Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Will the U21s ever win a game of football again? 

...we asked for the teams to be age appropriate, no more over aged players blocking the opportunity of younger up and coming students!!!

We gave lost Braybrooke and Alves but it does not explain the game I saw with our U18s.

There was no sense of playing to get unto the next rung of the ladder. Just jogging, after losing the ball, when the opposition is less than 10 yards away from you, is just is not something that should ever be encouraged. 

Perhaps we are looking for something else in our students development, but I would rather see them, going flat out to get noticed and at the same time, to win games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we asked for the teams to be age appropriate, no more over aged players blocking the opportunity of younger up and coming students!!!

We gave lost Braybrooke and Alves but it does not explain the game I saw with our U18s.

There was no sense of playing to get unto the next rung of the ladder. Just jogging, after losing the ball, when the opposition is less than 10 yards away from you, is just is not something that should ever be encouraged. 

Perhaps we are looking for something else in our students development, but I would rather see them, going flat out to get noticed and at the same time, to win games.

The better younger prospects have an opportunity because of those injuries you mention. So 1 misfortune becomes another's opportunity. 

Football is the same as in all aspects of life, if your not doing enough, you won't get the results you desire, individually or collectively. 

• Like 1

On 20/03/2023 at 18:50, Lambert09 said:

We love dishing out contracts when players are injured lol Tbf, theres not many opportunities when theyre not. 

Okay now I can see the long term strategy. Mysteriously injure all our decent players > Sign them to long term contracts at their lowest point > ????? > Profit

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Anyone got any news on how Sammy and Will are getting on with their rehab? I presume no news is good news and it's just going to take time....

A couple of months into ACL injuries, I'd say the update is don't expect either of them on Dancing On Ice or Strictly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Anyone got any news on how Sammy and Will are getting on with their rehab? I presume no news is good news and it's just going to take time....

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

A couple of months into ACL injuries, I'd say the update is don't expect either of them on Dancing On Ice or Strictly.

Can confirm this. I also wouldn't expect them to run the marathon next month. 

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Bit at 7:59 about youth team player Chris Popov!

.. Popov a winger..oh OK!!!

Seriously the coaching team at our club just have no idea.

I wonder if any of our academy players have any idea, which position they are actually suited to be, I get the impression that they have no idea.

40 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. Popov a winger..oh OK!!!

Seriously the coaching team at our club just have no idea.

I wonder if any of our academy players have any idea, which position they are actually suited to be, I get the impression that they have no idea.

To be fair he's more suited to playing up front IMO

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair he's more suited to playing up front IMO

...that is exactly what I think as well!!!

He was ready for the step up at one stage this season and you can see when it never happened everything about him dropped. I am a big fan of Popov,  much more talented than he is showing, just not been pushed quickly enough.

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is exactly what I think as well!!!

He was ready for the step up at one stage this season and you can see when it never happened everything about him dropped. I am a big fan of Popov,  much more talented than he is showing, just not been pushed quickly enough.

He's been injured for a good chunk of the season too, like most of the talented academy players we have on our books.

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Under 18s have won 2-1 away against Arsenal

image.png.562b14d50fef89f923f776a8b9bfc15e.png

Looks like it got really good at the end as well 

84' - Arsenal player got a straight red

85' - Amani Richards missed a penalty (I assume it was given for the above)

85' - Kevon Gray for us got a 2nd yellow card (not sure if this happened before or after the penalty)

88' - Amani Richards scores the winner

Amani Richards we of course signed from Arsenal as well

Addai, Cook, Ali, Lewis, Grist, Gray, Joseph, Nyoni, Richards, Briggs, Fisken

Subs: French, McAlinney, Ononaye, Thomas, King

Kevon Gray is a superb talent, 16/17 year old centre half. Was wondering when he might get a chance in the U18s.

...just had to take look!!!

Like the look of him, tall and range but good on the deck, also has vision, and can pick a pass. No hoofing it upfield, pretty much a modern day player,  drags the ball with his studs and beats his man effortlessly. 

Just worried that as he moves up he comes into contact with poor hapless coaches. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just had to take look!!!

Like the look of him, tall and range but good on the deck, also has vision, and can pick a pass. No hoofing it upfield, pretty much a modern day player,  drags the ball with his studs and beats his man effortlessly. 

Just worried that as he moves up he comes into contact with poor hapless coaches. 

We’ll have him at ansty nomads level by the time he’s 19 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Do you have inside knowledge or watch the coaches' training sessions? 

Not having a dig btw, just curious because you criticise them quite often. 

Edited by Pete52

2 hours ago, Pete52 said:

Do you have inside knowledge or watch the coaches' training sessions? 

Not having a dig btw, just curious because you criticise them quite often. 

.. and rightly so!!!

No, I  am not party to their training session but you can see that the players who go away from the club excel on loan. KDH was a revelation on loan, Barnes as well. Hamza is coming on nicely having his development curtailed by being a backup player  who on quite a few occasions had his loan failing to go through, due to us needing him as a standby.

Players are regressing massively under this present coaching regime.

Appiah came into the pre-season looking very assured and could pick out accurate crossfield balls and showed leadership at the back, yet now, you would not trust him with the ball.

Too many players carrying the same flaws not being corrected.

Rodgers previously said that we did not have an issue with defending set pieces, if he cannot see it, then what chance do we have.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. and rightly so!!!

No, I  am not party to their training session but you can see that the players who go away from the club excel on loan. KDH was a revelation on loan, Barnes as well. Hamza is coming on nicely having his development curtailed by being a backup player  who on quite a few occasions had his loan failing to go through, due to us needing him as a standby.

Players are regressing massively under this present coaching regime.

Appiah came into the pre-season looking very assured and could pick out accurate crossfield balls and showed leadership at the back, yet now, you would not trust him with the ball.

Too many players carrying the same flaws not being corrected.

Rodgers previously said that we did not have an issue with defending set pieces, if he cannot see it, then what chance do we have.

Have you not thought that with KDH, Barnes and Hamza's loans, that it may have something to do with playing at a lower than Premier League level, too? And that for KDH and Barnes, it was natural progression? Both of them have improved in the last few seasons at the club, too. I don't watch enough of the U21's to comment on Appiah. 

I think there are many factors to player development - think it's a bit assumptive to say that the coaches aren't any good without knowledge of their methods, no offence. 

In turn, you may also be correct, as it's just assumptions we're working with.

What would you say are those same flaws that players carry that aren't being corrected? Like I say, I don't watch much of the youth teams so would be interested to know. :)

• Like 1