Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Would anything happen to our academy status after relegation (for the U21s)? 

Nahh you just go down into Premier League 2 Division 2

Academy status is based around funding, facilities, how many coaches etc. so we would only drop to Cat 2 if we scaled back the academy

• Like 3

...a few minutes to go in this game 5-1 down, it is just like watching the ladies team!!!

We are weak in every department not just technically but as individuals. There is no urgency in this team, playing the possession game just does not work, no one seems to have the zest to compete.

We lose the ball and no one seeks to win it back. I would rather outworking a team  than jogging around trying to hold a position to satisfy the formation that was decided before we got on the pitch.

We deserve to go down, these players must be looking at themselves because they have no heart.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Any coaching repercussions of relegation? The academy is there to train players not win academy leagues, I know, yet it's hard to say we sacrificed the league to give the youngsters a chance at u21 football.

Ok I've tried to explain this a few times... We can act out the senarioos as to why nowt will change... 

Why would it be the coaches fault if they were relegated? 

BTW I agree it may be because of a inept coach, but it's not the only reason... 

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...a few minutes to go in this game 5-1 down, it is just like watching the ladies team!!!

We are weak in every department not just technically but as individuals. There is no urgency in this team, playing the possession game just does not work, no one seems to have the zest to compete.

We lose the ball and no one seeks to win it back. I would rather outworking a team  than jogging around trying to hold a position to satisfy the formation that was decided before we got on the pitch.

We deserve to go down, these players must be looking at themselves because they have no heart.

Maybe they've been watching / training with the first team :ph34r:

• Haha 1

“A dream come true” – Player delighted with Leicester transfer, family “super happy”
By Sean Lunt -19th March 2023

Leicester City youngster Nathaniel Opoku has shared his delight at joining the club from Syracuse in the January transfer window.

He’s today sat down for an interview with Het Nieuwsblad to discuss his career so far and the move to Leicester.

The 21-year-old moved from America at the end of January window, after a year in the US with the likes of LW Blue Raider, Ventura Country and then Syracuse.

He was immediately shipped out by Leicester after his arrival, moving to Belgian side OH Leuven until the end of the season.

He’s only made three appearances for them in the Jupiler Pro League since, with seven minutes against Royal Antwerp, ten against Zulte Waregem and then 74 against RSC Charleroi.

The move is very much a temporary one, with it likely that Leicester have sent him to Belgium to gain necessary experience ahead of him potentially starring at the Kingpower in the coming years.
That’s certainly the plan for him anyway, with him admitting that the move is a dream come true for him and his family.

“I had offers from the MLS, but the big European leagues is what I always dreamed of,” he told the newspaper.

“Leicester is certainly a dream come true. The difference in level is big with the NCAA, so a loan to OH Leuven was necessary.

“They (his family) were super happy. They have always supported me and now see that being rewarded.

“My mother has always said that she missed me so much since I left for the US, but now she sees that it has paid off.”

• Like 1

On 05/03/2023 at 22:27, Foxxed said:

If we can get Alves, Braybrooke and Nelson in the starting lineup we'll have done well.

Here's my cheapass Championship lineup for next season.

Iversen

WormL Amartey Nelson Thomas

Hamza

Alves Braybrooke KDH

Popov Barnes*

*In my dreams

Unbelievable how it’s all about the locals!!

28 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Club working on contracts for some of the U21s, Alves long term deal :thumbup:

Any news of contracts for first team players? I am sure the last first team contract was KDH last summer. Nearly a year since then..