Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Tbf, he could maybe become the new Perez as a "wide 10" that Rodgers seems to like on the right. It's just whether or not we can register him, depending on outgoings and if we bring anyone in. 

Hmm that is true, there's definetly places we can do that like Vestergaard for a U21 CB or even Choudhury sold/loaned. Would Stolarcyk count as U21 to replace one of last year's GK's?

1 minute ago, FoxesCJ30 said:

Hmm that is true, there's definetly places we can do that like Vestergaard for a U21 CB or even Choudhury sold/loaned. Would Stolarcyk count as U21 to replace one of last year's GK's?

Yeah he would have to be registered, hopefully he gets a loan though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Who are you thinking Stolarczyk, Baybrooke, Brunt, McAteer, Popov? Anyone else possibly heading out?

The likes of Hirst and Eppiah really need to get permanent moves now, I'm surprised what's happened with Hirst this summer I can only imagine he's got injured bit either way we should look to get a fee for him and a big sell on clause and let go.

Callum Wright I hope gets a place in the 25 man PL squad or at least a loan move to the Championship after being offered a new 3 year deal here.

Those I think will get a loan would be at least one of Brad Young, Odunze or Stolarczyk. All of the following need loan moves to kick on IMO - McAteer, Brunt, Braybrooke, Wanya Marcal, Thanawat and Terell Pennant.

Popov and Alves I'd keep here for another year. Likewise Joe Wormleighton who I think can pish the 1st team in a position we always seem to get injuries, especially if we opt to go 3-4-1-2.

• Like 4

Wright - championship

Brunt - championship 

Braybrooke - League 1

Maswanhise - League 1
Mcateer - League 1

Stolarczyk - League 1

Wanya Marcal - League 2

Odunze - League 2

Fitzugh - League 2

Ewing - League 2

Flynn - League 2

Wormleighton - League 2

Sell Eppiah and Hirst.

I know it’s very unlikely we loan all these out at the same time but these are probably the levels we should be trying to send them out on loan to this season? Personally feel Alves at only 17 would be better training with the first team for the season too.

Edited by BroughtonFox

9 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

Wright - championship

Brunt - championship 

Braybrooke - League 1

Maswanhise - League 1
Mcateer - League 1

Stolarczyk - League 1

Wanya Marcal - League 2

Odunze - League 2

Fitzugh - League 2

Ewing - League 2

Flynn - League 2

Wormleighton - League 2

Sell Eppiah and Hirst.

I know it’s very unlikely we loan all these out at the same time but these are probably the levels we should be trying to send them out on loan to this season? Personally feel Alves at only 17 would be better training with the first team for the season too.

Forgot about Maswanhise, he's definitely in need of a loan. In danger of losing heart and focus for a vastly talented player and needs to be tested.

Wanya Marcal is vastly more talented than McAteer, I'd swap the levels round there of possible loan moves.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bubby said:

Part of me feels like caving a bit on the Loan move. Northampton is a nicely located League 2 side where we can keep a good watch on younger loanees, and they can even easily commute from home. I would like to build a good relationship with them. How much would we get for Eppiah in any event?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

Well he won’t want to be playing for the U23’s ……he’d be covering 7 positions with only 4 players on the pitch ! 

4 hours ago, FoxesCJ30 said:

I kind of hope Wright sticks around due to the limited recourses on the wide areas. If he's willing he could really work into that spot like KDH did when waiting to around December time.

the signs aren’t really there that brendan rates him. I feel like he would have featured a little more if Brendan was considering keeping him around. 

At this stage, he might get an opportunity in the league cup but even that would be doubtful as brendan likes to go strong. 

It’s a shame but I don’t want to waste his time, perhaps we will look to move him  and others on after that league cup game 

38 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Part of me feels like caving a bit on the Loan move. Northampton is a nicely located League 2 side where we can keep a good watch on younger loanees, and they can even easily commute from home. I would like to build a good relationship with them. How much would we get for Eppiah in any event?

A loan move is not Location, Location, Location. 
Surely it should be based on style of play and how games they will get. If there are no bids for Eppiah then by all means I’m sure he ends up at Northampton.

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

A loan move is not Location, Location, Location. 
Surely it should be based on style of play and how games they will get. If there are no bids for Eppiah then by all means I’m sure he ends up at Northampton.

It's not "location, location, location" for a player like Eppiah, but it very well could play a role in a much younger player. Although there is a lot of play in a loan move -- including, as you say, style of play and game time -- there is also building good relationships with lower division clubs, which helps guarantee that your loaned players at least are wanted and will get playing time. If that club is an hour away, even better.

37 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

the signs aren’t really there that brendan rates him. I feel like he would have featured a little more if Brendan was considering keeping him around. 

At this stage, he might get an opportunity in the league cup but even that would be doubtful as brendan likes to go strong. 

It’s a shame but I don’t want to waste his time, perhaps we will look to move him  and others on after that league cup game 

I think he wants to include him in the 25 but thst very much depends on getting Praet and one other midfielder out.