Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

17 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just had to take look!!!

Like the look of him, tall and range but good on the deck, also has vision, and can pick a pass. No hoofing it upfield, pretty much a modern day player,  drags the ball with his studs and beats his man effortlessly. 

Just worried that as he moves up he comes into contact with poor hapless coaches. 

Are you suggesting he plays it out from the back, i thought we didn't want our CB's to do that

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. and rightly so!!!

No, I  am not party to their training session but you can see that the players who go away from the club excel on loan. KDH was a revelation on loan, Barnes as well. Hamza is coming on nicely having his development curtailed by being a backup player  who on quite a few occasions had his loan failing to go through, due to us needing him as a standby.

Players are regressing massively under this present coaching regime.

Appiah came into the pre-season looking very assured and could pick out accurate crossfield balls and showed leadership at the back, yet now, you would not trust him with the ball.

Too many players carrying the same flaws not being corrected.

Rodgers previously said that we did not have an issue with defending set pieces, if he cannot see it, then what chance do we have.

I agree..

I don't know what happened to that Rodgers we first gratefully got..

It just seems he and coaching staff went away together and somehow drove into alien rays were abducted & the return clones have been drained with  all that earlier mojo & positive perspective sucked out of them..

Returnee abductions

Just like Trump, Johnson,Macon.Putin

They don't even walk naturally...Take note if those boys in suits & dark glasses knock at your door sometime.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Are you suggesting he plays it out from the back, i thought we didn't want our CB's to do that

I think we want CBs to be playing using their skillsets - the ideal is a CB who can play it out from the back, but for example when your CB is Dan Amartey and he has a 50/50 shot of passing it to the opposition when under pressure then it's less ideal.

26 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

I think we want CBs to be playing using their skillsets - the ideal is a CB who can play it out from the back, but for example when your CB is Dan Amartey and he has a 50/50 shot of passing it to the opposition when under pressure then it's less ideal.

I get what your saying about Bambi but i feel its the concept of playing out from the back that many don't like regardless of personel but then a player only has to make 1 mistake in the current climate & they are tarred.

30 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

...quite obviously on the clips he progresses the ball himself or plays incisive passes to forwards in space!!!

He is very composed in difficult situations and very strong in the tackle.

There are other alternatives to passing it around the back, he is just a front footed positive player. We as a team seems to have been steered away from that type of football for possession sake. 

• Thanks 1

Don’t know if anyone knows or is a scout for LCFC but was talking to a chap I know who is a scout for Villa and was talking about a 16yr old lad from Stourport West Midlands who’s an amazing prospect, he tried to sign him for Villa but apparently they have filled their allocation, so if anyone is in the know of a scout or are let me know I’ll get you in touch with the Villa scout ?

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Don’t know if anyone knows or is a scout for LCFC but was talking to a chap I know who is a scout for Villa and was talking about a 16yr old lad from Stourport West Midlands who’s an amazing prospect, he tried to sign him for Villa but apparently they have filled their allocation, so if anyone is in the know of a scout or are let me know I’ll get you in touch with the Villa scout ?

I don’t think this will work getting your son signed up sorry mate 

Edited by BroughtonFox
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

@Kilworthfox might be a shout, I get the impression he knows some of the academy staff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I don’t work for villa but I’m pretty sure that if there was an amazing prospect, they’d work it out to fit him in 

I’d also say that it’s v v unusual for an amazing prospect to appear at 16 y o 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t work for villa but I’m pretty sure that if there was an amazing prospect, they’d work it out to fit him in 

I’d also say that it’s v v unusual for an amazing prospect to appear at 16 y o 

I’m no scout but was told this morning about this lad Villa can’t sign him but this guy John who scouts for them think they’re missing out on him, he’s had a few injuries but back in fine form by what he’s saying

Edited by justfoxes

17 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I'm not complaining about his absence but what's happened to Appiah? Was garbage the one time I've watched him live.

...along with Wout Faes, I have never seen a player disintegrate so quickly!!!

I thought we had a find when he first came on the scene, now you wouldn't trust him to cross the road on his own. 

I would just love to know what  happens behind closed doors?

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I thought we had a find when he first came on the scene, now you wouldn't trust him to cross the road on his own. 

Maybe their heads are filled with too many instructions on how to play in a way they are not used to or simply can't. So many of them seem to be be spending time thinking about what to do when they have the ball that they either get rob, their passes are intercepted or they pass the ball to no one or the opposition.

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

No he was just always crap. People just saw a lad who was big and strong 

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Maybe their heads are filled with too many instructions on how to play in a way they are not used to or simply can't. So many of them seem to be be spending time thinking about what to do when they have the ball that they either get rob, their passes are intercepted or they pass the ball to no one or the opposition.

...all their instincts seems to have been suppressed!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

No he was just always crap. People just saw a lad who was big and strong 

...he was much more than that!!!

Had an aura of leadership, good distributor and good with the ball on the floor.

He may have seem imposing at the back due to his size, but he offered a lot more, so far as I can see.

I seem to be encouraging players to get out of this club, in order to move ahead with their careers. 

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he was much more than that!!!

Had an aura of leadership, good distributor and good with the ball on the floor.

He may have seem imposing at the back due to his size, but he offered a lot more, so far as I can see.

I seem to be encouraging players to get out of this club, in order to move ahead with their careers. 

Yeah. It's weird. People initially raved about him. Then did an about face rather quickly. Progress isn't linear but I've not seen a player evoke so many different responses, often from the same people, so quickly. There is, or at least was, something to be worked with there. Whether we'll do it or not is another question.

• Like 1

@Kilworthfox would it be fair to say our diabolical track record of recruiting players aged 16-19 and through making it through to the first team is an indicator of the poor standard of coaches at U18 and U21 level, as opposed to those that do make it whom have tended to come through the age groups where the coaching standard seems to be much better?

Or is it because as a club we have never given merit in to trying to recruit quality prospects in that age group?