Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Another who needs releasing to the National league, shame on Rodgers for being his go to player whenever we were short.

Think petty influence…… .released over age player, gets first team mins, captain for a side he is too old for…..got to be villa influence from petty,

makes no sense otherwise…..hopefully smith and co can have a more balanced set up,

already seeing this with first team.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I have no idea how much it costs to run the academy, but it is money totally being wasted. None of these players have a hope of making it to the first team, may as well shut the whole thing down

...Braybrooke, Alves, Wormleighton, and Madivadua are players we are looking to come through!!!

All it takes is for two of those to come through and it will reap great sums of money, my bet is on Braybrooke and Wormleighton.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

I have no idea how much it costs to run the academy, but it is money totally being wasted. None of these players have a hope of making it to the first team, may as well shut the whole thing down

Costs a few million a year I believe, its small fry to the gains that we've received from Chilwell, Barnes, KDH and others. I mean we sold Sowah for £9m and he never even stepped foot in our academy but was signed as a 18 year old. Pays for the academy for 3 years.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Same Academy which has developed Chilwell sold for 45m, how much is Barnes and KDH worth?

• Like 1

Seems a bit blinkered to me to judge these players on current performances when most people seem to have serious doubts about the ethos and quality of the coaching. It all seems to me to be a carbon copy of the 1st team squad where they have been performing well below what we know they can achieve. Maybe  this is a manifestation of a club wide affliction. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

The best players are out on loan (as they should be) or have long term injuries. 

• Like 2

Really hope Braybrooke and Alves break through next season, regardless of the league we find ourselves in.

Very little from the academy this season, although you could count Braybrooke before his injury.

The loans have been promising at least. Nelson, Stolarczyk and McAteer could do with having another good loan.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Really hope Braybrooke and Alves break through next season, regardless of the league we find ourselves in.

Very little from the academy this season, although you could count Braybrooke before his injury.

The loans have been promising at least. Nelson, Stolarczyk and McAteer could do with having another good loan.

We’ve seen from JJ and Ricky how difficult it can be to come back from ACL’s the same player

got to give them time (which isn’t the case with first team players who we need back) - wouldn’t surprise me if you don’t see much of them in competitive action this calendar year 

they have youth on their side which generally helps with recovery

• Like 4