Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

33 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Thought it was pretty obvious without the link to be honest. 

Ok well it's not. 

He didn't. 

Note the big deal made by the clubs media department, when the academy kids and first team trained together, even Shakey and Terry were involved. 

This never happened under BR as he had no interest in the academy. 

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People seems to be of the opinion that every player in the academy is there to make it.

You have a genuine few who can Braybrooke, Alves etc.

The rest are generally filler to get an 11 on the pitch.

It is estimated that of the 1.5 million players who are playing organised youth football in England at any one time, around 180 - or 0.012% - will make it as a Premier League professional.

Trent Alexander-Arnold on football academies and release of players

Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold knows he is one of the lucky ones.

Premier League champion, Champions League winner, England international. The 24-year-old defender has dedicated almost two decades - since joining Liverpool aged six - to reach the very top of the game, with all the glory and financial rewards that come with it.

But for every Trent Alexander-Arnold there are hundreds of thousands of youngsters whose dreams falter - and the effects can be devastating.

In response, Alexander-Arnold is launching the 'The After Academy', an initiative focused on providing career opportunities to former academy players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65399672

• Like 4

Under 18s are currently playing away against Spurs in their final game of the season

Half time and losing 2-0

Bausor, Grist, Joseph, Lewis, McAlinney, Grist, Richards, Nyoni, King, Evans, Briggs

Subs: Aluko, Donohue, Neale, Ononaye, Fisken

• Thanks 1

Under 18s final game of the season ends with a 3-3 draw, having gone 3-2 ahead after initially being 2-0 down

They are currently in 7th, but could drop down to 9th depending on the results of West Brom vs Fulham and Southampton vs Arsenal next week

image.png.81693edf4888d5cb7fe793317d9bd3e8.png

image.png.67f17713f222ca2b904fe84163752144.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Costs a few million a year I believe, its small fry to the gains that we've received from Chilwell, Barnes, KDH and others. I mean we sold Sowah for £9m and he never even stepped foot in our academy but was signed as a 18 year old. Pays for the academy for 3 years.

Costs between £5M and £9M a year depending on who you listen to

• Like 1

remove Rudkin as DOF, appoints someone of top quality, finally replace Rudkin as Head of the Academy, something he would never allow and remove his acolytes from coaching roles and we will have a good starting point with some decent talent to work with.

• Thanks 1

Read an extract from something earlier that Alexander-arnold is starting a programme to support those who get released from academies.

I'd be interested to know from those of you who are close to the academy if that sort of thing is needed, or if it should be a case of those released should just move into normal life as everyone else does. 

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Read an extract from something earlier that Alexander-arnold is starting a programme to support those who get released from academies.

I'd be interested to know from those of you who are close to the academy if that sort of thing is needed, or if it should be a case of those released should just move into normal life as everyone else does. 

...for some parents, there is a lack of knowledge as to, what now!!!

In families where football is just something the children do, and the parents, they have never attended a game and have no loyalties to a team, their knowledge of the workings of the game is non-existent and so have no idea what to do, when their son or daughter is released from the club's academy.

There are avenues that can be pursued, where a network would provide the possibility of trials at other clubs, affording the student to work their way back from what is perceived as a lesser club as they had previously spent 5 years in a category 1 established club.

Opportunities are there for another chance to make it, but unless you know, you just have little chance of giving your child the help and support when he/she most needs it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Any news on Braybrooke and Alves recoveries? If we drop, I hope the silver lining is opportunities for these lads. Perhaps one or both of them can become superstars.

I think they both got injured around December so I’d hope they are close to recovery now

...send them off to OHL, would be the best thing for both clubs!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Any news on Braybrooke and Alves recoveries? If we drop, I hope the silver lining is opportunities for these lads. Perhaps one or both of them can become superstars.

I think they both got injured around December so I’d hope they are close to recovery now

Alves was late dec and sammy end jan. Suspect neither will be fully up to speed before the very end of the year 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Alves was late dec and sammy end jan. Suspect neither will be fully up to speed before the very end of the year 

Yeah, we might start to see Alves back training in pre-season but I'd imagine he's not back playing until Sep/Oct. Braybrooke a month or two later, so frustrating for them both.