Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

Full Time - Leicester Under 21s 1-4 Everton Under 21s

There it is then, the under 21s are relegated from Premier League 2 Division 1.

Unless something amazing happens in their remaining games they will finish the season bottom of the league.

image.png.20cd37a49ee1bace9f5698cfe55b7cd3.png

Utter shite.

I find it hard to believe the loans team will find it as easy/hard to get loans for our players when the u21s are playing a league lower.

Nor will it be as easy for our new manager to assess how good a player is when they're playing a league lower.

The manager and first team are going to have to pick up the slack next season.

Hopefully next season there’s a full sweep of changes, first team management, u21 management, did we ever replace the u18 one who was well respected that came for a couple of month? Who replaced Peake when he retired? New manager came shape the academy how they want them in terms of management and everyone on same hymn sheet.

only positive I can think of at the minute as the 21s and 18s have been very poo this season! 

also does anyone know the contract situations of any? How many are out of contract and potentially getting released? 

Edited by Lesta2014

18 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Hopefully next season there’s a full sweep of changes, first team management, u21 management, did we ever replace the u18 one who was well respected that came for a couple of month? Who replaced Peake when he retired? New manager came shape the academy how they want them in terms of management and everyone on same hymn sheet.

only positive I can think of at the minute as the 21s and 18s have been very poo this season! 

also does anyone know the contract situations of any? How many are out of contract and potentially getting released? 

I don't think we want a manager to shape the academy. We want to have a structure in place which is head coach agnostic—that has to be lead by the Director of Football.

From what some on here say, that's exactly what's been happening with Rudkin. And here we are.

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think we still should be

Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, and Southampton are in Division 2 this season yet also had teams in the Papa Johns

How on earth are Villa back in PL2 div 2, didn't they win the whole thing 2 years ago? Hahahaa

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Utter shite.

I find it hard to believe the loans team will find it as easy/hard to get loans for our players when the u21s are playing a league lower.

Nor will it be as easy for our new manager to assess how good a player is when they're playing a league lower.

The manager and first team are going to have to pick up the slack next season.

It makes chuff all difference.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Southampton's academy director leaving, I'd hope we're trying to get him.

Aside from McGuiness when did we last invest in the development side?

it’s alright having a shiny training ground but if you don’t also invest in elite, progressive coaches what’s the point?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1