Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

I want to see Braybrooke get some more minutes in the next friendly, and not just against tired legs. KDH, Braybrooke and possibility Alvez look a real possibility for our midfield next season. I half wonder if we could use Braybrooke this season.

• Like 3

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfers-everton-chelsea-7346201

Latest Leicester City transfer news from LeicestershireLive as former Everton defender Sebastian Kristensen appears to be on trial with the club

Former Everton defender Sebastian Kristensen appears to be on trial at Leicester City.

The 19-year-old featured alongside fellow trialist Paul Appiah at centre-back as City's under-21s beat Stratford Town in a pre-season friendly on Friday.

Kristensen was released by Everton at the end of last season upon the expiry of his contract. He struggled to break through into their under-23 squad on a regular basis. He was a mainstay for their under-18s, however, and Leicester are now casting an eye over the Dane.

He joined Everton from Lyngby BK in his homeland back in 2019, though did not arrive until the winter of 2020 due to a head injury. He spent a little over two years at the club but was not offered terms on a fresh deal.

Former Aston Villa defender Paul Appiah earned another outing alongside Deniche Hill, the Bermuda international. The duo featured against both Notts County and Barwell earlier in pre-season.

Buriram United striker Suphanat Mueanta got another outing and this time was joined by teammate Rattanakorn Maikami. The duo are being joined by their Buriram colleague Supachai Chaided at City for the month. Chelsea defender Luke Badley-Morgan appears to have featured once more after an outing at Barwell, though his name was listed as Daniel on the official teamsheet.

City under-21s are due to face local side Aylestone Park in heat of 37 degrees celsius this evening (Monday). With the game still set to go ahead at the time of writing, it is set to be an incredibly tough physical challenge for the young Foxes.

• Like 2

On 17/07/2022 at 07:28, Foxxed said:

I want to see Braybrooke get some more minutes in the next friendly, and not just against tired legs. KDH, Braybrooke and possibility Alvez look a real possibility for our midfield next season. I half wonder if we could use Braybrooke this season.

That will never ever be our midfield next season lol 

48 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Any idea on the line up? 

Not sure of the lineup but the stand out players for Leicester were the Goalkeeper, number 8 who played centre mid, and the left back who wore number 3. 

Kasey Mcateer came on, Sammy Braybrooke was there but didn’t come on apparently he’s going out on loan 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Went down Aylestone Park tonight to watch them against a select Leicester City XI. 

Odunze in goal, a real man mountain, pulled off some outstanding saves and really commands his box. Kicking dubious. 

Deniche Hill, the new signing at left wing back, best player on the pitch for me, he was outstanding and if he can bulk up a little, could be a real prospect. 

Didn’t think much to the rest. The Thai trialists seemed way off the pace. Fitzhugh very lively when he came on.

....I am sure I saw him play before and he is quite an amazing shot-stopper, he handles the ball well with great reflexes!!!

He gave me little confidence with the ball at his feet as anything played back to him gave the impression of being indecisive. Hill looked lively against Notts County, tried too hard and things did not come off for him. Glad he had better luck tonight.

9 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Went down Aylestone Park tonight to watch them against a select Leicester City XI. 

Odunze in goal, a real man mountain, pulled off some outstanding saves and really commands his box. Kicking dubious. 

Deniche Hill, the new signing at left wing back, best player on the pitch for me, he was outstanding and if he can bulk up a little, could be a real prospect. 

Didn’t think much to the rest. The Thai trialists seemed way off the pace. Fitzhugh very lively when he came on.

Sounds like Hill might be worth a years contract. We've very little coming through at left back/left wing back so he could have an opportunity to play regularly for the U23's.

11 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Not sure of the lineup but the stand out players for Leicester were the Goalkeeper, number 8 who played centre mid, and the left back who wore number 3. 

Kasey Mcateer came on, Sammy Braybrooke was there but didn’t come on apparently he’s going out on loan 

I hope we see more of Braybrooke before he goes on loan. With some decent performances he could attract Championship attention

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Any ideas when we might see some loan action? I’d imagine we’d have a few playing between the Championship and League Two. Are those clubs starting to make their loan signings yet?

Majority of our loans in previous seasons have gone out in August

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Brendan needs to be honest in his intentions this season. I know he's every right to want to keep plenty of U23 players back in case of an emergency but he needs to decide if he's serious about giving some of them a chance and make a statement given he's not being backed in the transfer market or for the benefit of player and club get the likes of Wanya Marca, Nelson, Braybrooke, Popov, Brunt, Wormleighton, Pennant and the 20 keepers we've got out on loan. 

Next summer is going to see a big squad change and we need a % of those to be filled by academy players ready to step up, if that's by getting some game time with us this season to prove their worth and us prove we want them to be part of our future or by them going on loan this season and making a name for themselves like many others have done previously.

Also giving players a 15minute cameo for their debut does not equal promoting youth and giving them a chance. 

They need a run of sub appearances at the very least, so they can prove themselves. Brunt was on the bench for two games after Watford but didn’t get any minutes. I know he’s not our best talent but he should have been rewarded for his MOTM performance.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shane said:

Also giving players a 15minute cameo for their debut does not equal promoting youth and giving them a chance. 

They need a run of sub appearances at the very least, so they can prove themselves. Brunt was on the bench for two games after Watford but didn’t get any minutes. I know he’s not our best talent but he should have been rewarded for his MOTM performance.  

Bringing brunt on to play when the game was done against Tottenham was hardly productive either. 

It’s a brave manager who brings on an inexperienced youngster when you’re chasing or holding on to game. 

Not many do that’s for sure.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Brendan needs to be honest in his intentions this season. I know he's every right to want to keep plenty of U23 players back in case of an emergency but he needs to decide if he's serious about giving some of them a chance and make a statement given he's not being backed in the transfer market or for the benefit of player and club get the likes of Wanya Marca, Nelson, Braybrooke, Popov, Brunt, Wormleighton, Pennant and the 20 keepers we've got out on loan. 

Next summer is going to see a big squad change and we need a % of those to be filled by academy players ready to step up, if that's by getting some game time with us this season to prove their worth and us prove we want them to be part of our future or by them going on loan this season and making a name for themselves like many others have done previously.

This this and this. Commit to it early and explain the pros and potential cons and people can't be shocked.

Don't keep them back and then decide you're too concerned about their ability to step up and have them waste another season playing development footie when they could be playing mens footie.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davieG said:

It’s a brave manager who brings on an inexperienced youngster when you’re chasing or holding on to game. 

Not many do that’s for sure.

Puel did with Hamza a few seasons back when we were holding on to a one goal lead against Tottnum. And it worked. Proud of the lad that night. 

• Like 2