Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

They must see him as a sellable player.

Also, we need to play him more if we're trying to sell him. He's decent and could flourish in the championship I reckon, but he's been around for a while now and at 22 he needs more playing time than the odd u23 match. I think Luton were interested but we refused to sell him.

Just now, Foxxed said:

Also, we need to play him more if we're trying to sell him. He's decent and could flourish in the championship I reckon, but he's been around for a while now and at 22 he needs more playing time than the odd u23 match. I think Luton were interested but we refused to sell him.

100% but he's not playing here, needs a loan. 

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

What a strange decision if true! 

...the club could just be helping him out!!!

This club operates as a family and seeks to look after their own. A two year extension with a potential view to sell does seem strange.

Get him out on loan into central midfield,  he lacks pace but needs to step up as he could become a leader, but he needs to realise that himself, people's assessment of him will not be what he wants to be.

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Given the fact that VDC surprisingly signed for a Championship club after an awful loan (and release by the club), I think a good loan move for Leshabela could turn a profit.

In the end, nickel-and-dime sells from the development squad add up.

Chelsea's FFS has been helped for years with their academy transfers, both loans and selling

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Nowhere near good enough for that level

I didn’t think Sowah would be but he proved me wrong and got a good fee for him in the end. Not much between those two imo 

24 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

I didn’t think Sowah would be but he proved me wrong and got a good fee for him in the end. Not much between those two imo 

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that Sowah would not good enoigh to play for OHL when he never played a game here at any level?

On what basis? 

5 hours ago, Nannypig7 said:

...Sowah had a good season at OHL, then he started to believe his own press!!!

He was sold to Brugge (surprisingly) for £7m but wasn't getting the game time. Moved out on loan to AZ Alkmaar.

50 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Sowah had a good season at OHL, then he started to believe his own press!!!

He was sold to Brugge (surprisingly) for £7m but wasn't getting the game time. Moved out on loan to AZ Alkmaar.

Yeah he’s not done good since his move to Club Brugge hopefully he can turn it around 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Seen a rumour on twitter Leshabela is going on loan to Crewe in League 2 for the season

...sad if that's true, he is better than that!!!

He needs to view this potential move as not an extension of his Leicester development but a chance to find out who he is. If there is a position that he wants to play that he believes he should be playing,  then he needs to say so and if the club does not back him, then he needs to find his own path.

He needs to decide right now, what he wants for his career. 

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...sad if that's true, he is better than that!!!

He needs to view this potential move as not an extension of his Leicester development but a chance to find out who he is. If there is a position that he wants to play that he believes he should be playing,  then he needs to say so and if the club does not back him, then he needs to find his own path.

He needs to decide right now, what he wants for his career. 

I would say it is probably about right for him

Seems like he isn’t quite League 1 level, so joining Crewe who have just been relegated and should be competing towards the top of League 2 will be a good move for him

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nannypig7 said:

0E7484A4-21DD-4920-BB7B-1F976665A604.jpeg

A story on this here: https://khelnow.com/football/next-gen-cup-2022-kbfc-bfc-fixtures-schedule-teams-venues-results-live-streaming

EDIT: Matches are supposedly being streamed live on the ISL YouTube page (Crystal Palace is also streaming their matches on their website, but there has been no announcement from LCFC). https://www.youtube.com/c/IndianSuperLeague/featured

The Premier League’s deep-rooted relationship with India’s top flight league Indian Super League (ISL) has led to the emergence of the Premier League NextGen Cup. The Next Gen Cup 2022 is all set to start on July 27 in the United Kingdom.

The youth teams of Indian Super League clubs will get a chance to test their mettle against the youth teams of Premier League clubs. Kerala Blasters and Bengaluru FC will represent India at the global forum following their success at the Reliance Foundation Development League (RFDL).

With the tourney not far away from making its debut in the United Kingdom, we take a look at what it is all about

About the Tournament

As mentioned above, the Next Gen Cup is a by-product of the ISL’s long standing relationship with the Premier League. The tournament is a first of its kind to feature the developmental sides of ISL and PL clubs. 

It will allow the young guns of ISL to unleash their potential on the global stage for everyone to see. The tournament started two years ago in Navi Mumbai where the youth sides of Premier League clubs went head-to-head against the youth sides of ISL clubs.

Chelsea’s U-14 side emerged as the inaugural champions of the NextGen Cup in 2020. 

This year the FSDL conducted its first RF Developmental League where seven ISL sides and the RF Youth Champs went up against each other for a place at the NextGen Cup. While Bengaluru FC were crowned champions, Kerala Blasters finished as the runners up and sealed a trip to the UK.

The latest edition of the NextGen Cup will feature five youth teams of Premier League clubs, two youth teams from the ISL and one academy side from South Africa.

Teams

A total of eight teams are participating in the 2022 edition of the Next Gen Cup. The Premier League youth teams include – West Ham United, Leicester City, Crystal Palace, Nottingham Forest and Tottenham Hotspur. South Africa’s academy side Stellenbosch FC are the other team apart from Kerala Blasters and Bengaluru FC.

Midlands Group (A)

• Bengaluru FC
  • Leicester City
  • Nottingham Forest
  • Stellenbosch FC

London Group (B)

• Crystal Palace
  • Kerala Blasters FC
  • Tottenham Hotspur
  • West Ham United

Fixtures

July 27

Midlands Group A

Leicester City vs Bengaluru FC, 9:30 PM IST

Nottingham Forest vs Stellenbosch FC, 10:20 PM IST

London Group B

Tottenham Hotspur vs Kerala Blasters, 3:30 PM IST

Crystal Palace vs West Ham United, 5:30 PM IST

July 30

Midlands Group A

3rd Place: Match 1 loser vs Match 2 loser, 2:30 PM IST

Final: Match 1 winner vs Match 2 winner, 5:30 PM IST

London Group B

3rd Place: Match 1 loser vs Match 2 loser, 3:00 PM IST

Final: Match 1 winner vs Match 2 winner, 6:00 PM IST

Venues

The matches will take place at the Tottenham Hotspur ground for Group B. For Group A the matches will be played at the Leicester City ground.

Format

The tournament will feature eight teams in total, five from the United Kingdom (Premier League), two from India and one from South Africa. Teams have been divided into two groups of four teams each. There will only be one group stage match for all teams which means there’ll be no time to settle. 

The winners of the first match will play the winner of the second match in a group finale, while the loser of the first match will play the loser of the second match to decide the 3rd and 4th placed teams.

Edited by MarriedaLeicesterGirl
Added YouTube link
  • Like 2