Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

On 01/04/2023 at 13:23, Kilworthfox said:

If we have players coming through from our own academy we wouldn't have such a big need to sign players to cover our own failings.  Something to consider perhaps? 

I agree that we could be more proactive, but it is not my responsibility. So it's not my place to intervene.  This is a mentality within the club! 

It is actually almost impossible to bring in a player from abroad under 18 now and would be deemed child trafficking. So the club have completely stopped with recruitment for players under 18. Even if they are educated in the UK! 

We have a Man U 'pre academy' coach coming down to visit in June - he's going to South Africa too. They don't seem too worried about looking abroad.

Hopefully given my boy is British will make it easier for him to get selected though :)

14 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

We have a Man U 'pre academy' coach coming down to visit in June - he's going to South Africa too. They don't seem too worried about looking abroad.

Hopefully given my boy is British will make it easier for him to get selected though :)

Who cares what they do? 

4 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Who cares what they do? 

What an odd response.

You said it was nearly impossible to recruit from abroad. I pointed out that Man U have a pre academy coach visiting Africa. Therefore, probably not too impossible.

Always good to keep an eye on what other clubs are doing. Especially when we can improve.

7 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

What an odd response.

You said it was nearly impossible to recruit from abroad. I pointed out that Man U have a pre academy coach visiting Africa. Therefore, probably not too impossible.

Always good to keep an eye on what other clubs are doing. Especially when we can improve.

A pre academy coach is going to Africa is completely pointless. 

Firstly if they are a pre academy coach they will (or should?) know the F.A rules regarding signing players under 12 years old, which is that they have to live within 60 minutes travel time of the training ground. I do not belive any location in Africa is within this time frame, so who cares where a random coach goes on his holidays?

Also when one is successful within their role, you rarely have much interest in what your contemporaries are doing. Just take care of your responsibilites as best you can. 

I have as much interest in Manchester United as I do any random team you care to mention. My focus is solely Leicester City and our best interests. 

You may not agree, but it's not my chosen method of thinking and it's working for me very well. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

What an odd response.

It is near impossible due to work permit rules.

Because to make it work you’d have to get the entire family move over as an unit. Whereas before with an EU passport meant clubs got get their parents job quite easy, it’s near impossible now without a substantial career behind them. 

I suspect that this will be more Man U charging for the service rather than them actively scouting. All of the super clubs run ‘soccer schools’. Real Madrid ran one last summer in Alvechurch, Worcestershire. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Because to make it work you’d have to get the entire family move over as an unit. Whereas before with an EU passport meant clubs got get their parents job quite easy, it’s near impossible now without a substantial career behind them. 

I suspect that this will be more Man U charging for the service rather than them actively scouting. All of the super clubs run ‘soccer schools’. Real Madrid ran one last summer in Alvechurch, Worcestershire. 

It's actually modern slavery / child trafficking so I highly doubt any club in the U.K now wants this kind of publicity. 

The old ways of for example Fabregas at Arsenal at 16 would now never be allowed and would be suicide for the clubs reputation / brand. 

1 hour ago, Kilworthfox said:

It's actually modern slavery / child trafficking so I highly doubt any club in the U.K now wants this kind of publicity. 

The old ways of for example Fabregas at Arsenal at 16 would now never be allowed and would be suicide for the clubs reputation / brand. 

I suspect it still goes on though within reason. Parents of hugely talented footballers, especially from poorer countries, if they spot an opportunity that they could realistically relocate to a certain country and then place their child in a professional academy then they'd be very happy to do so.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect it still goes on though within reason. Parents of hugely talented footballers, especially from poorer countries, if they spot an opportunity that they could realistically relocate to a certain country and then place their child in a professional academy then they'd be very happy to do so.

I don't think so. I'd be suprised to hear of any examples post brexit. 

Even Irish boys now have to wait and we have longstanding historical work agreements with Ireland. 

If you have an example, I am sure the FA would be interested. 

46 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

I don't think so. I'd be suprised to hear of any examples post brexit. 

Even Irish boys now have to wait and we have longstanding historical work agreements with Ireland. 

If you have an example, I am sure the FA would be interested. 

Theoretically if the parents can obtain a visa to work and live in Great Britain then it's possible. It's become harder but not impossible. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Theoretically if the parents can obtain a visa to work and live in Great Britain then it's possible. It's become harder but not impossible. 

Yes this can, and has happened naturally from abroad. 

Some unethical clubs engineer moves domestically so they sign players that moved into their catchment area, for players in the pre academy. Completely crazy! 

• Like 2

On 18/04/2023 at 11:58, CosbehFox said:

Not quite. It's similar. But not the same. It is 'pre' academy, so they are scouting and will keep tabs.

My son was at a Barca academy, not a summer thing, before it changed to Atletico.

Kids from the Barca academy went to Spain to train and got signed there. We've not had any PL success yet! (Daka wasn't with us and might not count!).

And as someone working on a visa for my wife, yeah the visa process is a pain.