when Leicester City’s Development Squad tackle Tottenham Hotspur Under-21s this Friday.
More on this story...
Tottenham Trip For Leicester's Under-21s This Friday
- Leicester City’s Development Squad are up against Tottenham Hotspur on Friday
- Coach Ben Petty looks ahead to the Premier League 2 Division 1 encounter
- Both teams sit in precarious positions in the league table
- It ended all square when they met in the reverse fixture earlier this term

The pair face off at Lamex Stadium on Friday evening (7pm GMT kick-off) with plenty at stake, as the Foxes sit at the foot of the Premier League 2 Division 1 standings, six points behind Spurs, who are two points from safety themselves.

Leicester, due to face Manchester United in Monday’s postponed fixture, were denied the opportunity to try and bounce back from a run of three straight PL2 defeats, but preparations for their next encounter have not suffered as a result.

“We’re looking forward to the game,” Petty confirmed to LCFC.com this week. “Obviously, it was disappointing [not to play] on Monday, but everyone’s geared up to try and get a result on Friday.

29 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

@Ric Flair @moore_94 Either of you know much about Bobby Amartey?

He's a central midfielder and not played THAT much for the U18s, I certainly would have expected others to have gotten a chance before him but fair play to the lad. How Amani Richards still isn't getting a call up is a mystery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a central midfielder and not played THAT much for the U18s, I certainly would have expected others to have gotten a chance before him but fair play to the lad. How Amani Richards still isn't getting a call up is a mystery.

Glad Popov is back fit I rate him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nannypig7 said:

@Ric Flair @moore_94 Either of you know much about Bobby Amartey?

Nah not really, as @Ric Flair mentioned he hasn't even played that much for the under 18s this season, although has started the last 4 games for them

Got some good praise from Barradell after the Southampton win as well:

“There’s some real good credit to the staff and coaches for the work that is going on there. Kevon Gray made his debut for the Under-18s at centre-back. I thought he performed really well and so did Bobby Amartey, who is a first-year scholar, playing central midfield.

“He had an excellent game. There’s some real positives around the group but also collectively. There are things to work on but the all-round performance to keep a clean sheet and score two goals again is really pleasing.”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Nah not really, as @Ric Flair mentioned he hasn't even played that much for the under 18s this season, although has started the last 4 games for them

Got some good praise from Barradell after the Southampton win as well:

“There’s some real good credit to the staff and coaches for the work that is going on there. Kevon Gray made his debut for the Under-18s at centre-back. I thought he performed really well and so did Bobby Amartey, who is a first-year scholar, playing central midfield.

“He had an excellent game. There’s some real positives around the group but also collectively. There are things to work on but the all-round performance to keep a clean sheet and score two goals again is really pleasing.”

He is a central defender. 

He works very hard and keeps his head down. He joined the club late in academy terms, he was developed through the elite groups we had at Belvoir drive and I think he was u14 when he finally got an offer. 

I am so proud of him! 

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

He is a central defender. 

He works very hard and keeps his head down. He joined the club late in academy terms, he was developed through the elite groups we had at Belvoir drive and I think he was u14 when he finally got an offer. 

I am so proud of him! 

Have we just done the opposite to what we did with Daniel Amartey then? lol

Daniel Amartey went from defensive mid to centre back

Bobby Amartey looks to have gone from centre back to centre mid? (I imagine a more defensive minded centre mid / defensive mid)

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Have we just done the opposite to what we did with Daniel Amartey then? lol

Daniel Amartey went from defensive mid to centre back

Bobby Amartey looks to have gone from centre back to centre mid? (I imagine a more defensive minded centre mid / defensive mid)

He played his first game against WBA in midfield I was a bit shocked, but I felt it was a big vote of confidence in him. As technically you have to be better on the ball in midfield than at centre half of course. 

I am quite suprised and thrilled for him to be given an opportunity with the u21s. 

I am unaware as to why he was selected, but irrespective its a great sign for a young lad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kilworthfox said:

He played his first game against WBA in midfield I was a bit shocked, but I felt it was a big vote of confidence in him. As technically you have to be better on the ball in midfield than at centre half of course. 

I am quite suprised and thrilled for him to be given an opportunity with the u21s. 

I am unaware as to why he was selected, but irrespective its a great sign for a young lad. 

As we’re basically going down I’m not surprised seeing younger players being given a chance. I expect a huge overhaul in U21 along with the first team

Under 18s are playing away against Crystal Palace, kick off at 12:15

Addai, Cook, Ali, Lewis, Grist, Gray, Joseph, Briggs, King, Nyoni, Richards

Subs: French, Ononaye, Fisken, Thomas, Otchere

Can be watched at the link below but costs £3.49

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/palace-tv/video/stream/?id=0_gcj34xci&title=Palace U18s v Leicester U18s&matchId=2321203