Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

On 01/04/2023 at 20:58, Sigma said:

Joshua King has been called up to the Czech U16 side for a tournament in France.   Does anyone have more info on him?   

https://repre.fotbal.cz/nominace/nominace/722

He's been extremely prolific for the U16s and stepped up to the U18s and started well. Honestly scored about 40-50 for the U16s in 2022.

On 01/04/2023 at 20:58, Sigma said:

Joshua King has been called up to the Czech U16 side for a tournament in France.   Does anyone have more info on him?   

https://repre.fotbal.cz/nominace/nominace/722

Decent player. Can certainly finish. Lots of development left in him but is promising. Reminds me of shinji okazaki in terms industrialism around the goal area

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Alves the likelier of the two as he was injured 6 weeks before Braybrooke.

Pity. Braybrooke looked ready for the Prem. Alves needed more time I thought.

It'd make next season a bit more tolerable to have Hamza screening the defence, and KDH and Braybrooke in midfield and Alves on as a sub to build up his experience.

If the Club are looking to freshen things up at U18- U21 levels, there is a German coach (Denis Kutrieb) who has just won National League South by a canter. I was Director of this Club when I lived in the UK and my contacts there are saying his style of play and tactics are apparently exceptional. Might bring some new ideas to the coaching of the younger players coming through at Seagrave- mInd you Rudders will not make such a radical move and upset his mates and weaken his control.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If the Club are looking to freshen things up at U18- U21 levels, there is a German coach (Denis Kutrieb) who has just won National League South by a canter. I was Director of this Club when I lived in the UK and my contacts there are saying his style of play and tactics are apparently exceptional. Might bring some new ideas to the coaching of the younger players coming through at Seagrave- mInd you Rudders will not make such a radical move and upset his mates and weaken his control.

I hadn't heard of him before but I'll definitely be paying attention from now on - very impressive 75% win ratio with Tennis Berlin in the German lower leagues before coming to Ebbsfleet and he's continued a great record there like you say. No doubt League 1/2 teams already have him on their radar!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lfu said:

I hadn't heard of him before but I'll definitely be paying attention from now on - very impressive 75% win ratio with Tennis Berlin in the German lower leagues before coming to Ebbsfleet and he's continued a great record there like you say. No doubt League 1/2 teams already have him on their radar!

Ric we have him in his money-ball data program already😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m yet to post in this thread, but have browsed before and enjoyed some of the great knowledge some posters have of our younger sides.

Ive been doing some digging around, and I see the U23s are bottom of premier league 2, 10 points from safety. Not sure how the youth sides are doing?

Did Brendan have a hand in setting the agenda for age groups and teams at the club? I’m sure I heard that before, but regardless of whether that’s true or not, there must be something absolutely rotten at the core of the club.

On 10/04/2023 at 14:24, mozartfox said:

...apart from new shiny signings from abroad,  there is nothing more than the excitement of up and coming youngster, in our academy, flourishing and perhaps on the verge of the first team!!!

We do need the revamp  but who has the foresight to implement it?

Unless Rudkin is prepared to be more open minded, nothing will change.

On 10/04/2023 at 17:10, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Did Brendan have a hand in setting the agenda for age groups and teams at the club? I’m sure I heard that before, but regardless of whether that’s true or not, there must be something absolutely rotten at the core of the club.

...part of his remit was the restructuring of the academy and the way we played, going through the whole club!!!

It seems that he blagged his way into this club, as he has little to no history of building anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, davieG said:

U18s lost 3-0

.. I  have watched them play before and it is not as if they are playing for their lives!!!

No one plays as if they are hell bent on being seen and getting into the first team. Yes it is all about developenent but you are not getting that sense of urgency from any of the age groups. 

We seem to have conditioned them into a process where we give them 4 years and they only seem fit to look to impress in the last 6 months.

A lot of people post that it is not about winning their individual leagues, but you have to strive to be competitive. 

New target for next season (if relegated) come back up and the next season top 3 or we will have a review and changes will be made.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. I  have watched them play before and it is not as if they are playing for their lives!!!

No one plays as if they are hell bent on being seen and getting into the first team. Yes it is all about developenent but you are not getting that sense of urgency from any of the age groups. 

We seem to have conditioned them into a process where we give them 4 years and they only seem fit to look to impress in the last 6 months.

A lot of people post that it is not about winning their individual leagues, but you have to strive to be competitive. 

New target for next season (if relegated) come back up and the next season top 3 or we will have a review and changes will be made.

The  club from U18 upwards have forgotten how to win games. Rodgers underlying mantra was we need to control the game but that on it's own doesn't win you games.

• Like 2