Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

On 26/07/2022 at 09:36, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

July 30

Midlands Group A

3rd Place: Match 1 loser vs Match 2 loser, 2:30 PM IST

Final: Match 1 winner vs Match 2 winner, 5:30 PM IST

London Group B

3rd Place: Match 1 loser vs Match 2 loser, 3:00 PM IST

Final: Match 1 winner vs Match 2 winner, 6:00 PM IST

Looks like we will be playing Stellenbosch FC at 1pm on Saturday.

I do wonder why the club has done zero promotion of this. I thought it might be because they planned on putting our a weak team (like when that U.S. university team visited last season), but they probably went as strong as they could with U19 (only missing Braybooke and Nelson.) I mean, it's a chance to highlight the training ground and build ties with the ISL.

17 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Cheers, I would have missed that if it weren't for the link.

It's great we're giving Alves the armband. He was drawing fouls all over the place and had some nice touches. Popov was electric everytime he got the ball. I'd say our most exciting player in the 25 minutes I watched. Jayden Joseph looks to be a good prospect too. Jayden Joseph, Ben Grist and Popov were great down that right wing, with Alves weaving in from central midfield. Around the 25 minute mark Alves and Popov had a great interchange leading to the third or forth. I'm looking forward to watching more of those four in the u23s.

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Would have preferred a league 1 club but probably best he goes somewhere he can nail down a starting position all season. Good learning curve for a defender at that level. 

Totally this and at 18 and playing CB getting that first loan won't have been easy.

• Like 1

18 years old in League Two will be a tough learning curve. If he comes through and shows his class he'll develop no end with the physical side of the game as well.

Does anyone know how Rochdale play? Are they a possession-based side?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd have pitched him at a higher level than that already but at 18 he's got plenty of time on his side and hopefully he dominates that level and comes in to consideration for the 1st team in 2023/24 or at least a loan to the Championship.

Good to see the deals are being lined up now though.

The main thing is he plays.

Rather he get 20-30 games at league 2, then 5-10 at Championship.

Hopefully, he will do a KDH and level up each season. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't fathom out how Braybrooke hasn't gone on loan yet? Supposedly had a deal agreed with Oxford for weeks now and if not then our club need to get our finger out. We've a good crop who ought to be arranged loan moves to decent clubs this summer, have we replaced Guy Branston yet as the loans manager? 

....there seems to be upheaval in our structure throughout and we are reacting to things as they happen as opposed to any forward planning!!!

If Branston has not been replaced and a process and mandate put in place, we have got to take a look at where Susan Whelan is in respect of the deficiencies all over the club. A new medical doctor was recently brought in, why was the replacement not there as soon as the previous doctor went out the door?

New Director coming from Southampton (even though the consensus is that he is an asset, I have my doubts) the fact that he is contracted to start in September is beyond belief. There seems to be little joined-up thinking going on at this moment, we need someone sitting down with a plan for the next 5 years and putting processes in place to be ahead of our needs.

Let us become proactive again, as we were at the start of this journey, we are doing ourselves no favors.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....there seems to be upheaval in our structure throughout and we are reacting to things as they happen as opposed to any forward planning!!!

If Branston has not been replaced and a process and mandate put in place, we have got to take a look at where Susan Whelan is in respect of the deficiencies all over the club. A new medical doctor was recently brought in, why was the replacement not there as soon as the previous doctor went out the door?

New Director coming from Southampton (even though the consensus is that he is an asset, I have my doubts) the fact that he is contracted to start in September is beyond belief. There seems to be little joined-up thinking going on at this moment, we need someone sitting down with a plan for the next 5 years and putting processes in place to be ahead of our needs.

Let us become proactive again, as we were at the start of this journey, we are doing ourselves no favors.

Regarding the bold, I'm sure the club had little choice. He probably has a clause in his contract to say he has to wait a period of time before working for a competitor. 

In my contract for example, I cannot work for a competitor for 6 months after leaving my post. 

I doubt this is something that the club had any choice in. Easy to blame them for it though without knowing the full facts.

5 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Regarding the bold, I'm sure the club had little choice. He probably has a clause in his contract to say he has to wait a period of time before working for a competitor. 

In my contract for example, I cannot work for a competitor for 6 months after leaving my post. 

I doubt this is something that the club had any choice in. Easy to blame them for it though without knowing the full facts.

....if I knew it would take 6 months to bring you in, at a time in the year where it was essential to have someone in the position, I would have looked elsewhere!!!

Whether your scenario was what did actually happen, it still beggars belief that we allowed that situation to happen. It was too important for us not to have had someone in position at this time of the season.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if I knew it would take 6 months to bring you in, at a time in the year where it was essential to have someone in the position, I would have looked elsewhere!!!

Whether your scenario was what did actually happen, it still beggars belief that we allowed that situation to happen. It was too important for us not to have had someone in position at this time of the season.

It's probably an industry standard. The question is if they had enough notice to recruit someone sooner 

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it all comes back to long-term planning...no one seems to be doing it!!!

Sometimes if you want someone badly enough, you'll wait for them. If they're the right guy, it's worth some short-term difficulties for the long-term gain.

Liverpool waited six months for Van Dijk instead of spending the money (or a huge chunk if it) on somebody who isn't as good, which would've left them unable to afford Van Dijk in the next window. Van Dijk could've ended up at Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea and Liverpool may have never won the Champions League or Premier League when they did.

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Wonder if we will see one or two more go on loan today, usually one does on the Friday before EFL season starts. Seems we like our youths to get fit for pre season with us before going on loan! 

I'd be shocked if 4 or 5 of them don't leave in the next few weeks, maybe even more.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2022 at 11:11, Ric Flair said:

I'd have pitched him at a higher level than that already but at 18 he's got plenty of time on his side and hopefully he dominates that level and comes in to consideration for the 1st team in 2023/24 or at least a loan to the Championship.

Good to see the deals are being lined up now though.

Hopefully a year in League 2 with some experienced pros will help him develop that physicality of the game, that desire to just throw himself in the way next to pros who will be desperate not to go down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Hopefully a year in League 2 with some experienced pros will help him develop that physicality of the game, that desire to just throw himself in the way next to pros who will be desperate not to go down.

I think it's a good level to start as he's already starting much earlier than Callum Wright and KDH in LG2. Plus, I agree about your point of being next to pros every week as it's experience next to senior players possibly working for their families where you need to perform in the present for a living and at 18, that could really elevate him to the next level in terms of maturity for example.

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Hirst, and then probably Wright too, if a couple of Praet, Hamza, Mendy, Soumare don't move on. 

I kind of hope Wright sticks around due to the limited recourses on the wide areas. If he's willing he could really work into that spot like KDH did when waiting to around December time.

• Like 1